[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I have the very very strong theory that the Chinese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: foucaultface.jpg (31KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
foucaultface.jpg
31KB, 550x300px
Let's say I have the very very strong theory that the Chinese economy is going to collapse (specifically the housing market) in the next two or so years and lead to another global recession. What type of stocks should I look at going long on to take advantage of such an event?
>>
>>1044264
I have no idea man, its an interesting question though.
>>
>>1044264
Buy put options in in equities that will drop like a rock when your scenario comes true.
>>
shoes like nike reebok. most poor people around the world have either one pair of shoes or no shoes. the last big growth has brought millions out of poverty. the first thing they buy are shoes. whatch nike during a global recession the demand for shoes will drop.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>1044264

Water and security services.
>>
File: 1448000745235.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448000745235.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>1044264
Short their housing market.
>>
>>1044264
Go to a financial institute like Santander or BNP Baribas and tell them to create a custom CDS against the chinese housing market, particularly shorting CDOs but you will have to do your research in order to find those CDOs
>>
>>1044264

It's pretty much already started collapsing.
>>
>>1044264
>264▶>>1044364 >>1044415 >>1044766 >>1044875 >>1044932 >>1044935

I can see it. They are building ghost cities like crazy and not moving enough population from the country to the city to populate them. Seriously watched a documentary where China did that for one city and most of the store owners ran out of business because people were still broke. They're just creating a bunch of Detroits all over their country.
>>
>>1045345
Have you been to China? There's no shortage of people pal, rural or city dwellers
>>
>>1045354
I know, but they have this major plan to move many people from rural areas into cities instead of allowing the people to decide which cities experience growth. What happens whenever you take the dirt shit farmer, or anyone related to them, out of the dirt shit conditions and drop them off into a city? Nothing, you just have a dirt shit city.
>>
>Can predict when a recession in a major country will happen
>Can't figure out how to fucking profit off it

Yeah so how did you figure it out? Read a secret website posted on /pol/ that has all the "warning signs"?
>>
>>1045385
Their stock markets crashed so hard already that they've had to suspend trading and there's a plethora of literature about how poor their lending practices are. It seems inevitable.
>>
>>1045385
China is stimulating its GDP by constantly building Huge ass cities while nobody lives in them or wants to live in them.
>>
>>1044415
How does one go about investing in failure? I've heard of this but a little skeptical as to how it works.
>>
>>1044264
I think the US will trigger a global recession first. The fed has held off increasing rates for months on end because they knew it would cause a recession.

They really had no choice as the low rate created bubble should be quite obvious by now. They sold it as "the economy is strong enough now to raise rates". But claiming our economy is currently strong is complete BS. S&P broke through its August low friday. Next week should be interesting
>>
>>1045593
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucAUriWEFo8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CUcgUeQS-w
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.