[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to shovel snow for money. How much is a fair price to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: snow.jpg (7KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
7KB, 274x184px
I want to shovel snow for money. How much is a fair price to ask for shoveling and salting a driveway? 15, 10, 20? How many good ol american dollars would you pay?
>>
Are you a grown ass man planning to shovel snow for people?
What the hell is wrong with you man. If you're over 18, get a job. If you're not, get off 4chan.

I'd give you like 5 bucks and then sue you for killing my lawn.
>>
>>1041420
Thanks for the great response! I too thought asking for $20 would be a little to high so i am going to settle on $15
>>
>>1041426
You don't have to have a fixed rate.

If he looks rich, charge $15. Poor? Charge $10.

Salt is free if they provide it, $3 if the don't. Car de iced? $3 extra.
>>
>>1041426
your response made me smile. depends on how long the driveways are and what the going rate is man. $20 for 10 feet of sidewalk and 3 steps, probably not worth it. $20 for a 50 foot 4 car width driveway plus stairs and a deck? a bargain. $15 would be a fair general price though if I had to just throw a figure out there.
>>
I was also considering this. Seems like a decent idea. Good ol' honest work.

Tbh I'd go with $20 then if they decline say "How about $10-15?" Or "How much would you pay for excellent and quick work which saves you unnecessary time?".
>>
File: snow-plough.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
snow-plough.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>1041420
nigga, i shovel driveways on my days off, charging an average of $25, and i get finish 20 driveways in about 10 hours.
>and i dont pay tax on that shit.
>>
>>1041674
With a snow plough? Doesn't really count as shoveling senpai.
>>
>>1041419
Comparable to maids in black. Read the reddit journal, very informative. The dependence on snow is shit tho.
>>
>>1041681
well i guess if you want to split hairs...

regardless, only had to spend $100 on the thing (used) and instead of 1-2 hours breaking my back, i can get a 50 ft driveway + sidewalk cleared in about 20 minutes.

still need the shovel for areas around cars, or other areas the plough cant/shouldn't go fwiw.

and as you said earlier, highball them then if they decline drop the price.
>>
>>1041688
Nice. Do you just drive it around to peoples' houses?

I honestly might shovel 5-10 driveways then reinvest into a used one.
>>
>>1041681

You will shovel, two maybe 3 driveways and then give up.

Which is why this smart guy has a plow and he makes alot more money.
>>
>>1041696
I don't know how to operate one and it seems kind of dangerous.

I'll try buying a used one though by reinvesting my profits.
>>
>>1041695
well, there is a bit of prep work involved.

i put flyers in mailboxes around my neighborhood in Oct to plant the seed (and to set up accounts for those truly interested that actually call)

I DO NOT "cold call" by knocking on random doors. after each snow, i go around again putting flyers in doors/mailboxes to remind people.
>i fucking DESPISE random faggots coming up to my door soliciting shit, so in no way would i submit my neighbors to such an annoyance)

here is another protip.
>go to trailer parks and pitch to the landlord about how mother-fucking heavy snow is, and that to protect their investment, shoveling the roofs of those aluminum boxes is the only way to prevent cave-ins.

works nearly every time, and you just acquired 30+ more accounts.
>>
>>1041698
it basically operates and handles the same as a rototiller.

but im guessing you have never done any gardening type work in your life...

in your case, i'd go to home depot first and rent one to become acquainted.
>>
>>1041700
I don't have a car. So I'd probably need to go around to neighbors houses and offer the shit.

I'll try it, if it yields few fruits I'll put up signs, ill do it anyway tho.

>>1041701
That would be correct, I have not done any.

I am willing to learn and I'm stubborn to a fault sometimes. I've literally raked leaves with smelly ass fucking crabapples for 3 hours before for $10. Why? Because it had to be done and I got started and needed to get it to the end. (

Only mid-way through did I realize $10 might be a little too cheap)
>>
>>1041705
>Only mid-way through did I realize $10 might be a little too cheap
you need to learn how to CBA son.
>>
>>1041715
What is CBA?
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 699x301px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 699x301px
>>1041728
so not only can you not into CBA, but you cant even do a basic google search.
>>
>>1041729
I never said I was smart senpai.

I literally dropped out of highschool
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.