[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have an idea for a toy >extremely simple concept >like,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1441752052122.jpg (18KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1441752052122.jpg
18KB, 298x298px
>have an idea for a toy
>extremely simple concept
>like, so simple, do i even need a patent?
>regardless, look up how to into patents
>blah blah blah minimum costs around 6k
>don't be surprised to get into the low 5 figures

I HAVE to get other people's money on this, which means splitting the profits...
>>
hehe ill give it to you for 45% goy
>>
Look up the book "patent pending in 24 hours." You're welcome.
>>
File: 1452968603212.jpg (44KB, 620x958px) Image search: [Google]
1452968603212.jpg
44KB, 620x958px
>>1050078
There's a few, which author?
>>
10% of something is better than 100% of nothing
>>
>>1050045
Toys are ridiculously expensive for a regular person to manufacture. I don't know how simple your idea really is but you're going to have loads of fun coordinating multiple partners who all resist working together. For instance, if it was a doll, you would have to fight at least 4 groups; the mooks making the body, the mooks making the clothes, the mooks doing accessories/detailing, and the mooks making the boxes.

But OP, if you can get investors and get your toy made now, do it. Do _not_ do something stupid like try to sell toys to fund your own. Although I guess it could be argued selling toys has made a compelling argument for why making one could've been a huge mistake...
>>
hi OP I actually just got hired on as head of shipping for a toy company this year. the company is based on the west coast of the USA. I will be going on a business trip to nyc next month with my boss and will have a good amount of time to talk with him. maybe we can talk about your idea? leave your email if you're interested.
>>
>>1050045

This was what Friedman was talking about when he was keep saying that

''Regulations damages innovation and financial growth''.

I hate regulations and government, the amount of job done by ten government workds can be done by 5 private sector workers at lower prices when you consider the fact that you will save a lot from time and efficiency.
>>
>>1050484

>patents damage innovation and growth

Kek, nice one.
>>
File: 541254.png (9KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
541254.png
9KB, 271x288px
>>1050489

>I said ''patents damage innovation and growth''

I meant to imply that the uncessary price for patents is what damages innovation and growth not the concept of patents
>>
>>1050524
That would result in a flood of defensive patents by individuals that produce nothing instead of the wall of defensive patents that companies have for products they actually produce.
>>
>>1050528

If you allow individuals to actually get their patent easier, it would lead to more dynamic class stucture.

A man who has the patent of a product he is selling production rights to will get much more better deal than a man who can't even get his patent for the thing he invented without assistance from companies.

>flood of defensive patents by individuals that produce nothing instead of the wall of defensive patents that companies have for products they actually produce

Maybe you are right, maybe the cost of actually managing the flood of patents and determining which one is legit will be more expensive than the current patent system.

Thanks for the reply anon!
>>
>>1050045
DOINK IT!!!!!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.