[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much should I pay my handyman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: handymanserb.png (775KB, 800x830px) Image search: [Google]
handymanserb.png
775KB, 800x830px
I manage a business and found out from the owner of my company that I needed to have a regular handyman on file. I found this out when an emergency came up and was scrambling to find someone to fix it. I posted an ad on Craigslist and went with the first person who replied.

I told him my situation, that I had made a mistake in not having a handyman on file and that my boss was under the impression that I did. Without doing any research or negotiating, I asked him to be our regular handyman and probably sounded pretty desperate.

Under contract, I owe him $250 per week, have to pay for a license when it gets renewed (not sure what for), and $150 per hour of work plus materials costs.

After signing, I did some research online and can't find anything about handymen getting regular pay. And pay per hour of work looks like between $40 and $75. Did I get had by signing on with this guy on emergency?
>>
like everything you get what you pay for.

What kind of business do you manage?
>>
in America this would be called rape (unless NYC)
>>
If he's a licensed General Contractor and he's actually gonna do the work himself and he knows what he is doing it's not terrible.

But yeah you could have gotten someone much cheaper.
>>
>>1043452
>> I explained to him my situation
>>sounded desperate

If you have no idea of how basic negotiation, how the fuck are you fit to manage someone else's business. This is like perfect example of why small businesses fail, because people like you manage them.
>>
do you know what his expenses are.
like insurance (so when he fucks up your property you have some recourse)
like daily operating cost (gas, tools, vehicles and maintenance)
taxes
workers comp
plus sounds like you want him to drop all his other business at a drop of a hat. that means he will leave a profitable job to be at your beckon call that's why your at 150 an hour.
do the math. quit being a fukin moron
>>
>>1043452

>Paying 1K a month for a person to answer their phone
>150 a fucking hour AND EVERYTHING HE USES

Wow. Holy fuck. Maybe. MAYBE if your business was open 24/7 and had things that couldn't be nigger rigged to work for a couple hours until the handyman's business was open, I could understand, but I really doubt that.
>>
>>1044328
He doesn't have to drop other clients. He just had to be the handyman I have on file. He operates independently.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.