[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small biz general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (605KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
605KB, 640x1136px
Sup biz,

I'm tired of the sand forex and robinhood beatoff threads. Let's get a small-biz thread.

I own a coffee/tea/lemonade company in a major metropolitan area. We do the majority of our sales with making dispenser liquid for restaurants, although we now have a line of bottled products that we hope has much more growth potential.

My business is 3 years old since filing, I paid myself $36,000 in 2015.

Any questions that aren't too identifying id love to answer for any people who want to start a food related business. I'd be really interested to see biz users in here from other industries.
>>
I've been wanting to try putting together a soda kiosk at the mall that sells unique custom flavors. I would have one of those carbonation machines and a bunch of syrups to create the sodas with some glasses from alibaba to hold them. My girlfriend is on a ketogenic diet so she cant have sugar, id like to offer several sugar free versions to appeal to niche crowds as well. I would probably have a few Ice creams as well, vanilla in particular to make floats with the sodas.

How viable would a kiosk like this be to turn a profit? Should i sell other food products? Could I bottle the stuff at home with a funnel or are there stricter guidelines to handling to be allowed to sell it? Any input would be great. Ive been wanting to get a kiosk for some time but the price per month is pretty high if its a flop.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
I own a gaming console customization start-up!
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>1046223
Well..
Most sodas are dirt fucking cheap. So if it's anything that is hard to find. You could of course sell it for more then your average Coke. I think it sounds pretty awesome if you can get some cool maybe foriegn sodas.
>>
>>1046223
You can never go wrong with fries to sell with them. Fries and milkshakes/floats is pure childhood delight to most people.
>>
>>1046209
Are you in Austin?
>>
>>1046223
>>1046223
Op here: This is a cool idea, in theory your profit margin will always be good if you can find a kiosk that gives you a good rate since the margin on cups of soda is always fat. The problem comes from any hidden costs. With renting your own kiosk your gonna cover rent plus health/liability/utilities but you could save on a lot of that by going to a B2B model where you sell to food producers if you already have a system that is cool.

I tried a long time ago to get custom syrup bags made, it's extraordinarily expensive. I can see this working but you would need to find companies that have interesting flavors already bagged.

A cheaper option would be if you wanted to make the soda yourself you could do it in old style corny kegs and have a kegerator, it would be gimmicky and lower volume but margins would still be good.

A lot of my revenue comes from convincing food businesses to replace their soda machines with my dispensers. The good thing is people want healthier and more unique products, the bad thing is you will never give these restaurants/kiosks a better margin than a conventional soda machine/anything they make in house. Your going to have to sell it to them on a marketing presence (ability to drive customers to their location based on your cool ass soda alone), and convenience (you service the lines, you do the leg work on delivery/creating the products), and fast turnaround (quick delivery, quick response to orders, quick customer service).

Unless your state has very liberal cottage food laws you can't bottle at home, your gonna need to get a facility and health permits and a Servsafe cert and a retail food/vending license. Nothing illegal about trial running your product as a free sample to friends and family though if you think it's an idea that will taste good.
>>
>>1046227
Cool, what's the market like? I'm not a big gamer but customization niche markets for hobbyists are really interesting to me, customers are always really passionate about what they are buying.

>>1046267
No, but a similarily hippy-dippy earthy crunchy town and I do business with whole foods which makes me an Austin fan boy.
>>
>>1046298
It's great, the best part is designing them. You can pretty much cover any console with whatever design we want, Star Wars, fallout, the Yankees. Anything. Plus controllers, and other accessories. To fully take over the market. "Which is the goal" would be mad money. The plan is to try and make it a bit more "for anybody."
>>
>>1046292
Someone needs to come do this in Colorado. Everyone here is a health nut but ALL the restaraunts offer either Coca Cola or Pepsi. I recently went to Austin and there were dozens of home-grown soda companies running fountains.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.