How do I into the stock market? I have $200 I can use now. Is that a complete fucking waste of time? If not, what should I invest in?
You gotta think of your returns.
cmc no 11$ per trade, so now you're left with 189$
what increase do you need to break even?
and will you invest more before this increase? then might as well wait till you got more,
1. Minimum trade necessary for brokers for you on ASX is $500
2. Cheapest is CMC, but if u want analyst shenanigans u will need to pay $15 so that is $30 buy and sell
3. Get $1000 for your first buy and have it in for a LONG time
4. Only ingest money that if it disappeared tomorrow it would no affect on your lifestyle
5. Wait for the downfall (historically we should collapse soon but the markets have been really stubborn in staying up"
Also read the company prospectus that you're looking at investing in. No need to crunch the numbers like a nerd, (though some people like to) just see if you think the company is a good idea, see who is in charge and look at if they have got their shit together. You will either lose some money or gain some money due to a billion different variables, most importantly company announcements - just make sure you learn from the experience.