[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people trading instead of investing into their own, proper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1398469523698.jpg (27KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1398469523698.jpg
27KB, 350x335px
Why are people trading instead of investing into their own, proper business?

It doesn't make sense to me, the return on creating your own business is much, much higher.
>>
>>1054413
it's less work and quite frankly and the majority of people arent creative enough to start their own business and dont want to hustle for it.
>>
If it was that easy.
>>
>>1054413
By investing you are essentially paying someone to work for you and taking a small cut of the profits (if there are any) at the end. The distinct advantage to this compared to building your own business from the ground up is that because someone else is doing all the work you can keep your regular job/income. This way if the investment goes bad you have had and still have a steady source of income.
>>
>>1054413
Most new businesses fail.
>>
I figured this way too senpai
>>
>>1054413
For a few reasons
(Almost) everyone can invest, investing itself doesn't take any special resources, opportunities, lots of time, or proper / powerful work ethic.

Starting a business however, requires an entirely different view on money, the economy, working, risk-taking, and the list goes on.
It also takes a lot of time and an effective work ethic.

A lot of people don't have any of these things, so starting a business doesn't even seem like an option.
>>
The Speculators are just playing a money game.

They are gambling addicts.
>>
>>1054413
So are the buy-in costs. And since most of the early buy in is sweat equity, I can do both.

Speaking of which, time to stop reading about Greg Elliot and get back to it.
>>
>>1054507
>durr I speak on things I know nothing about
>>
>>1054413
Why not do both?
>>
>>1054413
>the return on creating your own business is much, much higher
I am autistic, businesses mean social interaction and problem solving, the first time I'd come across any kind of impasse and I'd sperg out.

Trading means pouring over SEC filings, announcements, conference calls, searching for information, methodically keeping up with the news and checking prices. I can do all this on my computer and in my noggin, all I have to do is figure out the best call, all things considered.
>>
I have already my own business with revenues in the millions.

Now i'm looking to get into investing because i think it's a good way to make a lot of money in a short period of time.
>>
>>1054413
>It doesn't make sense to me, the return on creating your own business is much, much higher.
Because 90% of startups fail within months whereas the stock market has made positive returns for decades.

The odds of your new biz doing well are much lower than the returns of buying and holding a stock index fund.
>>
>>1054413
Not to mention the fact that in the long run trading is a zero sum game...
>>
>>1057908
>Because 90% of startups fail within months whereas the stock market has made positive returns for decades.

Startups are different than small businesses. Small businesses have a much, much lower failure rate.
>>
Not everyone has the capital to start their own company.

Not everyone can risk quitting their job to dedicate all their time into something that might fail.

Not everyone has an innovative idea that is worth doing any of the above for.
>>
>>1057916
>Small businesses have a much, much lower failure rate.
So you're talking about about buying a business that's already established? Where do you get the money? Who's gonna run it? Do you know about the industry? What's your business plan? There's a million and one headaches with buying a small business.
>>
File: 1430025563911.jpg (44KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1430025563911.jpg
44KB, 500x367px
My business is a proprietary trading firm. I've invested years and tens of thousands of dollars.

Now, I pull a comfortable living off the market even in really shitty conditions (like recently).
>>
>>1054490
They surely will if you have that attitude lol
>>
>>1054413
Not enough capital to start a company and now is a bad time to start one anyways.
>>
>>1058002
>interest rates are the lowest they've ever been
>bad time to borrow capital
>>
not everyone is NEET
>>
File: 1431147580142.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1431147580142.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>1058343
>consumer spending is going down like your mother every prom night
>thinking now is the time to build up a business
>getting insulted by a bald retard on 4chan

You disgust me.
>>
>>1058343

Interest rates are only low for people who do not need the money. Try to get a loan for your business with no money and no assets, and you'll get a huge margin if they won't laugh you out the bank.
>>
>>1058408
This. Very difficult to get a loan when you actually need it. Much like being badgered about a business plan containing info you'd have to be in business to know.
>>
>>1058529
Try FundingCircle gouys. :^) I'll lend you some money
>>
>>1058002
Meh, mines only 3.5 years old and she's doing pretty well. It's service related and slightly insulated against a shit economy.
>>
>>1057908
Most people are dumb and start really dumb businesses.

Just because a hipster barber that is charging way to much because he uses vintage blades fails doesn't mean that it'll lower my chances of creating a good business.
>>
I really want to, but I have yet to discover a good product to sell
>>
File: 1386641929262.jpg (2KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1386641929262.jpg
2KB, 125x124px
>>1054413
I think Andrew Carnegie put it best, "There ain't any money in prospecting."
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.