[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday i lost 11 000 eur, post your biggest losses, help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1451233720812.jpg (837KB, 2992x2328px) Image search: [Google]
1451233720812.jpg
837KB, 2992x2328px
Yesterday i lost 11 000 eur, post your biggest losses, help me feel little less miserable
>>
>>1053105
>Realizing your losses

Literally why not just hold?
>>
>>1053105

I bought 50 UVXY at $54.

Hold me?
>>
File: embarrassing.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>1053105

It's not a loss until you close the position. Why the fuck would you close a position with that much unrealised loss?
>>
>>1053108
hold? without QE4 or NIRP it cannot hold
>>
>>1053119

Just hold if you lose $11k, you don't need to end your position. It'll go up eventually but now you acted emotionally and lost $11k(not sure if this is a lot or not for you but it's a hefty sum of cash).
>>
>>1053124
I made them from 4000 so that real loss
>>
>>1053128
No the real loss is $11k. That's how much you had and foolish lost for no reason.

No offense but you really need to take the emotional aspect out of investing. Think logically, go masturbate or eat/sleep well before you decide to open/close a position.
>>
>>1053135
This
I don't understand why people freak out and get bitched slapped by the market when they could wait a while and still profit.
>>
25,000$ in one day.
I was robbed at gunpoint by an old friend who worked for me.
>>
>>1053135
>>1053179
It's because you have to have the losers to make the winners.
>>
I have 0 realized losses in the market. Emphasis on realized because I have made stupid decisions though. I went long on a ton of FXCM betting on a small bounce early last February. It didn't. Reverse split of 10:1 last September. That hurt. Still holding like an idiot.

To help you feel less miserable, I have had realized losses of $19,000 from a business I walked away from.
>>
My dad lost 1.35M USD on one day 2009 with a total of 2M by the end of it sooooo...
>fucking FAZ
>>
>>1053118
Perhaps because he might've had 100k riding on that position and a 11% loss is acceptable given where he thinks the market is going.
>>
30 million in 2008
>>
>>1055280
How do you even lose this much pesos?
>>
>>1055336
Euros. Was too much in, thought i could hold it out, an (directly) unrelated series of events meant i couldn't. poof
>>
My coworker put his entire 410k into ATI @ around 19 dollars
>>
>>1055376
yeah but why
>>
>>1055388
He thought it would go back to 35
>>
Worst day for me was down $75,000 and change. Down close to $90,000 intraday. Roughly a 25% total portfolio loss.

That sucked more than your mother but, hey, that's what happens when you're not fully diversified.
>>
Had paper losses of 60k during the 2008 crisis, I just kept buying the dips and holding on...ended up positive about 80-90k before cashing out 2 years ago to buy a house.
>>
>>1055671
well done
>>
>>1053108
>>1053118
>>1053124
Not cutting your losses early is a big mistake if he kept holding he could have loat even more and you're not guaranteed to profit if you hold it long enough companies do go bankrupt and even if it didn't the stock could still stay mostly flat for years for all he knows
>>
>>1053105
I lost about 6k over the course of several months from trading you just have to try and learn something from the experience so that it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>1055683
t. Poor retard

Your logic is the antithesis of investing.

Just because the shit fell a bit doesn't mean you panic sell. Just keep holding. It's in your best odds to wait because NEARLY EVERYTHING makes a comeback at least once every 10 years at the very least.

Even the shittiest company will eventually do something stimulating and cause the stock price to shoot up.
>>
>>1055686
Unless they go POOF. But yes holding for a miracle resurgeance, actually sometimes works, dont panic sell at huge loss (unless it can go much, much lower)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.