[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WE HAVE OFFICIALLY ENTERED A BEAR MARKET SELL E L L EVERYTHING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: CVIifFLVEAErGVp.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CVIifFLVEAErGVp.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
WE HAVE OFFICIALLY ENTERED A BEAR MARKET

SELL
E
L
L

EVERYTHING
>>
do you not know how a bear market works
>>
>>1050305
we have been bear for months. If you aren't already deep into SH and have been killing it in the last 3 weeks you are a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1452831230502.png (659KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
1452831230502.png
659KB, 1000x707px
>>1050305
SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL
>>
File: food for thought.jpg (38KB, 533x458px) Image search: [Google]
food for thought.jpg
38KB, 533x458px
But what if I want to buy?
>>
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUY THE DIP
>>
>>1050328
Buy inverse s&p ETFs
>>
>>1050305

except bears

buy bears
>>
>>1050306
>buying at the start of a bear market

did you even show up to econ 101?
>>
>>1051008
Hey, as long as the stock is undervalued and will be worth more later by your assessment, it is worth buying. It doesn't really matter if it dips a little more before going up. What really matters is that it will eventually be worth much more than you paid for it.
>>
>>1051026
>It doesn't really matter if it dips a little more before going up
nigga wut. you're leaving money on the table. all you have to do is go out and grab it.
>>
>>1051028
It's like when you have 2/5 offsuit and you fold it in Texas Hold 'Em, and A, 3,5 comes up. You can kick yourself in hindsight because you didn't win every possible hand you could've won, or you can be happy you're not losing more money in the long run by making stupid bets.

It's just as likely that things will swing back next week and you might be kicking yourself for not buying at the bottom. Realistically, your only concern should be whether or not the trade you're considering right now will be profitable or not. Nothing stops you from buying more next week if it indeed drops more.
>>
>>1051054
THIS.

This is why you dollar cost average idiots.

Fuck the news, fuck the noise. Just buy consistently and often.
>>
File: 1432763154472-1.jpg (21KB, 169x255px) Image search: [Google]
1432763154472-1.jpg
21KB, 169x255px
>mfw Ethereum is a safe investment now
>>
File: fff.jpg (43KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
43KB, 699x637px
>>1050305
>Sell everything

You've got some short positions dont you?
>>
CODE RED CODE RED

SELL
ELLS
LLSE
LSEL

SELL EVERYTHING NOW, THEN SELL EVERYTHING AGAIN, THEN RUN TO THE HILLS AND SELL IT AS WELL

SELL
E
L
L
>>
>>1051057
Thank you, good sir. I've been responding to doom and gloom spreading trolls so long this morning that I was about to just leave the board in disgust. It's good to see that some people are actually informed on here and can take reasoned positions not made out of fear.

Thanks for restoring my faith in what has become my favorite 4chan board. I love to watch the shills and trolls fight here, but enough is enough for one morning.
>>
id rather go to zero and tell nobody than sell when im down -80% and admit it. doing this i will profit on the dopamine levels on my brain for not being a cuck leaving the sinking ship
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 851x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 851x475px
>>1050305
BUY HIGH

SELL LOW

DO NOT WAIT IT OUT
>>
File: 1356533440940.jpg (9KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1356533440940.jpg
9KB, 200x198px
>>1051195
>>1051110
>>1051057
>>1050438
>>1050313
>these are the guys who shill the value investing meme
>these are the guys who sperg out whenever they see the word trading, technical analysis and anything else disproving the value investing meme
>these are the guys giving advices on robinhood threads
>these are the guys who didn't accumulated shorts on oil and silver all the way down, in fact they bought the "bottom" at least 10 times before getting margin called
>these are the guys who got memed and put their savings in Vanguard recently

Gentlemen, you deserve all of this and more. Markets enjoy punishing retards and people who think memes are a legitimate investment technique and feel like they are Gordon Gekko just because they flipped the coin and got lucky a few times always get slaughtered.

Meanwhile, your liquidity is and has been much appreciated. I would have never managed to be up 76% on my margin account in the last two months by taking only a little risk without your precious liquidity.

Now repeat after me : value investing always works, it's impossible to beat the index, people who average 15% per month on margin accounts are frauds, indexes always go up, oil has reached the bottom, forex is a scam and whoever says otherwise is a cheater and a fraud.
Now take a deep breath and use your savings to buy the dip, just like the cool guy with the tie in the TV said
>>
>>1051224
>buy the dip

this is the real meme
>>
>>1051110
>I've been responding to doom and gloom spreading trolls so long this morning that I was about to just leave the board in disgust. It's good to see that some people are actually informed on here and can take reasoned positions not made out of fear.

This board is just shit. Just leave(as I am going to do after today).

It used to be ok ~1 year ago when overwhelming majority of people here simply dollar cost averaged into index funds/ETFs instead of retarded ethereum or timing the market or whatever /r9k/ suggests now.
>>
File: 1449410518030.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449410518030.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>1051230
Not necessarily. If you have analytical tools to estabilish the primary direction, you can fade the move on lower timeframes and get back on the main trend.
But if the main trend is compromised, buying the dip will just provide anybody who has an idea of what's happening liquidity to get out.

But go tell that to the average biz user who starts having seizures when he hears about active investing. Good thing a lot of people here are going to suck dicks for a living in a few days, hopefully this will keep them busy long enough to free this board and good riddance
>>
File: 1427153148728.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1427153148728.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>started saving monthly on index funds almost exactly a year ago
>investments down almost 10% now
>simply don't give a damn, will continue saving monthly during the dip and after it for decades to come

How did I do?
>>
>>1051224

>value investing meme

How is it a meme?
>>
>>1051292
Perfect. Enjoy your cushy retirement.
>>
>>1051008

We both know that shit isn't covered in econ 101
>>
>>1051008
i'm not buying or selling atm, i'm just hoarding cash
>>
>>1050305
>selling when low
/biz/ logic

next your gonna cry when the markets go back up and miss the massive gains
>>
DO I BUY GOLD FOR THE INOMING CRASH?
>>
>>1051391
I fucking hope you do, anon

I've been sitting on my precious metals for years watching the price fall and fall ;_;
>>
>>1051391
>falling for the shiny yellow metal that isnt really good for anything than some electronics -meme
>>
>>1051411

Primates love shiny things
>>
>>1051224
> being this autistic and wrong
lmao
Post your "+76%" faggot.

Also "shorting" oil is the single most retarded thing I've ever heard. You short individual companies you think are going down. If you think an entire industry is going into a downturn you invest in an inverse leveraged ETF and make MULTIPLES back on a downturn, e.g. 3x from $DWTI, while simultaneously protecting yourself from the literally infinite losses resulting from a bad short.

You're such an obvious /pol/ poster, coming here to post "happenings" so you can feel better about having bought intrinsically worthless metals like gold and silver.
>>
File: fig1.png (50KB, 1230x657px) Image search: [Google]
fig1.png
50KB, 1230x657px
>>1051321
Average joe has no clue on how to determine market value. And even if he does, markets are susceptible to mispricing. If the majority thinks a certain stock is going to crash, then the stock is going to crash and bring the underlying with it, no matter how valuable or how much potential it has.

Also volatility. Passive investing (especially index funds) can lead to scary, sudden drawdowns you have absolutely no control over. When actively investing you can manage volatility along the way, and even better with trading on margin if you know what you are doing.
Pic related, even two bullshit moving averages beat the index
>>1051601
Shut the fuck up fag,when seriously managing money there is no space for "thinking", just statistics and analysis, and then you make decisions. There is no "think", you have to be able to identify entries and exits on the markets you are trading, or if you really want to invest you use options.

Oh and btw i'm short gold, gonna add another position on the close
>>
I got a minimum wage job.
Just please don't tank the economy so I can maybe live off my scraps please
I'll work till i'm 50 and kill myself just please give me some respite please god
>>
I don't get Market.

So stocks are are at very low price right now. Why not buy a ton of stock?

If you own stock, why worry? Why not just wait until stock rise again, and then sell.
>>
>>1051622
This is what normal people actually do.
The people that worry and then sell when the market is down are very, very stupid people.

Anyone with a double digit IQ is still making money in the long run, and the best are even making money while the market is crashing.
>>
>>1051635
The best active traders short during these markets and make money on falling prices.
Passive investors just buy regardless and 'lose' money during downturns, but tend to make up for it in the long run, although with far reduced returns than (good) active investors.

Shit investors buy high and sell low. Case in point: most of /biz/.
>>
>savings is healthy enough to last me 10 months with no job and no unemployment
>current income will have me debt free by july
>IRA is way down but whatever
>have $150-200/month I could put into my roth

I think I will do it. Stocks are on sale. Assuming some board room execs 4 companies up the supply chain don't freak out and cancel orders my job should be safe.
>>
So what do you guys use to trade? A program?
Give me some example. I want to play it with demo money.
>>
>>1051615
Judging by the picture, you are attempting to prove, that the "Mac-system" beats SPY. Is the "Mac-system" some sort of ETF, that automatically longs and shorts stocks, whenever the technical indicators tell it to, or is it managed by an actual person. If it is managed by an actual person, then couldn't it mean, that the person is good at judging the "prevailing market emotions" and unwittingly follows the indicators, that confirm his current bias, which so happens to be correct more often than not, since to person is experienced at predicting/following market reactions? And if it is the computer automatically trading, then why don't people have the computer automatically do it without them participating at markets?
>>
>>1050305

> shorting market
> made 20%
> mfw wagecucks go MAH 401K
>>
I am not retiring for a long time. I am just going to keep pumping money in and now I get to buy cheap.
>>
I DON'T WANNA LOSE MY JOB
IF I LOSE MY JOB I WILL DIE
NO ONE LOVES ME
NO ONE WILL HELP ME
NO ONE WILL FEED ME
NO ONE WILL LET ME SLEEP ON THEIR PROPERTY
I WILL HAVE NOTHING
I'LL SPEND ALL MY MONEY AND KILL MYSELF
>>
>>1051639
Stocks are on sale until they are't. For 30 years. See Japan.

But what other choice do you have if you aren't already an accredited investor? That's right. None.

The only real choice is to dollar cost average all the way down and then all the way up.
>>
>>1051434
Muh primate
>>
>>1051720
Just a sample, easy crossover of two moving averages. That's it. No investment advice, just a proof of concept, an example
You're just throwing a bunch of mental gymnastics to justify how useless and damaging passive investing on index funds is. Indices are used as a benchmark, not as an investing tool.

And no biases, no other senseless idiocies you have been blabbering. Just mechanical, rule based systems. I'm sure you are familiar with Richard Dennis, just to make an example
>>
File: shemitah.jpg (204KB, 1600x784px) Image search: [Google]
shemitah.jpg
204KB, 1600x784px
u been tricked by the rabbi of shemitah xD
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.