[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Careers/Advice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1445616860849.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
1445616860849.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>mfw wanted to do an economics degree
>didn't do A Level maths so nowhere in my country will take me
>forced to do Law because of my non-STEM A levels
>do work experience at a Law firm
>now have no non-STEM degree to study

Am I fucked? I was considering maybe doing English but other than being a teacher are there any English jobs out there that are worth the time?
>>
File: e2.png (6KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
e2.png
6KB, 142x142px
No you would not have survived STEM anyways. Stem have drop out rate over 60%. For guys like you it's 100%.

You should feel lucky you dodged a bullet. And dont fucking do englush degree. Jesus christ.
>>
Is IT really as soul crushing as some people make it out to be?

I guess it depends on what exactly you do, but all around the board I've heard extremely low satisfaction.

I just want to fuck around with computers and hold imaginary power over people.
>>
>>1051450
Well, what should I do then? Is Law the only choice for me? I was hoping to work abroad. Should I do international law or trading law or something?
>>
>>1051466

>I just want to fuck around with computers and hold imaginary power over people.

If you mean get yelled at by some one 18 levels above you who will lose his job if you dont magically recover his files or some other impossible thing that he has zero understanding of, then yes you will have imaginary power.

Then he calls your boss and says you were a complete ass to him and puts you on the no bonus list just before he gets fired .
>>
Is going for a Quantitative Social Science degree worth it? My other choice is Economics.
>>
File: 13975020557802.png (12KB, 622x294px) Image search: [Google]
13975020557802.png
12KB, 622x294px
>Almost done with last year of "High-school" (Gymnasium in my country)
>Have Bioligy A and Math A
>Bioligy is fucking useless in STEM. BioTech is what's requested.
>Physics C and Chemistry C
>I can upgrade Physics to B after-the-fact to get into a few engineering degrees, including Electrical Engineering.
>Aerospace engineer requires Physics A
>Not IB so I can't get into any world top universities
>Grades so average it hurts, so getting into most good universities is hard as well.
>I might have a shot at EE at DTU
>I will never have a degree that ensures me a six figure paycheck right out the gate
>I might get some dead end job while being stuck in the middle class
>>
>>1051420
just join the military and when you get out practically every school will take you no matter what.
>>
>>1051466

Not if you like it. Good money in it too. As with any skill it takes a lot of work to learn and master.

Source: employed programmer who likes it
>>
>>1051654
LOL

Keep dreaming.
>>
>>1051679
find me a veteran with GI Bill benefits that was denied enrollment to a university they applied to.

it's a guaranteed pay check for the school that's even better than regular financial aid. Any school that accepts federal funds won't risk all their money for turning down an application from a veteran.
>>
>>1051725
forgot to add

>inb4 from any country that isn't the USA

outside of certain specialties there's zero reason to get your post-secondary education outside of the US
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.