[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-CDS-default.png (15KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
300px-CDS-default.png
15KB, 300x228px
ehi /biz/, how to find a cds on BCA MPS stock (ISIN: IT0005092165)?? its very important, it has the same situation of lehman, bear stearns... in 2008. it's full of non-performing loans and its stock price yesterday gained 42%, today 10%. i think theres a bubble
>>
Well, credit default swaps are usually in values of $10mil+, but the CBOE introduced CEBOs - credit event binary options - that you can trade on their exchange

You're also talking way above the average knowledge level of this board
>>
>>1054316
no im looking for cds as indicator, i dont want trade on. please, help me, the situation is very strange
>>
A CDS isn't traded on a public market, sorry buddy.
>>
>>1054316
Err, except the ISIN clearly has a country code for Italy.
>>
>>1054381
over the counter, man
>>
>>1054386
thanks, im italian
>>
>>1054417
Except from maybe iHaz and that one Chinese guy, everyone else here will look at this and think you're speaking an alien language.

99% of the people on here are neets who don't know jack shit about trading and are only looking for someone to show them the "next big thing".
>>
http://www.boursorama.com/bourse/taux/cds-CDS_5A_BANCA_MPS-3xMONTE
>>
>>1054419
This board has been dead for years. The only people who use it still are bored lurkers and highschoolers who just finished watching The Wolf of Wall Street and want to use Robinhood to "invest" their graduation in penny stocks.

Stop stating the blatantly obvious.

Also,
>implying this post itself isn't inspired by a certain movie released in the last month
>implying you're useful
>>
>>1054461
/thread
>>
>>1054461
ok thats right, are u sure it is reliable?
>>
>>1054483
please get out, you are offensive, your comment is senseless
>>
>>1054487
Nope, what do you want to do exactly?
Just read some days ago that the regulators banned shorting Italian stocks
>>
>>1054506
it is true, CONSOB, the regulator society, banned short selling on BCA MPS and other banks, two days ago, because they are full of non-performing loans. then yesterday there was the rebound of the stocks because of mario draghi and italian premier matteo renzi speech. anyway those banks are quite risky, and cds give me the demonstration
>>
>>1054605
I think the most reliable CDS data is provided by Bloomberg's Professional Service,
I'm very curious if someone on /biz actually has access to a Bloomberg Terminal
>>
You don't. CDSs are traded over the counter between large, reputable counter-parties like banks and hedge funds. Unless you are a high net worth individual (10mm+ USD), you will not be able to set up the kind of private banking relationship with a bulge bracket bank that will allow you to trade CDSs through them.

If you do have such a relationship, you should go ask them. This board has nothing more to offer than what I just told you.
>>
Also, you do not buy or sell CDS protection on equities. They are used to transfer credit risk from bonds.
>>
>>1054774
I have access to Bloomberg. Yes. You can find data on abs's, but the spreads are so large the informations practically useless.
>>
>>1055050
naked cds aren't sold anymore, right? Anyway if cds are proportional to the risk of a State or enterprise, they can be used as an indicator. So cds would have a lower value when the society (reference equity) is strong. But the bank im talking about is very strong as many people say (their ceo, the prime minister, the minister of economy...); then why its cds has a value so high? This is my opinion, a (small) bubble. I repeat, this bank is full of non-performing loans, everybody say it is strong...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.