[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 big questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Learning-Featured[1].jpg (83KB, 482x335px) Image search: [Google]
Learning-Featured[1].jpg
83KB, 482x335px
[b]How do I develop a work ethic[/b]
I read about people that work 100 hours per week and I don't know how they do it. Is it a matter of just forcing yourself to do it, or making it enjoyable, or gradually increase the amount of work you do so you aren't ever stressed out by the increased workload? A high work ethic is essential to accomplishing anything and I must develop it if I hope to amount to something.

[b]How to learn?[/b]
Here's how Elon Musk describes his learning method:
>Frankly, though, I think most people can learn a lot more than they think they can. They sell themselves short without trying.

>One bit of advice: it is important to view knowledge as sort of a semantic tree -- make sure you understand the fundamental principles, ie the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves/details or there is nothing for them to hang on to.

Is Elon Musk saying that I start with the most basic premises, build upon it and create connections between knowledge points in my head?
What is the best method to truly 'know' something?
How do you go about learning and building your knowledge?

1 last thing.
I went into the CBD (Central Business District) last week and met up with a couple of gold dealers to buy some bullion. They were both men in their mid to late 20s and something I noticed about them was that they had such a calm and confident gaze; it was so affecting that looking into their eyes made me feel like my heartbeat slowed down (no homo). As someone riddled with anxiety I have no fucking idea how they are so... cool. What is it that gives them that quality? It's a really competitive field by the way so these guys are definitely ambitious and competent.
>>
>>1038522
>What is it that gives them that quality?
Idk maybe they have kids. Dealing with responsibility has a way of putting casual social interaction in its proper place.
Or maybe they just spend more time looking at people than a computer screen, unlike you.
>>
>>1038531
More like has kids but hates his family and uses work as an excuse to never see them
>>
>>1038531
>Idk maybe they have kids
Doubt it, they seemed to be in the 'work hard party hard' stage of their lives. And I haven't seen any dads with the quality described.

>Or maybe they just spend more time looking at people
Nope, these guys assurance and self confidence and composure was next level shit, no one I've met in years had their quality.
>>
Two things will make a man work.

Desperation and survival drives most men.

Relentless pursuit of a goal drives the rest.

You are almost certainly in category one OP, sorry m8.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.