[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys lie on your resume? I like to say that i graduated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Mia (12).jpg (519KB, 901x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mia (12).jpg
519KB, 901x1024px
Do you guys lie on your resume? I like to say that i graduated highschool but the reality is i had a break down right before we graduated and dropped out. Im doing fine, i can get jobs. But I cant be the only one right? R-Right?
>>
>>1054899
To answer your question: no

If found out that you're lying, that's grounds for immediate termination.
>>
Yeah, you're fine. I'm doing the same thing but with college, OP.

>>1054902

>i graduated high school, am unemployed, and never been in management, but this is how I feel good about my shitty situation
>>
>>1054902
But what are the odds of that?

As long as the person in question didnt act like a tard they should be good right? I mean i guess it isnt that simple.
>>
>>1054899

I don't suggest lying on your resume for the reasons >>1054902 said.

That being said, I don't think in your particular case it would matter.

I don't know what job you are applying for, but I don't think I've ever heard of a company that spends the time and money to verify a HS graduation.
>>
>>1054899
>>1054905
I never do, but for reference, when I got my last job they cross-checked absolutely everything - prior employment history - down to the specific MONTH I noted as starting/leaving which had me worried because I took a haphazard guess at those. They also required all degrees scanned and sent to them for verification.

And that was for $11.50 p/h at Chase Bank
>>
>>1054899
>>1054905
I do the same thing OP.

I highly doubt they even check references. But then again I've only had a few shit jobs and currently unemployed looking for a job desu. No lies on my current resume desu.
>>
>>1054908
That kinda gives me the willies. But its good to know. I mean, even if they found out that im full of shit, the worst they can do is fire me. Thats pretty bad, agh.
>>
>>1054899
more of her?
>>
File: asdfasdadf.jpg (220KB, 522x434px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdadf.jpg
220KB, 522x434px
>>1054918

Why not?
>>
Not me, but my dad used to always lie on his application and say he never murdered anyone.

He was only discovered once, and they didn't fire him immediately.
>>
>>1054922

Thats pretty hardcore. Deets.
>>
>>1054924
Well, my dad spent 12.5 years in prison (half of a "life sentence") for 1st degree murder. He met my mom while on work release, and then went on parole.

If you meant details about the murder, it's not extremely exciting. It was a home robbery that went wrong - the homeowner had a gun and shot first.
>>
Yep, lied to get my first job, said I had experience working for Circuit City right before it closed, they couldn't check anything because the business was closed.
>>
>no work experience until last year, so used an out of business local store from a different state and an out of country shop with friends acting as cover
>applying for new job now
>place I interviewed with today wants to do a backround check
Should I be too worried since it's just a bootleg Sam's Club and not anything too important. They outright said they weren't gonna bother calling the foreign place, so wondering if they're gonna cheap out on backround check too.
>>
>>1054926
London?
>>
>>1054962
USA.
>>
>>1054966
your dad is a piece of shit and should still be locked up.
>>
>>1054968
My dad is a good man who had a tough childhood and made some bad decisions. His dad tried to kill him many times. That's how he grew up. He's caused no problems for the 30 years he's been out of prison, and raised a successful son that runs a $200M/year business.

You're a piece of shit that should be sodomized.
>>
There is fudging your resume and there is lying on your resume.

Everyone does the former.

"Volunteered with Habitat for Humanity 2008-2015" When you went there twice because your mom made you.
Vs.
Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard with a Masters in Physics

The first one no one gives a fuck about. The second one will lead to your termination if you somehow made it past the hiring phase.

Shit people lie about: months worked (everyone rounds up or just doesn't fucking remember), references (people who don't have enough/good ones get their friends to pose as a reference), job duties (everyone lists the shit they think the HR rep wants to hear, and includes some task that they did once or rarely because it makes it sound like they were doing stuff beyond the scope of their job).

Now for reference, I used to work in a school district and I lied on my resume, no one looked into it. Now I work at a nuclear power plant and they looked into every aspect of my life to make sure I wasn't a fucking terrorist.

In short OP, feel free to lie. Who gives a fuck? If you get found out before the interview process, you just won't get the job. If you get found out after you're hired, you'll get fired or reprimanded. It's not like they don't still have to pay you.
>>
>>1054968
If someone goes out robbing they should be prepared to get killed. Fuck you
>>
Technically, it is a felony, so a dick employer could send you to prison.
>>
>>1054902
>If found out that you're lying, that's grounds for immediate termination.

High inhibition beta fag detected
>>
Matters what kind of job
>>
File: shaking mi cabesa.jpg (39KB, 485x327px) Image search: [Google]
shaking mi cabesa.jpg
39KB, 485x327px
>>1054971
>Good man
>Kills people for small sums of money

Can you say "Daddy issues?"
>>
>>1054971

Not saying your dad is the devil. Unfortunately bad circumstances can lead to awful stuff. But if you want to defend him, it would probably be better to say something about what he is currently doing to repent for his sins with respect to the victims family. Because from their perspective they lost a beloved family member because of some greedy nigger who probably wanted to get high, and that will stick with them for a lot longer than 12.5 years.
>>
Graduating from high school is more or less graduating from nothing. A job requiring high school level means they need someone that can talk properly and not behave like trash, they don't expect any kind of specific knowledge and everything they want to know about they will find out just by the way you hold yourself during the interview. Go for it, worst case scenario, you won't get the job.
>>
>>1054902
Termination from a job he wouldn't have had in the first place.

Anyway, Mcdonalds isn't going to waste time checking up on that kind of thing. Graduating high school and surviving to age 18 are basically equivalent accomplishments. No job gives a shit as long as you don't have a criminal record
>>
I printed out 20 resumes that include no lies. If I don't get more than 2 interviews or 1 job offer with them I will lie through my fucking teeth and make so much shit up.

I swear if when I do that 10+ interviews in a week...
>>
>>1054979
It is not a felony to lie on your resume, except in very specific cases like falong military srevive (which is easily verifiable so you ask for trouble). Besides, nobody actually checks them anyway. HR is too lazy, stupid, or both.
>>
>>1056257
>falong
Faking..ucking auto"correct"
>>
>>1054920
Anda boludo, es argentina? La concha de la madre, que nena papá
>>
>>1054899
>>1054920
Sauce
>>
>>1054971
HE A GOOD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
I have three degrees but only put two of them on job applications. I also only list my interesting jobs because who has time to read about more than four or five jobs?
>>
>>1054908
Any kind of job involving lots of money handling will be more stringent.

Bank jobs pay like ass starting anyway, they are geared towards hiring young women
>>
>>1054915
That's the exception to the rule.
Bank work = handling money. Alot of money
>>
Not OP but related question.

My GPA dropped from 3.2 to 2.5.

Should I cite my old GPA and lie?
>>
>>1057567
Don't put your GPA at all.
>>
I was unemployed for 6 months and said I was working for some temp agency, I didn't think anybody would care enough to check due to the short term transitory nature of temp agencies, and I was right
>>
>>1054899
No. why would I need a resume? I'm a business owner. That's why I'm on /biz/. why are you on /biz/ wagecucks? gtfo.

btw buy ETH
>>
>>1057589
This.

Don't put your GPA down unless it's above 3.8
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.