[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

So I recently found out that my transaction history online for my payments with Bank of America do not last forever, not only that, but they barely last over a year.

This is pathetic and makes me want to switch banks immediately.
Yes, I should have backed up my payment history myself but I thought this would be available until I closed the account.
For $12 a month in maintenance, you'd expect them to keep the logs available for the life of the account. We're not talking gigabytes here, we're talking mega or maybe even kilobytes of data they're deleting for no reason.

Do all banks do this shit?
I mean, online shopping sites keep your shit on record for longer. This is retarded. I want to ditch BoA and go with another bank which keeps these logs forever. Is that possible or am I SOL?

Preferably I'd like one which lets you delete them manually if you choose, or hide them.
BoA lets you rename transactions to things like "Dildo from Amazon" but it's pointless to organize this shit which gets auto deleted in a year.
>>
>>1045241

I work at a community bank as an underwriter, but I have my personal accounts at the bank. Our system keeps transaction data for the life of the account. They also send a monthly statement with all transactions.

Do you not have your prior monthly statements? I'm not sure about the regulations but I'd think they'd at least have to keep that info for a few years. Try to stop by or call them to see if you can get copies of prior monthly statements.
>>
>>1045258
Guess I'll give them a call. Will probably get some paper copies.

Do you keep internal records for the life of the account or are they available for the account holders to view themselves online?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.