[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna get 1st job soon - HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: biz_roastie.jpg (263KB, 1536x1118px) Image search: [Google]
biz_roastie.jpg
263KB, 1536x1118px
Ex-NEET here. Industrial Engineering degree, 29 years old. Average-looking, p. smart but LAZY AS ALL HELL..., social skills seems to range from Hollywood celebrity to Columbine shooter; i.e.: people either love me or want to kill me.

Gonna get a job at EY as a consultant soon. The pay is average.

What's some definite pointers I should keep in mind for the first few days? Particularly given that I'm gonna be older than the rest of the other kids around (I do look like a 23-year old, though). Don't ask why it took so long to get a job - it just did.

General rules about co-wokers?
Should I keep to myself at first, or start making friends right away?
Rules of dating at the office?
Immediately make friends with...?
Certain codes to *strictly* adhere to?
Quickest way to getting a promotion/raise/etc?

Help a fellow anon out make his way to glory
>>
>>1047845
1) work comes first. If they want to chat, fine, but remember that they will throw you under the bus at the first sign of trouble. Dont expect to receive or give favors for/from people that screw up.

2) Start making friends. Most college students could do your job and your boss knows it. Career longevity comes from removing as many reasons to fire you as possible. Offer to help with projects etc so you learn more quickly too.

3) Dont date at the office. Remember: remove all reasons for them to fire you. Shitty workplace relationship drama is a reason to fire you.

4) Ideally, your manager, your manager's manager, and whoever assigns workloads (often your manager but not always).

5) Dresscode. The obvious parts of codes of conduct. Rule #1 is dont get fired.

6) Be reliable. If your manager is looking for you, they should know where you are by checking your calendar and your desk, at most. If you aren't at your desk, where you are is on your calendar or messenger app. Period.

Complete assignments before their deadline and keep your manager updated on your progress, especially if there are delays. It is better to say "this wont be ready on time, here's why" a week before the deadline than the night before the deadline. If shit isn't getting done and it isn't your fault, CC your manager on all relevant emails. You'll learn quickly who the problem clients are. Same goes for communication with HR and the other bureaucratic depts.

If you're doing those things, your manager will see you as a known quantity. So ask for a promotion or raise once you think you've earned one.

If you're not getting raises, apply to other companies. Get an offer, then ask your manager one more time for a raise (dont mention that you interviewed or got an offer). If they say no, put in your notice, take the outside offer and walk.
>>
>>1047845
>Industrial Engineering degree
kek what's with the biggest retards always going into this shit. case in point: OP.
>>
>General rules about co-wokers?
be courteous to all
>Should I keep to myself at first, or start making friends right away?
don't keep to yourself, but that doesn't mean you have to make friends right away, just be friendly
>Rules of dating at the office?
stay away from this, unless he/she is legitimately a great person and you could see yourself marrying them
>Immediately make friends with...?
I don't think you have to immediately make friends with anyone, just be a person everyone wants to work with
>Certain codes to *strictly* adhere to?
Don't be a loud mouthed cunt who no one wants to work with
>Quickest way to getting a promotion/raise/etc?
Do good work, take on work where you can, after 6-12 months if you are confident bring this up to a superior, unless you have scheduled raises, I don't think the company is going to go out of its way to give you more money, so you have to begin the conversation

Help a fellow anon out make his way to glory
>>
>>1047845
>smart but LAZY AS ALL HELL
Let that meme die. You idiot.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.