[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find a job if you have no connections?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I graduated with a STEM degree but sucked at networking with people thanks to my 0 social skills. Now I'm just applying online but getting insta rejected everytime. What can I do other than kill myself?
>>
try r9k
>>
File: 1404577561235.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1404577561235.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
you are on a same boat with about few million others
>>
>>1040283
Get back in touch with your university, maybe find a part time internship while taking some grad classes, and try to get them to take you on full time.

That's what I did
>>
What's your degree? Where you from?
I was in a similar boat, had personal issues in school that really fucked me up. Took about a year until I dug my way into a stable fun job. It's not research but it's a start
>>
>>1040283
Show me your resume.

If you're socially stunted in real life it probably shows up in your resume as well. You can hide it but it will take practice.
>>
>>1040283
Stop it John. We all love you.
>>
>>1040283
Read the charisma myth. Thank me later
>>
>>1040283
It's not hopeless. Just keep trying. Eventually you will interview some place that isn't retarded. Worse comes to worse, take a civil service test for state government.

Source: I had no opportunities to network in college. Interviewed for 9 months until I found a contracting job and another 4 months until I found a permanent job with the state.

I think if you actually have to try to find a job, you appreciate it a little more when you do. I could always tell the people who'd simply been handed a job; they put in the least effort, produced the lousiest code, and spent the most time screwing coworkers.
>>
>>1040283
I have an engineering degree and have been unemployed for 3 years. STEM is literally useless. You need to get a CPA or MD degree to get a job. Have you applied to walmart? they pay 9.50 an hour
>>
>>1040283

He fell for the STEM meme... Enjoy your NEET life bro.
>>
I know that feel.
I ended up doing postgrad. Currently a PhD student.
It's fun. I can research pretty much whatever I want as long as it's useful.
Problem is you're expected to go to conferences and speak in front of hundreds of people, and you're expected to network.
Because of that I think about quitting a lot of the time and just becoming a programmer or something.
Your school should have a yearly careers fair where employers go to recruit new grads, I'd suggest checking that out if you're still unemployed next time it happens.
Maybe do your honours year of study until then.
>>
>>1041430
Three YEARS? The fuck.
>>
>>1041692
Im almost at three years but I have a biology degree. Normies tend to not hire autists.
>>
>>1041430
Pretty sure that you are the one who is literally useless if you have been unemployed for 3 years.
>>
File: image.png (20KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 235x235px
>>1042009
>Biology degree

Literally the worst stem degree you could possibly get. Unless it's molecular bio. But if you fucking studied the life cycle of the canadian goose for 4 years then i don't know what you were expecting. The S in stem almost always requires grad school to get anywhere. Do a PhD or work as a lab tech for the rest of your life. How did you not plan for this? Anyone who goes into science knows how garbage job prospects are without grad school.
>>
>>1042017
Not being able to find a job as an engineer for 3 years just means youre a bad engineer. Did you get your name on the blue pages or something?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.