[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apps?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Apps.jpg (56KB, 980x487px) Image search: [Google]
Apps.jpg
56KB, 980x487px
Is there still decent money to be made in writing apps? Anyone here done so?

I've been writing software for a decade or so now, and I'm curious if doing this on the side has viable returns, or if it's just pissing into the wind at this point.
>>
>>1045700
There never was decent money to be made. Nothing has changed: if you happen to have the 1 in 10000 app that actually attracts an audience then you could be rolling in dough. Otherwise you pretty much threw your time/money out the window.
>>
File: animated_weather_widgets_1x.jpg (103KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
animated_weather_widgets_1x.jpg
103KB, 400x300px
>>1045700
If you are interested in creating small/simple apps or games and you need support in UI/UX let me know. I also have a few ideas. I think it is difficult to create outstanding apps these days because the market is full. But what could work is making apps which are very intuitive, beautiful and simple.
>>
>>1045738
>But what could work is making apps which are very intuitive, beautiful and simple.
That ship has sailed. What could work is making apps that work.
>>
>>1045744
They need to be simple and intuitive to work. Wonderlist is an good example. The app used to be very easy to use and people loved it. Now it is filled with useless functions and it lost tons of users.
>>
No-one does real work on an appy OS since the UI meme-guzzling app designers try to make function follow their 'beautiful, simple, intuitive' form and end up making shallow crap unsuitable for productive work in most instances.
>>
File: shot.png (241KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shot.png
241KB, 800x600px
>>1045757
I never said something else. Form always has to follow the function. But that does not mean you can fill the app with tons of features because then no one is going to use it.
Those UI designers you are talking about are very unprofessional - same as most programmers who publish their own "designed" apps. The appstore consists of 99% crap, so imo there is still potential left.
>>
>>1045700

Open market apps (developing something and selling it yourself) is risky and may not generate profits.

There are however many businesses and organisations that require custom apps and mobile solutions for their business activities. Getting such a contract is more a more stable way of generating income and growing a business.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.