[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ books general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (30KB, 308x478px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30KB, 308x478px
Thoughts? Im part of the way through and I find it quite helpful

Also general /biz/ books thread
>>
Hello, dear poster. You are looking very good today. Remember, we are here only for your service, you are the most important man in his board.
>>
>>1043146
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Just read the wikipedia page whenever it comes to self-help books you fucking idiot. Crack open a text-book and learn a new skill that you can actually apply to get a job or own a business.
>>
The Bible
>>
Do you know the difference between a normal and a general thread?
>>
>>1043268
No please enlighten me
>>
>>1043146
This book was fairly useful to me.

I've always been a bit of a oddball loner and always made more enemies than friends.

But about a year after reading the book, I started to apply what I read in my day to day actions. It's a good way to know what you can to make people like you, if you honestly have no idea and "b urself" ends in a disaster.

I think I'm fairly well regarded at my job and was recently bumped up to management due to my "people skills". There's definitely useful techniques there.
>>
>>1043146
This book is only useful because ever 2-bit social climber with an office job has read it. Read it and figure out how to disrupt your enemies.
>>
File: bizlit.jpg (2MB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit.jpg
2MB, 1345x1450px
>>
>>1044703

>recommends The Black Swan, which destroys and btfos economics and pseudo-scientific bullshit
>also recommends a bunch of economics books

I'm willing to bet you having even read any of those, you fucking parasite.
>>
great book called "the power of thinking BIG"
>>
>>1044706
what's the problem with the economics books?
>>
I will summarize OP's book for you lazy fags.

People want to feel special.
Ask them open ended questions which let them brag, or blab about themselves.
These people will like you even though you basically just listen to them.
>>
>>1044866
That and "never ever criticize anybody for anything and for God's sake don't do a better job yourself."

They hand this book out to new hires at D&H Distributing. Management there is full of cucking cucks.

When I was there, they had a company meeting about health insurance. They'd lied to the two biggest insurers in the area and both had caught on so rates were going up. Boo hoo it's not our fault. They also cucked the company that sold the database their entire operation ran on so badly that it wouldn't sell them the next version.

So as a result they went out and _got_ cucked by contractors selling Dynamics as a replacement. These people in Colorado piddled around for almost two years with almost no progress. MS would fly out "experts" to waste a whole week "teaching" us shit that didn't even work. I probably spent 90% of my time in meetings where nobody knew anything and did even less. Seriously, no direction whatsoever. Never even had a working test environment for crying out loud.

Then I got handed a pink slip by a boss I'd only seen for a few minutes per month because he was "concerned" about how I wasn't turning in any assignments even though i had never received any. Asshole tells me working is coming soon but told unemployment I had plenty of work to do. Fortunately, they have such a reputation for lying that the DoL didn't buy it.

To be fair, I did spend a week programming a really cool radar control in C# but Jesus Christ it was either do that or find a place to sleep away my shift.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.