[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is going to be a REALLY fucking stupid question. I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1436993803886.jpg (183KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1436993803886.jpg
183KB, 700x1050px
This is going to be a REALLY fucking stupid question. I already know that before I'm going into it. But despite all the reading I'm doing I can't really find a good answer to this.

Let's say I have a trading account with 5,000 dollars in it. If i type the ticker symbol for any given stock into Google I can see their graph for 1 Day, 5 Day, etc... Say I picked a random company whose shares are about 20$ each. I buy that morning at 20, and the second that the stock rises in price over .50 I sell all of my shares. Assuming a 50 cent gain (not including fees for trading and such) I'd make 125 dollars that day if that were the only trade I made and I used my entire 5,000.

Likewise, I'd come up with a similar rule that would notify me if the stock were going to drop in a direction in which I'd want to get out and I would sell and minimize losses. Hoping to break even the next day or even the same day if possible on another trade.

What's to prevent myself or somebody else from doing this? I see the graphs for stocks and it seems really fucking easy to make low amounts of money almost nearly guaranteed. I KNOW that it can't be this simple but I'm just wondering why it seems so simple to me.
>>
>>1038906
>(not including fees for trading and such)

it all works fine in caramel candy land
>>
Fees and commissions, plus the possibility that your stock never goes higher than you bought it for (which is higher than you think)
>>
>>1038906

You need a minimum of $25k on deposit in order to make more than 3 trades a week.

Read a book on day trading.
>>
>>1039100
Isn't that just for margin trading? He's using cash fampai.
>>
>>1039139
Without the Reg-T margin, you'll be waiting 3-4 days for funds to clear after each trade and you'll still be limited to 3 trades per week.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.