[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, biz my stock portfolio is god awful. let's just put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1451103985610.png (11KB, 744x520px) Image search: [Google]
1451103985610.png
11KB, 744x520px
Hello, biz my stock portfolio is god awful. let's just put it out there I tried my luck with penny stocks and the like and I'm in the red $3300 dollars I'm really new to the stock market. I was prepared to lose what i invested it was some savings that i figured I'd try my hand in multiplying with so I'm not broke or anything. My total account value is $2700 and I have a little over $800 to spend that's currently in my account. Any ideas on how to make this money grow really well over the next.. I don't know.. 5 years? I'm just looking for any general advice or stock tips or anything really.
>>
More penny stocks
>>
>>1054768
I'm not sure I want to make that mistake again. I will say at one point it did make me an extra $900 over night and I just held on to it like an idiot.
>>
>>1054771

Hold your horses: let the stocks sit

Only the truly skilled, and truly lucky, can consistently predict the rise and fall of stock markets.

Right now, shorting the SP or Nasdaq would be a good idea, but since you are already invested and at a loss, just try to wait it out.

Buy and hold, see what happens, maybe you will get that lucky 10.000% increase on your penny stock

Or maybe not. The stock market is half gambling after all.
>>
>>1054778
I've been holding it for like a year, but today it did go up some, so maybe.
>>
Just put in in voo.
>>
>>1054780
Buy VOO.
>>
etherium
>>
>>1054780
>>1054786
>>1054787
Only downside is that due to trading fees you might get jewed if you're buying <$1k at a time.
>>
>>1054787
>>1054786
how many shares should i buy? how long should i hold on to it?
>>1054788
im not sure what that is nothing came up for it when i searched it
>>
>>1054798
>how many shares should i buy? how long should i hold on to it?

Minimum $1k+ worth. Otherwise trading fees gobble up a hefty amount.

Hold for ever.
>>
>>1054800
I can buy like 9 shares would that really gain me much? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.
>>
>>1054802
Yes 9 is ok.

You just don't want to be buying under $1k at a time because if your broker's fees are $10/trade then you're spending over 1% to buy it right off the bat... Not really recommended. 1% is tolerable though.

It won't gain you "a lot". This is what's known as "long-term investing". Over the course of years it will earn you an average of 7-8% per year.
>>
>>1054806
Well, here's to hoping I don't regret it. Thank you for your (hopefully valuable) input. And I guess it is kind of gambling anyways.
>>
>>1054800
Use Robin Hood.
No fees.
>>
>>1054809
No it is not gambling.

I suggest you do some more research on long-term investing.

And don't look at the day to day changes, look at how much you're making in 3, 5, 10 years with this type of strategy.

>>1054810
>tfw no robincuck here
>>
>>1054813
I will be sure to do that, thank you for your help I hope your year is a prosperous one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.