[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /Biz/. How do you motivate yourself everyday? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Hey /Biz/. How do you motivate yourself everyday?

I'm 18 years old working for my parents, and eventually in the next decade or so I'm going to take over their company. Now the problem is, it's in a trade which I have no interest in. I have a sharp mind, I was brought up with less than most of my friends, was taught to work hard, and yet I'm lacking that desire to pursue this business which in turn will provide me pools of money.

Help pls, I don't wanna be some normie fag being the manager of a local Best Buy
>>
>>1048746
get out and see shit. try out different jobs just to experience them. You're 18 dude, the most fun you could be having is bussing tables at a resturaunt and flirting with the hostesses/waitresses.
>>
>>1048746
See a shrink

>So anon, what's your problem?
>I can't focus or motivate myself to do anything
>It's definitely ADHD, I'll prescribe you some adderall
>B-but doctor I know I don't have AD...
>Fuck you just take the pills
>take pills
>company becomes multinational conglomerate/drug ring within a year

You can thank me later
>>
>>1048810
cocaine is not good for you
>>
>>1048746
hate what you are enough to become something you are not
>>
>>1048746
What do you want to do OP? If it's "I don't know" then you might as well take over your parent's business. If you have something specific in mind, then give it a shot. Go to school or get an entry level job in the industry. You'll always have your parents business to fall back on.
>>
Having a full time job sucks and you most likely just cant deal with it yet.

Now, every goy will now say something like: "You just need a job thats fun xDDD"

The truth is, even if your job was to fuck hot women from 9 to 5 5 days a week, you will eventually get bored by it and would prefer to do something else at times.

Just sit it out or have a kid, thats enough motivation.
>>
>>1048746
Find something you really enjoy doing non work related. Traveling, snow boarding, fucking underage Asian whores.
Suddenly it's not a job, it's a means to an end. The more you earn the more you'll want to earn.
>>
>>1048746

The way that you motivate yourself is by doing. You've heard it many times before and it won't change. Stop being fucking lazy, sit down, set some goals, and work your way to completing each one. Posting this trash on 4chan tells me that you're not even thinking about putting in the effort in truly trying. You're just fishing for excuses that you can make to stop you from reaching your goals. Desire? Desire is just a word made up by marketers to sell nylons to people.

Understand the world is indifferent of your struggles, to get yourself in the perfect position in life you have to place yourself in situations that you don't want to be in, and that by doing the things you need to do, but don't want to do, will encourage you to want to do more of it.

Think of every worthwhile skill in life as having a steep learning curve. So overcoming that first hill is 90% of the battle. After a while, you'll start thinking about reaching the end goal and not worrying about what you have to go though to get there.

There is no secret. The only thing that's keeping you back in life is your unwillingness to take the time out of your day to do what you need to do to become more successful in life, and the lie that you're using to perpetuate this endless circle of self-doubt that you have.

Don't get caught up in the "I want to do what makes me happy" bullshit unless you're already a multimillionaire trust fund baby. Think logically about your next step in life, where it could possibly take you, and all of the pit-falls it brings with it.

If I was in your place, I'd start sucking it up and learning all of the intricacies to growing a business. Your family has built something that generates money for you and they're expecting you to take it over and do something with it that they never could.

Spend a few years learning how to grow a company, grow the company, and then sell it for a profit, and then "do what you love."
>>
>>1048746
revenge
>>
>>1048940
This desu
>>
>>1048893
yea that might be the case. I want to get started in life, but at the same time man I'm 18 I don't want to be working full time yet. makes me sound lazy tho. >>1048940
thanks anon
>>
>>1048940
based anon, needed this
after all the uncertainty about the future
>>
File: fuck people, not yourself.jpg (694KB, 1280x2004px) Image search: [Google]
fuck people, not yourself.jpg
694KB, 1280x2004px
>>1048746
Hate
I get by with Hate
>>
If I don't get up and take a shower I'll get greasy and I hate feeling greasy.

Though I have no job, just a degree, haven't really been looking either. Around here I don't think there's going to be much in the way of interesting work anyway.
>>
>all the men in my household have been working consistently minus vacations/education since they were 16
>not counting all the housework/chores
>OP whining

nigga step it up. I dont have to work either but shit it is damn satisfying to mow my own lawn, edge it, then use a blower to get the scraps off. I could easily pay an amigo 20$ to do it and play vidya.

you are just afraid to step outside your comfort zone. Go to school (uni or trades) or get a job now and start disciplining yourself early. Or join the military.

What the fuck else do you wanna do?
>>
Puss.
>>
>>1048746
>How do you motivate yourself everyday?
Oldfag here. I'm turning 40 in exactly one month. What motivates me is to make up for my old mistakes. To simplify it, to get even with the universe.

21 years ago I had a cance to get a computer of my own. Computers was a big deal back then. And it wasn't PC vs Mac. It was Atari vs Amiga. During the summer of '95 I worked as a cashier in a grocery store. Still living cheap with my parents. Didn't demand any rent from me.

What I should have done with the computer I never got was strict book keeping. Some nice program complete with cash flow charts and everyting. I didn't do that. And now I'm here with Money Plus. Better late than never.

>I'm 18 years old working for my parents, and eventually in the next decade or so I'm going to take over their company. Now the problem is, it's in a trade which I have no interest in. I have a sharp mind, I was brought up with less than most of my friends, was taught to work hard, and yet I'm lacking that desire to pursue this business which in turn will provide me pools of money.
Seems pretty cool! What kind of business is it? Where do you live? Urban/suburban/rural/wilderness?
>>
>>1049212
What's the this from?
>>
>>1048746
This image spurred me to look at botfly removal videos for 10 minutes.

Thanks, OP.
>>
>>1048810
>adderall

Shrinks won't prescribe that shit, it is literal narcotics.

How the fuck do you get a prescription.
>>
>>1048940
> set some goals,

honestly I don't know what goals to set.

I fell with my ass in the butter. I'm 23y old, I have plenty of money, a very nice car, a good job in corporate banking (where my bosses & colleagues think I do a great job) and I play videogames and I lift as hobbies.

Only thing I suck at is that I come over very insecure, boring and have shitty social capabilities.

Don't really know what goals to set tbqh.
>>
>>1049580
underage detected
>>1049626
helpful man. that's sure gonna motivate me!
>>1051429
this tbqh.
>>
>>1048800
this has some weight to it. personally i hated the food industry, but slamming coworkers was the shit. one bitch cheated on her boyfriend with me and one was 23 when i was 17 and fucked in infront of this awkward chick who really liked me and these two other fat chicks.
>>
>>1048800
Im 18 i work for state farm and am on track to making 50k this year dont listen to this guy op being 18 only holds you back if you let it
>>
>>1052287
How did you get the job?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.