[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have a chance in the states?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hello /biz/

I try to make it short
Iam a 25 year old german mechanic/welder with almost ten years of experience under my belt (3,5 years of apprenticeship)
I made many instalations of instriual machines in many countries.

Now I look for a new experience, I havent been to the states yet but i always dreamed about working there.
I have a save job with good payment here and could work almost everywere here

My english isnt the best but I always came along with non german workers.

So my question is, do I have a chance to work in the states? How is the situation for mechanics

Thanks gents
>>
>>1036827
Yes you do.
>>
>>1036827
More than likely you will be able to find a job with that experience.
>>
Enjoy the imperial system.
>>
>>1036827
yeah man, just make sure you don't tl;dr your CV/Resume and not write it in Arabic
>>
You could join a local union, I would suggest one that has a lot of work. The thing is the energy sector isn't doing so well in NA. So there isn't as many opportunities as in the past.

Possibly move to an area in the US with a strong German community that has a trades union which has car plants in their jurisdiction.
>>
>>1036868
Are you kidding? The only way to get into this country legally is as a Muslim or a beaner. Change your name to Jesus Muhammad or Muhammad Sanchez.
>>
Thanks so far guys

>>1037014
Too bad i have the most german surname ever
>>
>>1036827

>So my question is, do I have a chance to work in the states? How is the situation for mechanics

You will be hard pressed to find work, not because you aren't experienced, but because a mechanic isn't going to get you a green card, and H class work visa's are for bachelor's (may as well be exclusively masters). And the employer must also be certified to sponsor you for that visa, which, in terms of a trade does not really happen considering they must demonstrate you're only working because your work cannot be done by any readily available American citizen.

Green cards are only given out through work if you are considered to be "extraordinary" in a field or have an invaluable talent.

Why do so many illegals work off the books? Because of all of these roadblocks that make lawful work so difficult. Why are there still lots of brownskins working tech support? Because they're usually working in OPT programs where they can be paid shitty wages and sponsoring them for a visa in great numbers is cheaper than hiring Americans.
>>
>>1037029
Me too. Wanna get gay married (no homo) I just need about $1000 a month spending money for five years or so .
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.