[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am taking a year off before going to University and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1407819607216.jpg (117KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1407819607216.jpg
117KB, 500x700px
I am taking a year off before going to University and I've amassed a healthy sun of money(~$15k).

Should I put it into an ETF(VFV specifically) for a year and take it out then? Would it be safe to assume that in around a year it wouldn't keep falling and be a low? - I'm guessing it should rebound by next year for sure...
>>
Are you going to be working before you go to college? If the answer is no, just fucking go to school. College is good shit.
>>
Uh, no, you take that money and lower your student loans
>>
>>1041921
1. Never invest money you need to spend
2. 15k is not a health sum, it won't even cover the menial labor you'll be paying to do.
3. Don't skip a year before college if you're not going to spend it working or travelling the world full time. Your social life will be utterly shit upon.
>>
>>1042498
This. If you are not going to be making a return that's bigger than the interest on student loans (which you won't), then just pay for college now.
>>
>>1041921
Taking a year off to do what?
>>
>>1042516
To work and prepare myself more.

>>1042498
>>1042496
>>1042501
But I'm saying if I don't need to pay for it yet, wouldn't it be smarter to put it into ETFs so it can be earning me a few thousand per year?
>>
>>1041921
At first for the thumbnail of this thread I thought her arms being crossed was her legs being spread. kek
>>
>>1044308
Thanks for the helpful contribution
>>
File: 1451359604193.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451359604193.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>1044315
>>
>>1044315
You're welcome.
>>
>I'm guessing it should rebound by next year for sure..

You really think so? If you bought stock in October of 07' you would have to wait until March of 13' before you made it back to even. By all accounts, the bubble is actually bigger now, and totally out of our control (oil and China) The last 2 weeks have been the worst open to a market in history Im not putting a penny in until we have at least a few weeks of steady results. I fear that RBS might have been right however and we are really living in a 15,000 kind of world
>>
File: Financialization Bubble.png (38KB, 389x276px) Image search: [Google]
Financialization Bubble.png
38KB, 389x276px
>>1044329
But the Dow objectively belongs at 6000.

The reason that everyone has been doomsaying so much over the last few years is because of how impossibly artificial the current stock market valuation is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.