[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw up till this point housing prices have been sky rocketing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12

File: Canada-Flag.jpg (395KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Canada-Flag.jpg
395KB, 900x600px
>mfw up till this point housing prices have been sky rocketing
>mfw wages have decreased if anything
>mfw CAD is destroyed
>mfw in global terms, housing prices in Canada have remained constant the whole time, the increased prices of houses in CAD is offset by the decreasing value of the CAD
>mfw foreigners are the only ones who can afford decent housing/condos while whoever is working within the Canadian economy is basically poverty level

>mfw Canadians are well on their way to becoming 3rd world citizens
>>
you already are 3rd world country, its just that the full blown collapse didn't reach middle class yet
>>
File: IMG_20160115_191427.jpg (31KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160115_191427.jpg
31KB, 320x320px
>>1051846
Good meme goy, heard Canadas expanding to farming penguins instead of oil
>>
Feels decent.

I am putting all my money into VFV soon so I hope the Canadian dollar keeps eating shit.
>>
>>1051846
Thats what it means to be a resource based economy. Working for someone else will never allow you to buy a good home anyway. I worked as a software engineer for four years for miserable 60k/year, didnt have any raises, nothing. Last year I realized if I want money I gotta go out and make it myself. Took me a week to find a product to sell on Amazon, a day to sign up and a week to ship it there. Making decent supplemental income now, with less stress than my day job.
>>
>>1051846
your face is a leaf?
>>
File: Justin Trudeau.jpg (21KB, 244x323px) Image search: [Google]
Justin Trudeau.jpg
21KB, 244x323px
Justin Trudeau will save us.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-55-26.png (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-55-26.png
217KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw -15.28% 1 year return rate
>>
>>1051872
>Tfw didn't buy VFV 2 years ago

Fuck.
>>
Taxes eat my shit up, I make 21 an hour and still almost the same as a minimum wage worker
>>
>>1051914
horseshit. @ 21/hr your paying the same rate as a min wage worker unless you do a shitload of overtime, then you definitly make more net than a minimum wage worker.
>>
>>1051914
do you happen to live in toronto,gta,montreal or vancouver?
>>
>>1051935
When I worked as a manager at mcdonalds I was a dollar above minimum wage, my paychecks were usually 800-900 working about 35 hours a week

Now I work 32 hours and my paycheck are about 1040. I do work for a union though and have to pay union dues, but 150 more is peanuts when my wage doubled...

>>1053097
I live in Toronto
>>
>>1053433
>Every Canadian on /viz/ works a deadend meme job

How am I not surprised..
>>
So I pay 1k a month for a relatively shitty apartment, and my lease has expired so I can leave with a months notice. I can find a nicer place jn the 800 range, but I'm wondering if I should wait a bit longer before I sign a ne w lease. My job should stick around. Income is around 2600-3200 on average.
>>
>>1053483
I'm 21 and going to school, my jobs also a government job and pays part of my tuition

I think I'm doing alright, after I graduate I plan on moving to a supervisor/management role making at least 90k a year
>>
>>1053563
>after I graduate I plan on moving to a supervisor/management role making at least 90k a year
You are so naive
>>
>>1053572
Yeah, but there other positions available that will pay fairly well 70~k range, so I'm looking at moving up slowly but at least I have a goal in mind

I set my floor down at 27 dollars (full rate in a year) and can only move up from there is how I see it
>>
>>1053580
what's the field?
>>
>tfw making 90k a year
Everyone bitches here and no one accomplishes anything because they are too lazy or stupid
>>
>electing le weed man
>>
>>1053563
Wasn't even memeing you. I'm also a loser senpai.

>TFW looking for min wage jobs during gapyear and they ALL want you to apply online and then never call you

Just end my life desu senpai.
>>
>>1053582
Public transportation

>>1053586
Tbqh I kind of regret voting him, I think younger people like me voted for him for his youth without knowing what he'd actually do

I don't blame him for Canada's economy though
>>
>>1051846
>>mfw foreigners are the only ones who can afford decent housing/condos while whoever is working within the Canadian economy is basically poverty level
Can we stop this meme? The only city in Canada that doesn't have housing for the middle class within an hour of the CBD is Vancouver, that's it, everywhere else is fine.
>>
>>1053611
>Toronto

And they also happen to be the two most relevant cities.
>>
>>1053605
Please ban all chinks from the TTC.

k thx
>>
>>1053617
Toronto is fine. It's a bit on the expensive side, sure, but you guys make it sound like a shack three and a half hours away by bus is the only thing under $500K.
>>
>>1053433

You live in the North West Territories? Thats the only place where you could even possibly get a $800 paycheque on min wage. And then not even there because your cheques are net and 800/70=11.42. youd have to pay no tax/cpp/ei/etc at all to get that.

So, your a bullshitting cunt.
>>
>>1053632
Uhh condos are like $500k though. All houses are a milli or more
>>
when are these stupid ass housing prices going to plummet ?

My parents are caught in the bubble and they keep wanting to sell their house for 'millions' but they can't because the house itself is absolute garbage.
>>
>>1053619
Get a car you fag lol.
>>
>>1053638
I made about 12-13 as a manager at mcdonalds, tax and cpp and ei are about 100 a paycheck, that would still be around 800 dollars

Even when I worked at TTC as a student, my paychecks were about 480 weekly at 16/hour

>>1053619
Nah its not ttc
>>
>>1053650
Are you one of those people that refuse to commute more than 15 minutes, and then whine about how expensive where you live is? I understand that they're hard to find, but you CAN get a house for under $500K.
>>
You're young. Its a good thing that the world is collapsing around you. You get to rebuild.
>>
Is it cuckolded to buy VFV right now or not? How much further can the s&p as well as CAD fall?
>>
>trying to get a better job than my 11$/hr shit show
>currently in school for accounting/business admin
>only jobs available are minimum wage slave jobs or dishwashing crap
>no real job postings anywhere

Is there anyway a business in America would take a Canadian? I have family who lives in Newyork/Boston/Vermont
>>
>>1053744
I thought min wage was 11.25 now?
>>
>>1053744
Look for internships and summer student jobs, that's how I got my start

I'm a student as well in finance
>>
>>1053747
10.45 in BC
>>
>>1053605
>Tbqh I kind of regret voting him
Dude its been less than half a year. If you're that fickle you probably shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place.
>>
>>1053757
Nah, I wasn't really into politics until after he became prime minister

So I guess I shouldn't have voted back then lol
>>
Fucking crazy country.

>minimum wage
Ok
> hey buddy you gotta tip 15%
Well,that doesn't make sense, why do I have to pay and tip before I get my food? but ok,mew culture new rules.
Hey waiter, this foods shit
>ok do you want me to put it back in the microwave for a while?
Fuck off.
>welcome to Hal'fax, have a nice day!
>>
Could be worse.
I could live in Michigan.
>>
>>1053668
Hah wow I used to work as a student for the TTC too, crazy.
>>
I live in Canada but I'm paid in USD, feels g00d.
>>
>>1053744

I'm interested in this as well, does anyone have any advice for a Canadian who would like to live in/work in the US, at least for a few years? I have American some aunts/uncles/cousins. Is the only way to get into the US to have a business hire you? What if you do web dev or something and are self-employed?
>>
>>1054256
H-how

>TFW looking for some SEO bullshit so I can finally get paid in USD let alone make money
>>
I moved overseas for a temp job but now I'm seriously considering now returning to Canada. It makes me sad that I won't be able to see my family or friends, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make so I don't get financially fucked. My friends are all still in the middle class, middle population city that I was born in. None of them can find worthwhile jobs. I'm so fucking sad for them and every other Canadian now dealing with exorbitant food prices, a housing bubble, and few expectations for the future.
>>
Who here /buying VFV and selling when CAD bottoms out/?

I-is it a good idea or am i about to get fucked again?
>>
>>1053563
What can possibly go wrong?
>>
>>1053744
>not doing internships
You're thinking too much in the short term.
I mean, how the fuck do you expect to get a job after graduating son? Do you already have one lined up?
>>
>live in Argentina
>speak fluent English with an American accent
>go for holidays to a tourist spot in the country
>hook up with Canadian girl
>we get along amazingly well, continue the trip through Chile, things go incredibly smoothly
>decide to keep in touch throughout the year
>skype almost every day
>make plans to leave my 3rd world shithole of a country with routine currency collapses
>CAD_collapse.jpg

am I cursed?
>>
File: australia-map.gif (227KB, 1000x854px) Image search: [Google]
australia-map.gif
227KB, 1000x854px
Kek, you Canadians ain't got SHIT on AUD.

>most indebted nation in the world
>>
>>1054775
But we are the highest.

I am literally reading the National Post from 2 days ago where it says that Canada has 166.1% household debt to income, highest in the world. (UK at 155.7%, Japan 129.2%, and US 113.4%)
>>
Second class citizen here. China just dropped Canada as an investment location because they complained about too much red tape and rules.

>inb4 Sino Forest scandal

Tell us /biz/ how to fix this country again. The conservatives messed everything up and Justin too busy replacing cabinet with gendersyrup beaverkins because its [insert current year] for crying out loud.
>>
>>1054804
Maybe once the dollar is low enough and you're willing to work for peanuts Canada can become the new China, supplying the world with cheap junk made in sweatshops.
>>
Cad went from 1usd to 0.7 in 4 years
30% decrease jesus
>>
>>1051856
>Software engineer
>Sell shit online for supplemental income

Why not sell yourself online? If you're any good you can freelance or start your own company.
>>
Canada will be completely under Sharia by 2050

Hope the weed was worth it Canacucks
>>
>>1055389
>TFW we still have no weed and Trudeau is saying he cannot legalize it

Gee who would've seen that coming!
>>
>>1055395

Are you fucking serious?

I don't really follow MapleBong politics that much, but wasn't that pretty much his entire platform and the reason so many millennials showed up to vote?
>>
>>1055401
Trust me anon. A few months before the next election, Trudeau will double down on weed and say he's FOUND A WAY! First thing he'll do on his second term.

Millenials will vote in force for him. I hate liberal young people. am I jaded and to old or are they really that fucking stupid?
>>
>>1055401
Yeah it's hilarious.

His three biggest platforms were:
1) He's not Harper, harper apparently hates women and everyone else
2) He is young and sexy
3) He will legalize marijuana

Two of those are not even reasons and the 3rd he first admitted will take years and then said he cannot legalize it because of "UN" and other countries getting mad.

Wow but the people who voted for him literally thought it would be legal the moment he's elected lol.
>>
>>1055529
Old people tend to be cynics, not realists.

Only populists can reach the highest offices of state, there is too much natural selection involved in getting to that point. Literally every world leader you can think of viewed morality as just a meme to manipulate people.
>>
>>1051846
eh, got a coin with a beaver on it, guy?
>>
>>1053732
The CAD is in total shit rn, however it made a slight bounce today

CAD at max will probably drop only to 60-65 Cents 60
>>
>>1054750
No its still way better than earning money in argentina thats for sure LOL

The cad will go back to its avg USD price in about 3-10 years
>>
>>1055562
So is it a good idea to buy VFV or nah?

Should I just buy and sell it once CAD or oil is expected to make a comeback?
>>
File: 1441760537498.jpg (50KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441760537498.jpg
50KB, 720x720px
>work for provincial government
>there's a freeze on wage increases for at least 2 years
>now I also get paid in monopoly money
Th-thanks
>>
>>1055638
>freeze on wage

Why are government jobs desirable, again?
>>
>>1055719
Pension plan, impossible to get fired, good benefits, better wage than many other areas.
>>
Fuck off you bigot its 2016. ~Really~ sick of all the right wing nutjobs on this site
>>
>>1055638
get a job in the private sector you leech
>>
how much of this had to do with China being the penetrative partner
>>
>>1055532
I voted for him but figured, at best 2017 or so. Legalization wasn't really a factor for me.

More likely it will be mid of his second term, if at all.

I dont understand how people could have believed it would be anytime soon.

Surprised there is no push at a provincial level in a similar manner to the US.
>>
>>1053744
>job posting

Dude you gotta go and cold call some companies
>>
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-23/fruit-vegetable-prices-soar-canada-if-you-insist-eating-tomatoes-youre-going-pay-it

Good read for anyone buying fucking food in Canada.
>>
File: 1389742538822.jpg (105KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
1389742538822.jpg
105KB, 800x552px
>>1051862
how?? why??
>"because its 2015"
>>
>>1056340
>fucking cold calling

Yeah I'm sure that will work.

>Hello I'm anon who applied for position of shelf stocker... Yes I was interested in hearing about the progress of my application
>What? I will get a call if I am selected for an interview and won't even let me speak to a manager? O-ok you didn't need to swear... I-i understand... Sorry

Pretty much how it goes in this broken economy. They get 200 applications for every open spot. Good luck getting anything even slightly pleasant at min wage.
>>
>live in Argentina
>speak fluent English with an American accent
>go for holidays to a tourist spot in the country
>hook up with Canadian girl
>we get along amazingly well, continue the trip through Chile, things go incredibly smoothly
>decide to keep in touch throughout the year
>skype almost every day
>make plans to leave my 3rd world shithole of a country with routine currency collapses
>CAD_collapse.jpg

am I cursed?
>>
>>1051856
>a software engineer for four years for miserable 60k/year
Why don't you just go to the states?
>>
File: 1425525546849.jpg (122KB, 780x676px) Image search: [Google]
1425525546849.jpg
122KB, 780x676px
>>1055638

Holy shit, finally.

Government rates should be tied to the average private sector wages. You people are generally inferior and less productive, and yet you don't face the harshness of the real world and markets.

You have a warm blanket of tax payer money subsidizing your existence.

Hudak was right, we should cut 100k of these desk warmer jobs ASAP.
>>
>>1051856

Lol dude, I make more than that selling hardwood floors with a highschool diploma.

And coding is fucking tedious and unpleasant. Goddamn.
>>
>>1056911
Fucking parasites man.

I don't want to be le lolbertarian... But FUCK public sector. Working at 1/5th their Max speed or being helpful in any way... Because... Why fucking bother anyway? Same pay either way, same pension.
>>
There's a good chance I'll get a job offer from the federal govt in February for an IT position. Should I take it? Starts at 55k

I'm leaving towards yes since private sector is shit right now. After searching for months I can only get a shit paying job
>>
>>1056931
G-go for it parasite...

Milk it for what it's worth. I'll continue to play poker and cry myself to sleep because I'm playing on a rigged fucking pokersite.
>>
>>1054225
don't bully!
>>
>>1056931
GJ dudebro. I'm guessing it'll be in the NCR?

If you plan on relocating invest in a space heater. And skate on the canal once, but only once, because otherwise people will be disappointed when they ask you what skaing on the canal is like.
>>
>>1056931
There's a good chance I'll get a job offer from the federal govt in February for a census position. Should I take it? Starts at $15/h

I'm leaving towards yes since private sector is shit right now. After searching for months I can only get a shit paying job
>>
I am reminded of crabs in a bucket when I see conservatives post. When will they accept that government is no more evil than any other massively inefficient private corporation in this country?
>>
>>1056350

It's so brutal. As someone coming from the upper middle class in Canada (We own 4 acres of property that has our country estate), my parents have not even blinked at the rising prices. Meat is terrible if you don't buy it bulk from costco.
>>
>>1051846
>tfw your country/its rich people already sold you out to high ranking chinks
>>
File: 1438813536527.jpg (8KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1438813536527.jpg
8KB, 220x220px
>>1051846
shoulda bought bitcoin or gold
>>
File: 1424203950877.png (253KB, 454x430px) Image search: [Google]
1424203950877.png
253KB, 454x430px
>tfw working some pleb labour job in Alberta $18/h
>200 people applied in a week

Alberta is mcfucking meme'd
>>
>>1058137
You can be on the receiving end of some serious abuse in that job. All through history people don't trust the census. In France long ago people would leave their homes and go live in a boat down by the river while the census people were in town. You will be yelled at, threatened and told to get the hell off properties. Then you have to report those people to the census police.
>>
>>1056921
>>1056911
Cry more, that's the free market for you.. If the citizens of the province/country are willing to pay taxes to pay for the work that the government wants to do then people will apply for those jobs.
>>
>be me in shit-tier toronto uni
>doing literal meme degree
>barely passing my courses, getting the min. GPA needed
>get -30% off tuition grant
>get $230/month since dad is disabled or something
>on uni wrestling team so i get bux for being athlete
>work part time
>commute to uni
>get grants because family is disgustedly poor
>graduating with no debt
>will join CF and make cash

life is good
>>
>>1059682
are you me lmao

is it york's wrestling team?
>>
>>1053617
>>1053632
Ottawa is getting ridiculous
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.