[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand how businesses like this can fail.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: bedc7s1ewzstr17x7y7a.jpg (42KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
bedc7s1ewzstr17x7y7a.jpg
42KB, 620x349px
I don't understand how businesses like this can fail.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/memetoys#/

http://memetoys.me/about/

With memes being so popular. I was thinking about making a smug pepe cologne and making a smug pepe shower curtain with a mr. feels wojack bathroom mat. Are either of these ideas any good? which is better? do meme projects fail bc people than know memes are disproportionately poor and have no disposable income.
>>
Spurdo?
>>
kill me
>>
Do they take GBP?
>>
bumping for input
>>
>>1042741

Maybe because it's 50 fucking dollars
>>
File: 1450270559024.jpg (29KB, 573x609px) Image search: [Google]
1450270559024.jpg
29KB, 573x609px
>>
>>1042741
toys, maybe

shower curtains, no, even if some autist wants to buy them you should not do it because it is for the greater good of all including yourself
>>
File: 1452827547043.jpg (12KB, 101x343px) Image search: [Google]
1452827547043.jpg
12KB, 101x343px
ayy lmao
>>
>>1042741

too obvious of an attempt to cash in on popular memes.
>>
>>1042741
People want cologne that makes them feel sexy, not like a frog that constantly has diarrhea.

Also, yeah, the 12 year olds and NEETs don't have any disposable income.
>>
>>1044110
But if you create high quality products and advertise them on 4chan they could work. You might have missed the boat with those specific meme though. You need to wait for another big character meme to come along, like Doge, Pepe, or Feels Guy.
>>
>no marketing
>run by chinks

Lets look at meme capitalization that has succeeded-
T shirts
???
Some asshole has a patent on trollface and he's literally made hundreds of thousands of dollars off of it.

Other poster is right in that these are way too expensive.
>>
I've seen this done and properly. An anons mom handcroched Poland balls with hats and sold them for 20$ a piece. They were very high quality, it's why they were worth the money. And people were buying them
>>
>>1042741
This is even sadder than all those "entrepeneurs" that sell t shirts online.
>>
>memetoys

What's next? Meme dildos?
>>
>>1042741
You should pay in dogecoins
>>
>>1042741
>do meme projects fail bc people than know memes are disproportionately poor and have no disposable income.
No, it's because the business idea is fucking retarded. The memes in your picture aren't actually that popular. And people here on 4chan (i.e. adults) wouldn't do something as retarded as buying MEME TOYS. Generally, TOYS are aimed at children (with the exception of cute anime girls and My Little Pony of course). Children nowadays like things like Minecraft, not Pepe the depressive sociopathic frog that /r9k/ relates to.
If you want to sell meme toys, you need to target the 9gag users, because they are numerous and fairly young, so they're more likely to buy them.
I don't know what they like, but just go on 9gag and look through their epic and funny memes.
>>
memes are supposed to be enjoyed in a contextual format. this quality is absent with plain figurines.
>>
>>1044311
so ur saying market on 9gag not 4chan
>>
>>1044366
Also they were shitty bendable "toys." Good God, if you can't do a real action figure, at least do a decent statue.
>>
>>1042741
pepe trading cards, with rares and ultra exclusives
>>
>>1044494
saturated market desu senpai

the thing is is you have to be a meme magician, create memes, and then sell those memes. that's the only way.
>>
>>1044266
Dragon Dildos - "The Pepe"

What would it look like?
>>
>>1042741
So 90 bucks for 3 shitty stretch Armstrong dolls with a chinks interpretation of 4chan reaction images as the face. Gee I wonder why it isn't making millions
>>
>>1044585
HOW do u know they r asian?
>>
>>1044791
Just a guess, location is Hong Kong
>>
>>1042741
What's the incentive for people to give their money to businesses that don't even have a product yet?

I would understand if you get a stake in the product/company and its future profits...
>>
>>1042741
I'll buy all 3 for 30 bucks
>>
50 bucks for that shit

it doesnt even look good or well made
>>
They were asking too much. Classic mistake. Poor perceived value on an already niche product. Also that Indiegogo page is loaded with half-ramblings about irrelevant shit. Might take off if there were better marketing, better PR, and either a better or a cheaper product (probably cheaper).
>>
Memes are for internet posting, not real life toys. Retard.
>>
>>1044123
Why not make more Pedobear?

>>1044527
Constantly limp.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.