[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there is "no STEM shortage" as all the smart ne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: spacex.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spacex.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
If there is "no STEM shortage" as all the smart neckbeards on /biz/ here like to claim, then why does SpaceX have over 300 job openings?
http://www.spacex.com/careers/list
>>
>>1048066
i didn't even know spacex had 300 people
>>
>>1048066
>cooks
>security
>accounts payable
>sales
Lel
Also
>they have job postings, that must mean they are hiring! definitely not building a database of resumes while telling govt they need more h1b permits
>>
>>1048086
/thread
>>
File: 1450669283794.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450669283794.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>1048086
Why would they need a database of resumes when only connections can land you a job at SpaceX?
>>
>>1048066
Because employers have absurd expecations vis-a-vis output of the educational system and are unwilling to spend money on their employees.
>>
>>1048086
Look again Mr Autist.

Mostly engineering, IT, materials science, aerodynamics and physics related job openings.
>>
>>1048092
>unwilling to spend money on their employees.
I needed that laugh.
>>
>>1048078
It has over 3000+ employees, retard
>>
>>1048089
I doubt SpaceX cares about connections as much as say, Goldman. But if your standards are unrealistic then you need 10,000 applications to find the perfect candidate.

If the perfect candidate shows up, great. If not, whine to the government that there is a shortage of talent and you need H1Bs at half the salary to function.
>>
>>1048066
>http://www.spacex.com/careers/list
>To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen,
fug
>>
>>1048066
government dosh you retard
>>
>>1048101
>>1048103
Read what I just found. This isn't an HB1 job. I'm in Canada myself desu, Software Engineering for rockets is incredible. Too bad I'm mostly a Java guy too, and they want hardcore C++ (I don't think my Unreal 4 experiments will cut it).
>>
>>1048100
wow that's a lot
what do they all do? don't you need like an accountant, a couple of guys to draw up the rocket, and two dozen or so construction workers to build it?
>>
>>1048110
>I don't think my Unreal 4 experiments will cut it

They might. Don't give up without trying
>>
>>1048110
Java and C++ have basically the same syntax, why not at least apply?
>>
>>1048111
>a couple of guys to draw up the rocket, and two dozen or so construction workers to build it

Sure.

If it's 4 feet tall and powered by a mix of vinegar and baking soda.
>>
>>1048066
They have high turnover due to the extreme demands of the jobs. They are also opening up locations in Seattle (satellites) and Brownsville, Texas (spaceport).
>>
>>1048507
i think you mean java and C#
>>
>>1048066
>why does SpaceX have over 300 job openings?

There were plenty of job openings for web designers in 1999.

Twenty years ago Tower Records was hiring lots of sales people.

An opening now does not mean a career decades from now.
>>
>>1048086
He's cherrypicking again
>>
>>1048596
No, Java and C++ are also close.

But it doesn't matter, HR can't figure out that programming skills actually transfer from language to language.
>>
>>1048110
They also want us citizenship I believe
>>
If there was a STEM shortage, it would have been 20 years ago as the internet and computers became more accessible to the general population.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.