[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /modestdreams/ here? All I want in life is to have a stable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1452668216226.jpg (85KB, 1631x1571px) Image search: [Google]
1452668216226.jpg
85KB, 1631x1571px
Who /modestdreams/ here?

All I want in life is to have a stable job with normal hours that pays enough for me to upgrade my PC every 12 months and afford new Steam games. I'm a 22 year old dropout and have failed that miserably so far, but I'm starting community college now. Plan to get an Associate's in Accounting and then my Aunt is gonna get me in at the credit union she works for. She's a loan officer there and I plan to be a personal banker, opening accounts for people and stuff. She says it pays about $40K a year and the hours are good, 12PM-6PM Mon-Thurs and 9AM-6PM Friday and Saturday. Plus credit unions close on every little minor holiday.

Who else here has modest goals? Everybody here talks about making millions off of $20 in Robinhood or Bitcoin. Got to be some sensible people here.
>>
I don't know if it's modest, but this is my ideal life:

Own a 15 acre off the grid self sufficient property away from the major population centres, own a 200 acre farm with lots of nut trees and other capital/time intensive infrastructure, own an innercity property (in Aus, the innercity is the rich part of town because we don't have the government forcing blacks into everyones neighbourhoods), skill up as an expert in drought resilience/land rehabilitation and earn enough money from my job and assets to holiday twice a year and buy most anything I want.
>>
>>1040973
Im with you on the living a modest life anon, but i simply wont settle for mediocrity.

> 6 months left till i am an educated pediatric therapist (norwayfag, therapists earn good salarys here)
> already landed a job at my internship
> started investing about a year ago (currently losing money but i am learning, and have accepted it takes time)
> living with gf
> bodybuilding
> play games (eliminating this one little by little since it contributes nothing)
> few fields of mastery, but the ones i have chosen so far i get really good at because "selective autism"

want a modest life with gf, kids, dog and an OK house etc. But i also want to succeed i my chosen fields. I want to be top tier in what i do. Henceforth comes motivation. Motivation is key
>>
>>1041000

I was actually considering on becoming an nurse or radiology tech (x-ray guy), but my Aunt already said she'd get me a job if I got at least an associate's degree in Accounting so I'm doing that to be safe. I'll either rent an apartment or buy a trailer, and save my money to spend on gaming and other projects I like such as fishing, gym equipment, etc. Don't care about a gf.
>>
>>1041006
Sounds like a plan OP. Although educating as a nurse i would consider pretty smart since 1: its ppl work, so the expertise is always needed 2: it looks interesting (even longterm) and 3: if you have above average intelligence (which i believe you to have), you will sail through the education with a little hard work :)
>>
>Work to get enough money to invest in dividends
>get enough money per month that I no longer need to work to be able to support myself, with enough left over for re-investment or splurging
>retire at ranch
>live as a hermit
>raise a harem of qt horses
>>
>>1040973
my dreams are modest (roof over my head, food on the table, clothes on my back) however they all involve my not working for anyone at any time, which oddly makes them immodest.
>>
>>1040973
My dreams were pretty similar to yours when I was 22

Now I'm 29, I have achieved that dream, and my life is empty an meaningless. I hate myself and don't even enjoy video games anymore, I just play them out of habit because it kills time and distracts me from the depressing reality of my life
>>
>>1041054
Kek

Get a wife and kids. What are you gay?
>>
I just want to be a janitor, how much does it pay?
>>
>Have household income of at least $120,000 annum post-tax by the time we're 35.
>Wife current girlfriend, have 2-3 kids.
>Buy the 2026 equivalent of a Chevy Suburban (or similar sized vehicle) for family.
>Own small business generating enough income to sustain family and live comfortable (after working and saving for years)
>able to afford two major holidays a year (like anon above)
>own a spacious vacation home somewhere in the Pacific/SEA.
>Own a property in the West worth at least $500k in today's dollars.
>>
I just want to have a nice house in the woods. Away from niggers, spics, and liberals. They can have the shitty city's. No debt and a nice truck and project car to fuck with. Family is more important to me then being rich to me. I'm never gonna be rich, a simple debt free life is important to me. Thanks op for keeping it real with this thread.
>>
>>1040973

> working on saturdays

everything sounded good until you got to that part. Take the job for just long enough to use it as a reference for another bank with a M-F schedule.
>>
>>1041054

damn nig.

hope it gets better
>>
>>1041139
Naw just a massive loser who has never had a gf
>>
>>1041147
min wage probably. There are unions in some places but high application rates.
>>
>>1040973
>parents were rich, seemingly unobtainable level of rich
>dreamed of a modest life working a middle class job doing what i enjoy with time to work on hobbies
>accomplish that within a year of leaving college
>decide i may as well make the most of my life
>new goal is to make more than my parents in their best year (~900k 2015 dollars)
>decide best way is business ownership
>planning to found a tech r&d business this year
>>
>>1041147
For free
>>
File: have a 401k they said.jpg (26KB, 497x263px) Image search: [Google]
have a 401k they said.jpg
26KB, 497x263px
>>1041155
i just want my 401k to actually earn money
>>
File: 1381603618123.gif (411KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1381603618123.gif
411KB, 768x1024px
I want to find a way to earn a modest income with as little work as possible.

£1200+ a month would be more than enough for my needs. I live a simple and frugal life. I have all the musical instruments I need, I have my jujitsu and yoga classes, I have internet access, my books and the great outdoors. I don't really need anything else not counting a roof on over my head and simple food to eat (i'm also vegan).

I want to devote the bulk of my time to my interests. I dont want to waste time at a job anymore. I want to work, just on myself and do some volunteering. I have many other personal aims I want to achieve that I just dont have the time for.
>>
>>1040973
>Debt free
>Own a sturdy Massachusetts home by 35 (kek good luck)
>Publish novels
>Have friends that aren't shit

I thought it was modest when I was in college and now I see how god damn ambitious it is, most of my friends will still be in debt by 35. I'm debt free at 26, I'll finish my 15k emergency fund in March, and then it's time to save up 85k for a down payment on a house that will actually last up here.
>>
>>1040973
I want a modest life as well but I want to be able to do it while being financially independent. Truth be told I'll probably never be happy with the amount of money I make despite being happy with the standard of living I can currently afford.
>>
>>1041228
This image bugs the shit out of me. Judging by the size of that screen door, if it's built for humans, this lot is at least 1/3 acre, probably over 1/2. That house alone would take up half of a 1/10 acre lot. Whoever designed this was probably a hippie trust fund kid.

I mean ffs, they say those vegetable beds are 4 feet wide, and they're vastly larger than the screen door on the house. What is this, a cabin for ants?
>>
>>1041240
Story of my life, anon.
>>
>>1041232
$85,000 for a down?

Do you think this is a mother fucking game?
>>
>>1041268
$350,000 for something that isn't utterly falling apart so that's 75k, 5k for the closing costs, 5k for repairs/necessary furniture.

This is for ranch homes. Welcome to central and eastern Massachusetts, you're an hour away from any decent city and you're expensive as fuck, but not expensive enough to crash for decades to come.
>>
>>1041218
I couldn't agree with you more. Just keep on paying into it as much as you can. Don't be like a baby boomer with 55k at age 65 to retire on.

>>1041288
This is the sad truth about Massachusetts. Im in shit western Massachusetts. The homes here are cheaper but there's way less jobs. I wonder if I should fix it up for about 90k and rent it out or just use the money on a down payment the house I actually want.
>>
>>1040973
>working at a large financial institution essentially as an order taker right now
>~50k/yr
>getting my series 7 ad other licenses now
>will move up to an advisory role as soon as I pass my 7 and a couple other licensing exams
>hope to be earning 70k within the next couple years
>dont even really know what I want from there
>>
bump for interest
>>
I just want to move somewhere that's warm year round. Living in Central Europe, the only months I really enjoy are June, July and August. I'd love to live somewhere in SEA, maybe India or some tropical island. Africa would also be nice as long as it's not in the fucking dessert
>>
that literally sounds boring as fuck

I just want to do something I like and yolo invest all my money
>>
>>1040973
Fuck you
>>
>>1040973
My dream would be to get some kind of job I can do working from home. Buy an RV, strap a radar dish on it, get some extra battery storage, and hook up my computer in the back. Drive around the country.
>>
File: 1451860168005.jpg (185KB, 800x931px) Image search: [Google]
1451860168005.jpg
185KB, 800x931px
>>1040973
>mfw I was /modestdreams/ until I got married and had a kid.

$190k and still feel poor.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.