[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil price Gain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
Which countries are going to gain the most if the oil prce still the same as now?
And which one will fall?
>>
Places like Japan and the UK will benefit just not as much as you would think (shipping costs will always be a huge cost influence for "islands"

The entire middle east is going to fucking burn if prices stay low for more than a year or 2 and before someone says it, no, that is NOT a good thing, not when multiple countries have nuclear weapons
>>
im probably going to kill myself if it doesn't recover this year.
>>
Yeah but what about EU and USA or Canada?
>>
>>1041061

Its not coming back this year unless Saudi Arabia and Iran decide they are going to kill each other.

Smart money is on oil being below 21 a barrel by the end of the year (another 33% drop from now) Some are even calling for it to hit 10 dollars a barrel once Iran and the US start exporting
>>
>>1041062

The US and Canada won't get much benefit from the price alone. Any increase in spending citizens will get will be countered by the government losing a shit load of tax money (which in most cases are a % instead of a fixed number)
>>
What about european countries?
>>
File: 1413354095553.png (317KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1413354095553.png
317KB, 800x800px
>>1041069
>Saudi Arabia and Iran decide they are going to kill each other.
>>
>>1041069
>smart money, i.e. the opinion I agree with
>>
If oil stays this low through the year watch out for things in Russia. They have higher production costs than most of the middle east and they are throwing their money stockpiles away starting wars. Their economy was already slowing down and their currency is going bonkers.
>>
Most OPEC nations are going broke and some are in political turmoil. Nigeria, Libya, and Venezuela are in deep shit right now. Iran and Saudi Arabia are one step closer to all out war.
>>
>>1041048
>which one's will fall

Scotland. It's a fantastic thing that they didn't leave the euro or they'd be fucked right about now.
>>
>>1041069
>unless Saudi Arabia and Iran decide they are going to kill each other.
we would only be so lucky

thats like 15 birds with one stone
>>
>>1041738
You're an idiot.
>>
File: image.png (9KB, 690x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9KB, 690x597px
>>1041048
Saudi arabia will go bankrupt in the next couple of years if it continues to sell oil at the prices it is currently. But it wont go that far. OPEC is playing a giant game of chicken and the arabs are waiting for everyone else to cry uncle. At this rate though i think the arabs are gonna give in first because they stand to lose the most. Iran is going from selling almost no oil to rentry into the global market. Doesn't really matter how low oil goes for them because anything is better than when they weren't allowed to trade. Arabs were always fucking stupid too and more concerned about appearances rather than doing the rational thing. They are willing to burn their own money as long as it makes them look tough and powerful. Just look at dubai, it is the perfect representation of arab mentality.

But maybe i'm biased because im iranian.
>>
>>1041983
My impression is the general Iranian population - especially youth - look more favorably on America than Saudis
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 800x799px
>>1041996
Yeah pretty much. The funny thing is the same backwards ass hicks living in the middle of buttfuck nowhere America that supported the bombing of agrabah have their exact counterparts back in Iran; dumbass hillbillies that chant death to america. The only difference is that by my rough estimate, about 5-10% of irans population actually believes in "death to america" and the whole anti-west bullshit while a significantly greater percentage of americans appear to support the anti-middle east rhetoric. The problem is iran has mandatory 2 year military service which to the average american looks like the population at large is ready to wage war against the west. In reality their mostly just young guys looking for a pay cheque or to serve their 2 years, and go home after to binge watch their bootleg copies of game of thrones or play cs-go with their buds.
>>
>>1042013
West has a more power media machine, I would not be surprised if Iran was invaded by the US dragging NATO in along with it in a few years.
>>
>>1042013
This. Iran is by all accounts I've ever gotten not that bad really apart from the religious oppression bullshit.
>>
Iran will probably figure out that their oil is worth more left in the ground for later.
Once the easy oil in Iraq and Syria is all plundered, high cost frackers are out of business and strategic reserves are drawn down, oil will get back to $100.
>>
>>1041966
A war between Iran and Saudi Arabia would make my XOM stock worth a lot more. I wouldn't mind one bit.
>>
>>1041475
What the break even price point for the middle East oil production?
>>
>>1042729

Depend. Strictly lifting cost is probably 5 to 10 dollars. But if you count all the burdens of the government that have to be funded with oil money it's like 70 dollars.
>>
>>1042596
I have a weird tin foil hat theory...i think for all this ZOMG IRAN GONNA BRING A BAJILLION BARRELS ONLINE IN 20 MINUTES talk, that Iranian oil has already been on the black market and hasn't been officially "countrd" towards world production/storage numbers.

I don't think they'll actually do much "turning on the spigot" as they will just start shipping oil through official channels.
>>
>>1042802

It's possible the market either thinks this. Or it was priced in a long time ago. Or it was priced in way too late. Fuck I don't know.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.