[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just looked at my intro to accounting course, looks boring as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1453355323147.png (224KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
1453355323147.png
224KB, 474x528px
Just looked at my intro to accounting course, looks boring as shit but I have no idea what else to major in because im going to a tier 2 school.
What would be a better double major
Accounting and computer information systems
Or accounting and finance
Im thinking the first one
>>
Here is just some simple retail math showing how this could be a disaster....

Lets use Wal-Mart, mark up is 30% average.

Doubling the minimum wage isn't just giving someone an extra $7 an hour, it's giving someone $7 gross profit.

So $7 / 0.30 = $23.33 / 0.7 (restocking item) = $33.33.

Double that to $14/hour and it's $67 of sales PER associate PER hour just to pay for employees.

Times that by the 1.3 million workers effected, say they average 30 hours a week that's $2.6 Billion a week JUST for employees JUST to break even.

Never mind the $100,000 electric bill each store has, or the vendors, water, sewer, garbage, trucks, damage, returns, warehouses that generate no money, callcenters that generate no money.

I'm not against raising a minimum wage, I'm not against leaving it where it is, but the average person doesn't realize the MASSIVE expense that creates, and with stores operating on razor thin margins, it could be disaster to shock the system.
>>
>>1054191
Thanks for the math, I was wondering how feasible that really was. CEO pay is still fucking crazy mind you, although it's probably a result of being tied into stock performance.
>>
>>1054191

Looking at your example, Walmart has 1.4 million employees in the US. Based on their average of 34 hours a week, and that all of them will get a $5 an hour raise (they pay $10 currently), that would cost them $12.4 billion or so. They have profits of about $27 billion, so that would be just under half of them. In the scheme of their overall expenditure of more than $450 billion, of which wages account for barely more than 5%, it's a drop in the ocean. They could eat the expense without needing to raise prices at all, though an increase in turnover of just 2.5% would be enough to cover it.
>>
>>1053980
$10,300/hr * 2,000 hrs = $20,600,000
$20,600,000 / 191,000 employees = $107.85

If the CEO's pay was cut, the employees would make an extra $107.85 per year. That's less than their tax return might be, and not nearly enough to pay for a boost to $15/hr.

Good fucking job Berniefaggots.
>>
The other thing to consider in regards to Walmart is whether or not raising the wages of employees would also significantly raise store sales, since more money to spend blahblahblah economics.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.