[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic unrelated. So I know I'm a total noob and still have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1-2.gif (103KB, 758x643px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.gif
103KB, 758x643px
Pic unrelated.

So I know I'm a total noob and still have a loooot to learn. But please if someone could clarify some of my confusion.

So basically the world is currently going through another stock market crash? Like in 2008?

Remember how in wolf of wall street jordan got unlucky as fuck his first day as an actual broker, cause of black monday? Black monday was another huge stock market crash right.. that actually temporarily shut down L.F Rothschild.

Here is where I am confused, (I think in the movie it was said also) when people say "the stock market is down 4 points" are they implying thats the average of all the stocks listed on all exchanges in the world?

Like is there one big chart that takes the average of all stocks say listed on NASDAQ for example? How the fuck does that shit work. Also, 2016 is a bear market year right?
>>
Anyone who says "the stock market is down X points" has no idea what they're talking about

2016 is projected to be a bear market but there is no way of predicting that with 100% accuracy
>>
>>1036834

The jargon of saying "the stockmarket is down" is the national stock market of the country that is down for example if the stockmarket in Belgium was down 4 points it means that on average all the listed shares of Belgian companies on the BEL 20 (NASDAQ) which has a total of let's say 100 points at the begining of the year is down to 96 points. These 96 points consist of X number of enterprises who can either go up or down.

Let's take an extreme example there are 5 companies

A
B
C
D
E
F

Lets say company A shares went up 8% in 3 days which is very good. B,C,D,E all remained between (-1%+2%) fluctuation over these days but company F who might happen to be the largest exporter of Oil derivatives like Total or Texaco for you Americans is continuing to lose profits due to the lower oil prices and has cut it's profit forecast and its dividends for the next fiscal year. Investors Panic and the stock of company F tumbles -12% This means that the total value of all stocks divided by their free float which gives their market capitalisation in the whole BEL 20 loses (+8%-12%) = -4% points. this doesn't mean that the -4 is representative of the whole Belgian stockmarket but it's caused by a big loss in a major sector or company.

TL:DR look at the underlying issue why a stockmarket is down.
>>
>>1036845

Ah ok. Thanks. I'm still confused though, if the stockmarket in Belgium was down X amount of points.. wouldn't that include the average of ALL the belgian stocks? You said BEL 20, isn't that just the top 20 belgian stocks? Like, what if other Belgian stocks that are not included in BEL 20 are doing good.

BEL 20 is like the S&P 500 correct? Does every country have a top basket stock?

Also how can the S&P 500 contain stocks from more than one American stock exchange, does that mean it's listed on more than one exchange?
>>
>>1036872

Then they simply don't get counted, the reference you hear on the radio/news. Is often just based on the stocks that are listed on the major Stockexchange of that country.

The Bel 20 is indeed like the S&P 500 and most respectable countries to have a top basket stock.

Stocks usually can't be listed on more than one exchange what you are thinking of is probably the derivates market. Total is listed on the French CAC 40 but is also listed on Euronext but the listing on Euronext is usually in the form of a swap or option on the stocks not that actual stock itself.

I hope it helped a little bit
>>
>>1036834
>So basically the world is currently going through another stock market crash? Like in 2008?
No it is not (not even near), but the more people believe in this, the more wealthier you'll make the actual institutional investors. There is a reason Soros is shilling 2008 in order to get a lower price for the stocks he wants to buy.

I am currently monitoring two stocks I am interested in being played simultaneusly by a big-player, with equal drop times. As it seems it is probably China releasing her assets. The companies itself are robust as fuck, and when they hit the sweet spot, I am there to pick them up.

Smaller bubble companies will burst surely, but we have currently no large bubbles as we had in 2008 with the mortgages, if we had those would be seen in august last year. This is a Chinese problem, with their on-margin retards gambling their lives, if China learned anything from it is to enforce stricter measures on that crap.
>>
>>1036834
>So basically the world is currently going through another stock market crash? Like in 2008?

No , /biz/ is permabears. The s&p dropping to the still fucking really high levels "not seen" since ages ago in october 2014 is hardly a fucking crash

Google "correction" chap , they raised interest rates so a few baghokders sneezed. Thats it
>>
>>1036834
Op stocks ain't my thing but that gif you got is forex and I'm a miracle worker at that shit with 50:1 leverage
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.