[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it make any sense to own a home these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ayy.png (102KB, 468x370px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
102KB, 468x370px
Does it make any sense to own a home these days?
>>
>>1048769
let me rephrase that, does it make sense to owe hundreds of thousands to the bank for "owning a home"?
>>
Does it make sense that the world fits perfectly in a one size fits all answer to your question?

Whether owning a home is financially wise or not depends on multiple things, all of which has been rehashed on /biz over and over again. Some of them including location, rental prices, mortgage rates, age, employment prospects, etc
>>
File: 1396747814701.jpg (550KB, 1739x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1396747814701.jpg
550KB, 1739x1446px
Currently my point of view is no, I'd rather take my 20% down-payment and put it into riskier investments... I guess this will change as I get older but I don't see a problem with renting a top-tier town-home for $900 where everything is taken care of for me so I can focus on growing my investments.

Hopefully by the time I desire a home I'll be able to buy one with cash, in full
>>
>>1048777
thanks for your non answer. im sure there is a general attitude that people have when it comes to home ownership
>>
It's impossible to own a home.

Either the bank owns it or state owns it
>>
>>1048809
House prices never go down. Interest rates never go up. All properties for sale are priced appropriately. There is no risk in a mortgage.

Happy now?
>>
>>1048785
Where can you rent a top tier home for $900?
>>
>>1048785
>20% down
Pleb. Get a lower down payment then.
>>
Minus your rent off your profits and see how you went. Gotta live somewhere
>>
>>1048769
>>1048771
Depends what you want out of life

The "best" thing to do is live way below your means (with family if possible) while working very hard, and then buying a house flat out or paying off your mortgage quickly.

If you gave minimum down payment and pay the minimum amount to your mortgage each month then you're stupid and won't go anywhere in life. That being said, the minimum payment on a mortgage is usually cheaper than renting.

Just try to have a high net worth and your life will be nice.
>>
>>1048769
(assuming the housing market remains stable and the value of the home only increases at the inflation rate)

In the long term it is better to own a home, one day you will pay off the mortgage and essentially be living rent free. I dont know how this could perceived as a bad option
>>
>>1048883
also worth noting is the value of your home will likely increase faster than the inflation rate so it acts as an investment as well.
>>
>>1048832
Some backwater fuckhole no one cares about
>>
File: ISly8w8ggnhw040000000000.jpg (70KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ISly8w8ggnhw040000000000.jpg
70KB, 600x450px
>>1048832
Town-home, not an actual house
>>1048910
Boise Idaho ain't that bad
>>
>>1048930

ive been thinking about boise or salt lake city. i am sick of the cost of living and the obnoxious minorities on the east coast
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.