[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adsense, affilate marketing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: Снимок.png (24KB, 802x323px) Image search: [Google]
Снимок.png
24KB, 802x323px
Is anyone else here working with adsense, affilate marketing, websites etc?
>>
>>1037432
I know about the grind. How many hundreds of shady Russian websites and botnets do you own? Maybe just Photoshop? Those earnings are totally unreasonable unless operating on a large scale.
>>
cool
>>
>>1037445
>How many hundreds of shady Russian websites and botnets do you own?
lol, I'm from Belarus (near at russia), but my websites targeted mostly to usa, uk and canada. 9 websites at all. Russian market is really weak now, business don't have money for advertising companies so clicks are very cheap. A lot of russian webmsters lost big part of their income and trying to make websites for wester countries. Luckily for me most of them don't speak english lol.

I can't say it's totally unreasonable, but yeah, you're right, there are always big risks that google will change some algo and my websites will lose all traffic. But anyway, that's the only way I know how I can get 10 times more money than average salary at my country.
>>
>>1037478
i'd love to see one of your sites.
>>
I'm working on a site. I's already ready to go online, but my partner (and financer) wants more content first. So it's purely adding content now. I dont see the advantage of waiting, but whatever.
>>
>>1037503
You're right, there are absolutely no advantages at waiting. As earlier you'll run a site as earlier it will start gaining trust and bringing you money. Also it is even better to add content to existing site than just create already with all this content, because it will show google that site is alive and updates content. In that case bot will visit your site more often and new content will be indexed faster.
>>
How do you do a site that actually gets ad clicks?

I ran an adult site with a niche and couldn't get any revenue. Focus was on sex toys and adult aides with a female-friendly and positive "spin". That meant only tasteful pics and nothing demeaning like calling the models "whores". I had a sidebar ad and ads at the footer of each post. I was up to 40k visitors a week ad still saw no income!

Was it just because adult is a bad/oversaturated category? I wonder...
>>
>>1037517
Once I go live the plan is to keep adding 3 pages a week + save 1 page a week for vacations. So after three weeks you have one week of reserve content.

It's a niche where we can add infinite information so it can easily be done besides a normal job. Once it brings in enough money we will up the pace.

If it wont bring in enough money we'll add real products and services (from third parties) to increase the profit margins. I already talked with local businesses if they are interested so in theory if we can convert a local amount of visitors in our niche we can run a profit.

But that's all theory. I'm really interested to see if all the SEO works and how well link building will go in practise. You can have all kinds of cool strategies, like marketing someone else if they market us, but doing it is something else. And you need some visitors so you have something to offer first. So we'll see.
>>
>>1037534
*convert a limited amount of visitors in our niche
>>
>>1037532
>I had a sidebar ad and ads at the footer of each post.
Because it's the worst places for ads block. Put 1 block right after header, 1 at the middle of article and one big right after article. Don't use small blocks, use at least 336x280 px
>>
>>1037552
ops, i mean not header but h1 title
>>
>>1037552
I'll try that. Thank you!
>>
>>1037532
With 160k visitors a month you were clearly on your way and oversaturation cannot have been the problem. Your business model just stinks. Or your ad placement as >>1037552 said.

Imagine if you run a shop and 160k people walk past it without at least a percent or 2 buying something. Then you're clearly doing something wrong.

But stopping and throwing those visitors away seems a bit silly to me. You just need to adept.
>>
>>1037432

Was grinding it out in affiliate marketing bull shit for almost 10 years before I got smart and switched to apps, life is much, much easier now. Websites are dead, mobile is the future.
>>
>>1037582
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out where things went wrong so I can adapt. I don't know if I was showing the wrong ads for my market or if it was the placement or the niche or what? It has been driving me crazy.
>>
>>1037615
Are the ads simply floating around and served up randomly? It seems like you've setup something that should be affiliate/referral links to relevant products you're talking about/reviewing in the body of the articles.
>>
>>1037592
what kind of apps? do people really just download random apps like they visit random websites? I sure don't but am probably not a great representation of people my age.
>>
>>1037633
The ads were mostly random, but I also had some affiliate links as well. Nothing performed. I even linked within text using the item's name to link to where you could buy it (with affiliate link) and had a "If you liked this toy, click here to try it out!" link at the bottom of each article. Still nothing.

That said, most of my interest seemed to be in pictures and not the reviews or articles talking about the toys. These naturally ended up with random banner links as I couldn't identify what was being used in every image.
>>
>>1037665
To clarify, they were random adult ads from categories I selected. MOst of the ads were for adult comics, hentai, and sex toys. In short, the sorts of things that ended up on my site when I wasn't showing tasteful pictures of people using sex toys.
>>
>>1037432
I've been a carpenter for 4 years but making websites interests me, if I was going to learn everything I need to construct one which language should I start learning first?
Pleb question I know.
>>
>>1037680
Not OP, but I can say that most of the time you don't need much of anything. Get some inexpensive hosting, add wordpress and select a theme. From there basic HTML and CSS are all you need at most. You can even buy a theme if you want.

Wordpress does pretty much everything visually making it really easy to add stuff to your site. As long as you remove the "wordpress" footers and make sure it doesn't say "wordpress" anywhere it looks like a normal site. Select the "Create pages" option and add them to a menu. If you use "Create posts" it makes a blog area instead.

I actually have made web sites for various companies as a day job and most of the time we just build them in wordpress so the client can update them easily.
>>
>>1037680
First you learn html (static websites).
Then css (use divs as lego. Place the markup in a seperate file).
Then javascript (fancy moving things on the frontend)
Then php (backend. Getting information from and to a table.)

You could learn some other fancy backend language, but a lot of frameworks and CMS's (= prebuild shit) use php.
I actually did html > css > make a static website > make a wordpress theme and site > php > javascript.
>>
>>1037686
When I used Wordpress I couldn't stand the free wordpress themes as they never did what I wanted. I made a few of my own out of sheer frustration.
>>
>>1037686
>>1037702
This is awesome, thank you for your knowledge.
>>1037721
I furiously beat my wiener when I'm upset
>> which is frequently.
>>
>>1037672
Hentai ads is a quite niche thing, i'd reccomend to try some wider niche - pharma (ED pills), "grow your dick", affiliate programms of some adult video-tubes, "whores in your city", webcams. Also users from adult sites usually good clicking at all types gambling ads.
But placement of ads is one of the most important things - try as mane placements a syou can, gather stats about all placement. Try to put ads as closer to content as possible, don't hide it in sidebar or footer.
But to be honest 160k/month it's not very much for adult, i think in the best case you can get around 200$ or around 600 if you try MO or MT payments (don't really know howit called at english, but it's kind of black hat stuff)
>>
>>1037432
I have a love/hate relationship with Adsense.

A decade ago I was making hundreds per day, then 5 years ago I was making 100/day, then today I am making 10-20/day.

They banned me once after one of my sites got 3 strikes. I filled out the form and they reactivated my account but didnt pay any back money, and left my main sites blacklisted. The site had like 80k uniques a day at the time. Google Images changed its display and cut the traffic in half. Two more algorithms later its at 10k uniques per day.

Im working on getting into affiliate marketing now pushing finance stuff.
>>
>>1038221
What kind of sites did you used to get 80k uniques daily?
>>
>>1038245
Entertainment, TV Show/Movie related. I think it was getting like $6k-$8k/mo from adsense for 3 months before the ban.

The site blew up in traffic the first year, then just declined.

I kept trying to keep it updated but at the beginning of this year I just moved on to some new financial stuff.
>>
Well well.
piracy is good way to make money from adsense
Here is a site doing it well
zoptv.com
hosts iptv links but the adsense is on
biznews.ml/show2.html

That site is making anywhere from $30 to $120 a day.
>>
>>1038309
What was the reason for blocking account?
>>
>>1037652

Utilities and Education. Yeah they do.
>>
File: 14512494916470.png (4KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
14512494916470.png
4KB, 194x259px
>>
>>1038651
Doesnt Google whine about dropdown menus over ads?
>>
>>1038651
>194x259
>>
File: 14512494916482.png (56KB, 561x545px) Image search: [Google]
14512494916482.png
56KB, 561x545px
>>1038659
Yes, it can be cause of accidental clicks. But nobody forces you to use dropdown menu.
>>
>>1038831

how do you add content/make articles if your English is not fluent?
how long have you been running your websites?
>>
>>1038930
Why would it matter if you're fluent in English? If you use it often enough you'll eventually get good at it anyway.
>>
>>1037432
Thew main question here is how the hell do you rank? Do you have any strategies for finding keywords and beating your competition. Getting to top 10 seems like a miracle in any niche...
>>
>>1039048
Do keyword research to find words in google where the top results aren't completely engrained, then target those words using really prime SEO. There's a lot of learning involved
>>
>>1039093
I got the basics covered but generic advice you see everywhere will only get you so far... I was wondering if people as successful as OP have certain strategies/tool for researching apart from the standard..
>>
>>1038930
I don't create content, it is work for copywriters. Also not all websites need a lot of unique content, i widely use spinned text.
I work with adsense about 2 years and most profitable sites were started 8-10 monthes ago.
>>
>>1039048
The secret is to use low competition keywords. I work at seo for quite a long time and found some profitable niches with low competition.
Another way is to try to cover as many keywords as possible. At some niches copypasted or generated content works fine, so you can create thouthands and thouthand of pages. Even if only 1% of them appears at top10 you'll get good traffic.
>>
>>1037432
post link to your site
>>
>>1039749
Nope.
>>
>>1039735
How do you promote your websites? Do you spam facebook, message boards etc or what
>>
>>1040150
The most important thing - content and keywords. My websites get traffic without any outreach, just because they right content with low competition keywords.
By the way, spamminf facebook don't give any seo effort.
>>
>>1040240
Any particular keyword tools or strategies to get ahead?
>>
>>1040310
I started seo with doorways, so my experience quite *specific*. I'll recommend to find niche with big amount of keywords which can be generated. For example i'm thinking now about website for selling tickets to sport games. There are millions of keywords like "chicago bulls tickets cleveland 18 janyary", and dozens of sites selling it. You can create one more and get your 10k-100k users per month. These kind of sites demand really good knowledge and experience, but it is easier way to get big amounts of traffic.
Also semrush is musthave for keyword researches.
>>
File: livin_the_dream.jpg (60KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
livin_the_dream.jpg
60KB, 600x450px
I've got web dev experience for playing around but I can never come up with ideas for sites? How do you pick what you are going to make? Everything I think of is already done.
>>
>>1040379
>Everything I think of is already done.
That's simple. Everything I do also already done.
>>
I made a site with actually valuable information and a great domain. I'm trying this, but I just launched it.

Hopefully I see even 25% of your success, gj.
>>
>>1040379
Just pick something you enjoy.
>>
>>1040379

can you make me a tiny little tool anon?
>>
>>1037432
ayyyy
>>
>>1037445
Not unreasonable.

Get more traffic. Find new niches and keywords that get thousands of searches a day.

Research with this to find out the monthly search volume of keywords
https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

I know plenty of people making $100+ a day and some $400+ with Adsense.
>>
>>1040926
can you give me tips on a site i made recently?

as per>>1040848
>>
>>1041068
Use SEMRush to lookup other sites in your niche and their keywords/keyword difficulty.
Write good articles and choose one keyword to put in the title.

If you don't have money to invest in SEO you can do it yourself. This is a good post >>1040484
Disregard the "black hat SEO" though.

Use "Google Tools" (google it) to keep track of your website rankings on Google and how many clicks you get. It's super important to have good titles and meta descriptions for each of your pages. It's important for SEO and it will get people to click your links on google. It's the difference between getting 1 click per 20 impressions and 5 clicks per 20 impressions, it's the easiest way to increase your traffic. You can easily double your traffic without having to get any better ranks, and your ranks will likely improve from the SEO improvements as well.
>>
>>1041100
Also submit your pages here to get them indexed faster:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
>>
>>1041100
>>1041112
i've got al l this setup. do i just let it sit and keep writing articles?

hoping to build organic traffic?
>>
>>1041165
Basically. As your website ages it will increase in ranks over time.

Don't think you're finished. There is always more you can do for SEO. Get creative with how you promote your site. Make it your goal to become #1 in your niche. Be active in related online communities and get traffic from forums, make a youtube channel with videos. Join facebook groups, make a Facebook page, Instagram. If you actually have good content, try to get it linked to by other high ranking websites in your niche. It will skyrocket your ranks.
>>
>>1040904
What is it?
>>
>>1037432
gives some hard intel, eCPM, pageviews per day, industry u deal with.

How many websites, etc

I am running a games site, 400.000 pageviews per month, doing $500
>>
Rpm 6.5$, 9 sites. Various niches and regions, around 35k unics per day, 600-700 clicks, 0.22 cpc.

Also thinking about games site. Few weeks ago at russian analog of flippa was selled game site earning 22k at month. I had a tlk with owner and he said he have work at that nuche for a few years and have around 2-3k daily.
>>
File: 14473397655550.png (49KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
14473397655550.png
49KB, 600x332px
Here it is his screenshots.
>>
>>1041694
Well done brosef. Keep up the good work.
>>
So how long does it take to get up $100 or so a day? My understanding is that once you're up and running, the workload is fairly small. Is this correct? Obviously it doesn't start out like that. Anyway, I've been wanting to get into this stuff for some side money since my current job is somewhat sporadic. Probably gonna have a few slow months with my job, plenty of time to hopefully get started here
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.