[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've decided to attempt to get my forklift license.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: caterpillar-forklifts_03.jpg (70KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
caterpillar-forklifts_03.jpg
70KB, 500x300px
So, I've decided to attempt to get my forklift license. Anyone here do this as a profession? What should I expect? I've pawned most of my possessions to make this happen. I'm tired of living off 290$ a month.
>>
File: 1452713190166.png (153KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1452713190166.png
153KB, 351x351px
>>1047411
Also, general skilled trades thread.
>>
I have one, and here in Europe, they first let you do a theory test (which is fairly easy, I got it without learning anything), then they let you ride around in a forklift and let you do general tasks. It takes about a day and costs 150 euros here
>>
File: tumblr_mfjcv9qCZM1r0avu0o1_1280.jpg (258KB, 1057x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfjcv9qCZM1r0avu0o1_1280.jpg
258KB, 1057x800px
>>1047422
Nice. I'm a little intimidated by machinery, cause well , I've had lots of injuries. Do you enjoy doing it ? What is your pay like?
>>
>>1047425

I haven't found a job in it yet. The market has gone totally tits up where I live. It is enjoyable though.

Just keep everything in that cage you're sitting in and don't put your arm in the front thing. My instructor told me that people do that more often than you think and have had their fucking hand chopped off. You should also test the hydraulic pumps to see if they don't have cracks in them, otherwise you might risk them cracking and literally blasting your face off

Hydraulics, man. They ain't no joke
>>
>>1047433
>I haven't found a job in it yet. The market has gone totally tits up where I live. It is enjoyable though.

Yeah where I live we had 10% unemployment rate, in a city of 218,000.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

Yeah I knew this guy who got his spine crushed by some retard contractor who used a lift he wasn't allowed to use. The guy spend a year in the hospital and his spine is riddled with metal plates. He got like 3 million CAD for it tho lol.
>>
>>1047411
>>1047447
Oh you in Canada senpai?

I'm guessing Windsor by the unemployment.

Isn't there no forklift license? I googled this shit and supposedly it's not even license it's just a cashgrab "certification"...
>>
>>1047433
http://youtu.be/ZjtFxsPcrhI
>>
File: asuka.jpg (78KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.jpg
78KB, 550x550px
>>1047449
Yeah Windsor desu

I was worried about the 'cash grab' thing, so I'm kinda at a loss of how to get certified and then get hired somewhere.

I've been unemployed for 3 years. And people use to talk all this shit to me (Brits mostly) about how ITS SO EASY and link me to those websites. And I'm like ITS A FUCKING SCAM you dolt. And they don't get it. ""how could it possibly be a scam?"".
>>
>>1047450
lol
>>
>>1047454
>I was worried about the 'cash grab' thing, so I'm kinda at a loss of how to get certified and then get hired somewhere.

Tbh I'd just apply everywhere you can. I haven't been employed for a while because of some problems but I'm looking now and I think if you apply to 100+ places you should get at least a few interviews.

>I've been unemployed for 3 years. And people use to talk all this shit to me (Brits mostly) about how ITS SO EASY and link me to those websites. And I'm like ITS A FUCKING SCAM you dolt. And they don't get it. ""how could it possibly be a scam?"".

Tbh not sure if it's a scam. I just said my first impression seems like it's a bit of a cashgrab. Looking at some job listings it seems pretty easy to get a job although they seem to want some experience so you don't fuck up and kill yourself. One of those certifications/training seems pretty useful if you want to do that then.
>>
>>1047449
by the way.... in december they said it was 10%

Last week they put out a release in the paper its down to 9.75%!!!!!!! OMGZ. As if that's any better.
>>
>>1047457
>Tbh not sure if it's a scam.

Look at it this way: a soldier doesn't benefit from a peaceful society, a doctor doesn't benefit from a healthy society, and a job center doesn't benefit from a fully employed society
>>
>>1047617
truth
>>
>>1047411
Clutch/brake. I never use normal brake
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.