[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we post how much we've lost over time trading I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: NU6ZB9N.png (53KB, 729x547px) Image search: [Google]
NU6ZB9N.png
53KB, 729x547px
ITT we post how much we've lost over time trading

I'm about -$11k

First deposited likle 6k in a sketch forex broker and lost it all pretty much instantly. Had NO idea what I was doing. No stops, so I took like an overleveraged -300 pip loss.

Studied for awhile after that, put in about 8k and then lost 2k and bailed.

6+2=8

Put in about 3k more after a year of studying and lost 2k of that. Now I'm trading at 500 and still struggling to keep my emotions in check but it's getting there.

6+2+3=11

It's hard with $500 though because any loss sucks (in the US, 1:50 10k ml min). But I pretty much oscillate from 500-1000 now, but again any loss that I fuck up or multiple losses in a row even with the most minimal risk % just sucks tits.

Idk what to do. I feel like I'm better (have a 5 pip stop and have kept my emotions in check for at least a year now) but its like.. ugh.

Any one with stories like mine that came out on top?

>in b4 lol just invest in stocks lol
>>
bump

should i even feel bad about this 11k? it's 11k over like 3-4 years of dicking around. last year was my -2k in which i've actually tried pretty hard heh
>>
why don't you buy stuff that is about to go up and sell stuff that is about to go down?
and close the positions when they moved up or down respectively.
>>
>>1040858
lol
>>
File: 1452560466948.jpg (59KB, 400x571px) Image search: [Google]
1452560466948.jpg
59KB, 400x571px
>>1040844
>Had NO idea what I was doing.
>gambled 6k
too rich for me
>>
>>1040869
i mean, i thought i could do it so i overdeposited

didn't break the bank but it sucked
>>
>>1040844
the biggest problem is that you've likely got no edge ergo no reason to be trading in the first place....

you can try to control your emotions or look into money management etc.. as much as you like - if you've got no edge then you're still basically playing roulette and your frame of mind, or how you structure your bets will make no difference in the long term - you'll still lose...
>>
>>1040878
only this past year (where i'm trading with only 500) have i defined and used an edge live consistently.

definitely trust it 100%, can take my losses (5-10 pips) without the whole, you know, double down bullshit that i used to do

i feel like i'm actually ready but god damn i've said that before lol :/
>>
>>1040881
what edge did you think you had?
you can share. it's not like you are giving away anything useful
>>
>>1040893
supply/demand zone + high probable patterns + momentum divergence

happens almost every single day and i'm confident using it.
>>
>>1040893
>>1040902
when i lost much more, my 'edges' i would try were based on ICT lol

super technical, bullshit voodoo.

but now i know i have something that works, been trading it live and demo for a year and i'm profitable but since it's with 500, it's just.. you know, fucking stupid.

only 1-2 trades a day, ~60 pips week and if i take one loss it puts me out. had 3 losses this week, small but it's now hard to build up again cause, you know, i have no capital lol

there's no real/reasonable risk management with < 2k. it's just balls in :(
>>
>>1040902
sounds like technical analysis.

you know that's all bullshit, right?
>>
>>1040909
>zltjVrFI
gtfo.
>>
>>1040911
just keep depositing and proof me wrong.
>>
Why didnt you just put most of it into an index fund and invest/gamble with 20% of it?
>>
>>1041008
>>1040916
and /biz/ shows how useless it is again

fml
>>
>>1041066
Sounds like you're the useless one, desu.
>>
File: dealwithit3.jpg (84KB, 960x915px) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit3.jpg
84KB, 960x915px
I'm down about $2000 because I invest in index funds that track the S&P 500 and the economy is fucking doomed.

I'm not going to withdraw, though. I'll just wait it out and enjoy the decline.
>>
File: 1450398561786.jpg (156KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450398561786.jpg
156KB, 1024x1024px
>>1041089
gl lol

>>1041084
gl too
>>
>>1040881
if you're down 11k then it doesn't seem like you do have any edge
>>
>>1040902
>supply/demand zone + high probable patterns + momentum divergence

you have no edge...
>>
>>1041279
>>1041274
11k over 4 years. read the thread.
>>
I've lost about $80 and that's because I was an autist and left a trade open with no stop loss set while I watched movies.

Since then my trading has progressed and I really enjoy the fact that I didn't give up over a small loss and continued to learn a valuable skill.
>>
>>1040844
This isn't literally the same thing but you might find this video interesting OP, this guy lost 7,200 dollars day trading and kept his head and still made his money back.

Its no good to you now but you don't need to fall into despair if your investment goes down hard because there will be other plays to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpvkFO7Aw4
>>
>>1041341
I'm sorry OP this is a way better video, in this one he actually makes his money back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACbYs4eTb4

ALSO I KNOW YOU SAID FOREX

Please don't get pissed.
>>
>>1041348
>>1041341
thx for the links man. despite what /biz/ says, trading is trading regardless of the instrument.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>1040844
I'll trade for you op! I have only one emotion! And that's greed and greed in eternal ;)
>>
>>1041286
so over the course of 4 years you've lost 11k...

what makes you think you've got an edge?
>>
-4k in year
>>
>>1040844

They say that every successful forex trader empties a few accounts before running a profitable run.

They say it can take a year, or even years of trying and giving up. Of continually failing before finally succeeding.

This isn't true.

This is what they tell you so that you keep trying... Every trade has a winner and a loser. At the other end of your loss, is somebody elses win.

The best at anything were good at what they do when they started. They tell humbling stories of failure to keep the losers trying.

If you are cut out for trading, then you wouldn't have failed in the style you did. (everybody loses trades, but not in the style you are talking about). With proper risk management, you never end up losing the majority of your account. You never end up losing a 3rd of your account... These things only happen to people who don't understand the concept of risk management and patience.

They may be able to read and understand study material on it... But that's not the same thing as understanding it to the extent that you apply it properly... Every single time.

I feel bad for you. It's almost like people being tricked into joining the army. They are told it may not be good at first. The profit/pay isn't worth the work etc. But if you're good enough and really commit, you'll end up on top at the end with a fantastic military career and job safety for life.

Think about it.
>>
What timeframes are you guys using?

Begginers should never trade anything faster than 5m.
In forex, anything faster than 120 minutes is crazy.
>>
>>1041089

>stocks down several percent today
>markets posting their worst start to the year in history

The markets are breaking downward resistance, it's happening, sell everything.
>>
>>1042468
you're retarded. seriously think about what you're saying.

>>1043557
not bad, it's tuition.

>>1043579
eh, i see the mentality you're going here but it's very tinfoil-esque.

i know quite a few successful traders (millionaires) who started humble, blew accounts up, and are now living their dreams after these kinds of trials/errors.

i know one man personally who lost ~200k before becoming a multimillionaire in trading.
>>
>>1043620
If you know someone who blew a 200k account before becoming a multimillionaire trader... Then why are you bothering to trade with your own money? I'm sure if you know such a man then he can help you out.
>>
>>1040844
I'm up about $5k after putting in $20k over a few years. I don't know if you'd call me a trader though. I buy and hold good companies and etfs in industry sectors I like (health and finance)
>>
>>1043633
i want to do it myself. i came to /biz/ expecting to find at least a few savvy people but it's just trolls here huh?

>>1043654
yeah, not really the same but good job.
>>
>>1040844
>I'm about -$11k
unless you are an actual professional trader, as in you went to university and someone is willing to pay you a salary to do it, you're a gambling addict

get a financial advisor and say you fucked up and want to save for retirement
>>
>>1043665
lol is 11k over 4 years a lot to you?
>>
>>1043583

Hahaha thundering capitulation from the Bulls. The glorious grizzly once more steps forth from his slumber and claims his throne. Blood for the Bear God!
>>
>>1043662
Face it. I'm not the troll here.

By saying it's because "i want to do it myself" you are admitting that you could let the multimillionaire help you out...

Everyone knows the reason you aren't receiving financial help from some multimillionaire trader you know isn't that you want to do it by yourself.
>>
>>1043667
nope...

but that wasn't the question - if you're down 11k what makes you think you've got an edge?

surely after 4 years you should be making money not losing it
>>
>>1043620
I think you're the retard here... 4 years of trading, down 11k and you don't realise you've got no business trading as you're playing a -EV game
>>
>>1043700
>>1043692
you're autistic as fuck.

>>1043685
lol what?
>>
>>1043728

You've lost nearly everything you've invested, including the latest slab of cash. Your delusions of being a trader with an edge are just that; you're a gambler, and a bad one at that. No different from that guy down the bookies who swears he's got a foolproof system for winning on the races but still manages to lose money every time.
>>
>>1043728
you lost 11k over 4 years and think you have an edge...

you do realise if you've got an edge you're supposed to make money not lose it???

I don't think I'm the retard here :D
>>
>>1043754
>>1043739
you guys are good at this autistic thing.
>>
>>1040844

OP you are stupid. Well almost everybody on /biz/ is stupid. Damn like for real, everyone wants to act cool and show off how pro trader he is when he has no fucking clue. I don't invest in stocks, but I have a major in finance and I'll be doing an internship this summer in an IB (m&a, not as trader), but even so, the things I read here are just fucking ridiculous. Like for real how do you invest 6k without any knowledge?

When I discovered this board I was like: oh nice, let's see if there are some cool finance anon, but it's just a bunch of wannabe faggots.
>>
>>1043932
do autistic people often accuse others of having autism or is that your special ability or whatever?
>>
I don't trade currency so I have no idea what losing is like.

I trade pure stocks and leveraged etf's no day trading
>>
I've invested in world and emerging markets ETFs for 1½ years. After recent market events I've lost last years profits but I still intend to invest monthly. So 0€.
>>
>>1040853
I would feel ashamed if I lost thousands of dollars by doing something as stupid as trading.

>>1041089
I'm glad somebody gets it.
>>
Could you elaborate more on your strategy OP? I too would like to lose 11k over 4 years.
>>
>>1040902
Please listen dude I'm trying to help. I've been where you were.

Pure technical analysis doesn't work. You can't be profitable with it. Not in forex.

Don't even look at charts, just open up a buisness news website on currencies and spend an hour reading and watching the casters talk about the situations.

IF you don't understand something like quantitative easing or "Yield rates are falling". Go to youtube and google them.

Then once you've read the thing like reading a story.. THEN make up your mind which market 'event' your going to exploit (Like oil price drop shown on the canadian dollar)..

ONLY then open up a USD/CAD chart, look at the trend, make sure it confirms what you've read and heard (If the story indicates there should be a downtrend and there's isntead an uptrend go back to the news websites, you MUST find out why before entering.)

Finally at this stage, when you decide a direction and an entry, use your technicals and supply and demand to find an entry point on the hourly. Enter very small, use a very very large stop. 100 pips or so. Then scale in as you get more and more right, bringing your stops to breakeven, and adding a similarly sized position a bit further on.

As the week goes on youl'l have a sum of positions that almost 'feel' like your over leveraging with massive profits, but each individual trade is safe and rational.
>>
>>1041341
Careful about this guy, He might be a scam, not sure.

I signed up to his 'book' a while ago, and some canadian calling me on my phone a few days later trying to get me to join some kind of trading classroom.
>>
File: lastweek.png (3KB, 88x408px) Image search: [Google]
lastweek.png
3KB, 88x408px
>>1045791
Pic related, Last weeks profits.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.