[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw someone with strong social skills will get farther in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1453141735582.jpg (59KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1453141735582.jpg
59KB, 453x604px
>tfw someone with strong social skills will get farther in life than someone with strong technical skills

How do my fellow /biz/autists cope with this feel?
>>
>>1048112

wow /biz/ is really dead around here.

Easy, Trust.
>>
>>1048112
I cope with this feel by learning social skills and working on them actively, as any intelligent, future successful person would do.

Seriously what kind of answer do you expect? "Give up and hang myself"?
>>
>>1048112
I keep trying to find ways to make more money without being a dopey talker hooked on Game of Thrones or locker into q golfing schedule.
>>
>>1048308
Locked into a golf schedule I mean. Jesus Christ, what is it about golf? How can you do that every other day and not get bored to death and feel like you're wasting time?
>>
>>1048312
Golf is all about drinking during work hours on someone else's dime. How can you hate this..?
>>
>>1048312
Golf is about drinking, socializing, being competitive within a strict framework of rules, and striving to improve yourself

Very compatible with the life philosophies of most successful people
>>
Dumb women bore me, and I have enough incentive to enjoy the freedom of bachelor life that I can afford to let smart women come to me whenever they're ready

>tfw it hasn't happened yet
>>
File: 1451959450965.jpg (445KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1451959450965.jpg
445KB, 499x499px
>>1048112
>mfw supposedly smart people can't learn the rules of social interaction.

There are literal books with all the rules written down. You can't be that smart if you can't even follow directions.
>>
>>1048112
>someone with strong social skills will get farther in life than someone with strong technical skills

Depends on the line of work. I used to think this in college. I could be autistic, personally. Although, I've never been diagnosed with anything. I pretty much had zero friends throughout highschool in college. In college I tried creating a facebook once but could only get 20 friends. I deleted it after 6 months because I heard people in the dorm room making fun of me for it. I get terrified in social environments. People mainly ignore me, and are not interested in me at all. I don't think I'm rude or repulsing in anyway, I'm just extremely uninteresting for some reason. I also am 5'7'' and weighed around 200lbs throughout college and wasn't very attractive, although now I've lost weight and weight around 150lbs. People still mainly ignore me. I used to think I'd just have to kill myself after graduating college because I'd never be able to get a job. But I've been working for 4 years now and have been pretty successful as a programmer relative to most people I know that I graduated with. I guess its because of my talent, or it could be just blind luck after a lifetime of unfortunate events. In any event a lot of people I envied in college, who were popular, had a girlfriend or could get women to sleep with them, people I was kept up awake at night by thinking about I mush I wished I could just be normal like them, haven't done as well. They're working crappy jobs or still looking for a job in their field while they work hourly. They constantly complain about money, or doing bad at work. People at work trust me and know I can get things done, I do them right, and they don't expect me to socialize. They're also mostly ages 30-50 and are less intimidating to me than my peers. They aren't cliquey at, and don't make fun of me or play tricks on me .its a lot different than I thought. I don't fear going to work like I used to having to go to class.
>>
>>1048112
invest the extra money since
>tfw no gf
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 218x265px
>>1048464
>women come to me
>>
>>1048112

Quit crying bitch nigga.

Step up.
>>
>>1048112

SAUCE PLEASE
>>
>>1048448
>socializing and drinking
>improving yourself
Oh boy, nasty tasting liquids _and_ boring ass people whose only hobby is hitting a ball into the same 18 holes every other day...
>>
File: 8.jpg (78KB, 350x467px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
78KB, 350x467px
>>1048643
>nasty tasting liquids
>>
File: hqn1MY.jpg (66KB, 480x553px) Image search: [Google]
hqn1MY.jpg
66KB, 480x553px
>>1048643

cause being all alone and hitting the same 8 buttons over and over on your video game controller day after day is so superior to being outside and socializing for a round of golf.
>>
It's a moot point because I have neither.
>>
I got strong social skills. GF, loads of friends much hobbies.

But I got terrible math grades, cuz too autistic to care about school. Still finishing pretty good, never did much. I'm bored out of my mind, there are about 80% girls on my school. Working is just much more my thing.

Obviously I don't find a job now.
>too autistic to realize the importance of a good school degree
>nobody gives a shit about your talents if you failed math

What do now? I'm thinking studying law or teacher training. Would be happy to get a education as a banker, because the only thing that keeps me entertained is business.
>>
>>1048112

but how does this not make sense to you?

humans are fundamentaly social animals and all the 'technical' stuff is just a development of ways to make a sharp stick or find use for a rock

we could have never developed any technology, never invented fire, but basic patterns of social interactions would be more or less the same

now its all based on biologicaly inherent bullshit, its all silly, absurd and arbitrary as are all things in the meaningles fuckfest we call ''nature'', but the reason people have problems with it is even more retarded, its just fear and shame, making people neurotic and inhibited

that too is understandable but its realy childish

best part is other humans dont give 5% of a fuck about anothers inhibition and shame, the massive paralizing importance one places on it is just a internal burden that one refuses to let go, like its some cross to bare
>>
>>1048908

>terrible math grades
>autistic

pick one, fuckface. if you've got strong social skills you are also immediately disqualified for the autism spectrometer-lympics.
>>
>>1048112
Drinking bleach right now

>Mfw 190 point iq
>Mfw good social skills
>Mfw can read and speak grorious nippon
>Mfw no real education
>Mfw anxiety makes shit hard and depression makes shit not feel worth it

Comfort me /biz/
>Mfw
>>
>>1048918
mfw no job*

forgot the most important one
>>
>>1048471

This guy. Is going places.

Nothing wrong with being an introvert.
>>
>>1048916
The increasing number of rejections made me start to feel like a retard. I don't think I understand what this world expects from me, the autism is rising.
>>
>>1048925
>autism

Nah, you are just dumb. Get into sales.
>>
>>1048482
you jealous of good looking people bro? dont even have to be good looking t'bh bro, some of us just have a vibe that attracts pussy. sorry not sorry youre a busta
>>
>>1048471
Are you Indian by any chance
>>
you start a private blog network and make enough money to never leave your house
>>
>>1048112
More of her?
>>
>>1048643
>this is what poor autistic people tell themselves
>>
>>1048471
I never had it that bad. But I've always been a strong loner and uncomfortable being social. My experience going into programming is very similar.

I try to chat from time to time but no one expects it and people respect a guy who can do his job well and have answers for them. This type of job rewards head down focus and keeping to yourself 90% of the time. I feel a lot more satisfied working than I ever did in school.
>>
File: 1453141612537.jpg (42KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1453141612537.jpg
42KB, 453x604px
>>1048471
>>1049217
Yeah, but you'll never become the lead programmer or whatever.

I guess it depends on your goals.
>>
>>1049322
You're right it does require assertiveness and a bit of charm (or whatever you want to call it) in order to get into a leadership role. For me the confidence comes along with knowing the system and tools so I find it pretty easy to get out of my shell when working on a project.

I guess my point is that you can be much more reserved and introverted than say a sales manager
>>
>>1049322

Eh, I'm a shy introvert with no social skills, and through my life people have always tried to make me a leader for some reason.

> no leadership ability
> no desire to lead
> don't give a fuck about shit and always speak my mind
>>
strong social skills > Technical skills

however you need both to be the most successful that you can be.
>>
>>1048880
ITT: Stop liking things I don't like!
>>
>>1049155
Next time, on Game of Thrones...
>>
>>1048880
10 buttons.
>>
>>1048112
Social technique a la Mystery Method
>>
Sounds like memeshit. Just look breeding worthy during the interview.
>>
>>1050555

>listening to these guys
>>
>>1048880

Yeah, it is.
>>
You will eventually build strong social skills if your job demands it. You're not really autistic if you post on this site.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.