[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the powerball cash payout at 930 million, the highest federal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

With the powerball cash payout at 930 million, the highest federal tax bracket being 39.6%, and my state's highest tax bracket being 6%, that works out to $505,920,000.

That's an unfathomable amount of money personally, but you know greed has no end so.... When you actually collect your winnings, they only withhold 25% for federal taxes and 5% for my state, which means you would end up with $651,000,000, with the balance of $145,080,000 due at the end of the year.

145 million is a lot of money too. What could you do with it in the say 9 or 10 months that you would have it to offset that tax burden?
>>
>>1040285
invest in a stock that has a heavy dividend % and a solid history of paying dividends
>>
>>1040285
>With the powerball cash payout at 930 million

By the time the drawing happens I bet the payout will be 1.1 bil or higher.

Some people could go home with 800 mil
>>
To be honest, I would rather see a game where 0.1% of the tickets win 1000x the price instead of having one lucky faggot winning the billions...
>>
>>1041618

I would too but the people buy tickets for big pots not for good odds. The lotto is just giving people what they want.
>>
>>1041622
Naturally. I mean, there are lotteries with odds like I want, but they don't have as many players.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.