[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poor, unsuccessful, lazy, annoying parents hate thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Poor, unsuccessful, lazy, annoying parents hate thread?
>>
File: man with gun to his head.jpg (112KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
man with gun to his head.jpg
112KB, 1300x866px
>>1046836
>Anon investing is very risky and you need a lot of money to begin! Don't bother!
>Anon ____ matches your interests, do that as a profession instead!
>Why don't you go to community college? It's a guaranteed job and it's way cheaper than a 4 year school's tuition!
>Business is too risky why don't you just get a boring $60k/yr 9-5 like us?
>Anon we were right about one thing so you need to listen to us about everything because it makes sense and we're your parents
>Anon. Sales is not a real job. People are too unpredictable and it's impossible to make a consistent living with sales!
>Constant complaining in general
>Anon. We've read ____, you should follow it.

>You read some studies on the internet? That's a bunch of bullcrap! Anyone could've written and submitted studies onto pubmed, why don't you listen to us we read some clickbait post on facebook
>>
> be parents
> earn combined $90,000 p.a
> spend 20 years paying interest only on property
> sell it for $750,000 have to give the bank $400,000
> Markets bottom out after GFC
> "choose me a stock investment anon"
> Do research and choose a few stocks,,they never act on it
> blow $350,000 in 6 years from smoking, 1 person working etc
> Be Financial Planner now
> anon can you help us?

Still going to help them retire but this shits me to no end and it's almost too late for them.
>>
>>1046849
What were they right about?
>>
>>1046860
Just some shit from childhood which they weren't even technically right about, I just agreed because fuck arguing with them.

Dad literally unironically said "It's completely logical that if we were right about one thing maybe you should listen to us for everything else" and he says this when I bring up facts and logical arguments against something he says.

Pretty annoying desu.

>"Anon we're not forcing you to do anything ,we don't want you to one day accuse us of coercing you into anything"
then
>Gets mad if I say I don't want to do something/have other opinion on something

smfh.
>>
File: violent pepe.jpg (4KB, 252x161px) Image search: [Google]
violent pepe.jpg
4KB, 252x161px
>>1046860
>>1046870
ALSO MY FAVORITE:

>Mom: "Anon can you teach us about investing and what stocks mean and all that stuff?"
Literally a few hours later
>Mom: "Anon did you know that the economy is in terrible shape and you shouldn't be studying Finance because no one needs any of that when the market is ruined? Watch some news sometime!"

I-i...i....
>>
I followed my parents bad advice way too many times.

They fund my studies, which is cool. But a condition was that I chose the shortest path to my master degree. So after negotiating I decided to leave some subjects out. It reduces my career perspectives, but if I put down enough money I can always follow those courses at a later date I guess.
>get my degree
>dad says he finds it very disappointing I didn't follow those extra courses
>say it was his idea
>he denies it
You motherfucker. Now I have to pay like 20k to get those extra subjects, while I could've done them for 2k before.
>>
>>1046881
To clarify. Here everyone gets to study for a reduced fee until they get any degree.
>>
>>1046836
My parents are the polar opposite of lazy and unsuccessful, but they do give bad advice sometimes.
>don't know what you want to major in anon? Just do Liberal Arts, you can take a bunch of different classes and you're bound to like one of them.
2 years down the drain
>>
>>1046899
This.

>Tfw parents work really hard but not smart
>Tfw terrible advice all around

I mean I appreciate what they've done and all but some of their advice and how they act is just ridiculous...
>>
>>1046899
Same with my parents and the inlaws.
>>
>>1046836
Having trouble. Was told to go to school anyway and wasn't ready. Still had trouble, not interested, had to do a lot of the same subjects for credit. 4 years wasted. FML.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.