[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Majoring in music, emphasis in composition... how fucked am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Majoring in music, emphasis in composition... how fucked am I?
>>
>>1049024
exceptionally
>>
>>1049024
Sasha Grey
>>
>>1049024
Have you started taking classes yet? If so, do you feel like you're learning, and can apply your skills? That's really what's important for a music degree. Nobody will give you a job on your own, you have to have skills too.
>>
I mean, most people are going to look down upon you, but your following your passion (I'd hope so)... no one can say if you'll make it as a music creator but as long as your content with teaching if things don't go as planned, you'll always have a livable income.
>>
>>1049024
As much as I love money, music is one of the few pleasures that make my life worth living. If you think you'll enjoy playing, even when your broke, I say go for it and enjoy your life.
>>
>>1049024

If you're not freelancing already making tunes for music libraries and developers, then, yeah, you're going to be working in fast food for a very long time
>>
>>1049024
well, if you rise to the tippy toppy of your field you can make a mint.

otherwise yeah you should honestly fear for your life.
>>
Some things are more important in life than wealth.
Do what you enjoy I say. Good luck.
>>
>>1049024
Be youtuber.
>>
No visionary musician has actually attended music school. Hf working for McDonald's
>>
As I said in another thread, do you

Have free rent, and
receive money from your parents

If you have free rent and/or receive money from your parents, you can pretty much do whatever and be successful if you pay attention to what matters in your field and you're willing to go to where the work is. Just a heads up that 90% of being a musician is networking/sales. If you're not a social butterfly you probably won't make it. No one gets to be Glenn Gould anymore.
>>
Maybe, if it is not too late you can get a minor in "truck driving license"?
>>
>>1049024

Proper fucked Turkish
>>
Make sure one elective is "Theory of Filling out Unemployment Insurance forms".... answer to your question.

you're not fucked you just made the common mistake of studying something that is not in demand and is common.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.