[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /biz/ I wanna get an understanding of how trading works.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 0

Sup /biz/
I wanna get an understanding of how trading works. Can someone help me with materials, books, videos etc?
>>
Also, some help with terminology would really be appreciated.
>>
Don't learn how to trade. Learn how to invest. Yes there is a difference.
>>
>>1036562
dank meme
>>
>>1036560
This is a good start:
http://buffettsbooks.com/

Then:
Get a good uni general economics text.
Then get a financial markets text.
Then learn marcoeconomics.
Accounting too.

This way you get value based investing, the various formulas of financial markets, and can understand how the broader economy works allowing you to avoid being rekt by some of the advice on this site.
>>
Dick Diamond, "Trading as a Business".

Alexander Elder and Mark Douglas books are obligatory.

If you wanna get deep into it, read Al Brooks Trading series.

The basics of technical analysis can be found online.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrgnKMDRh3s

skip to 30:50
>>
>>1036622
>marcoeconomics

after that you move on to

>poloeconomics
>>
I like this one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbuborn14Mc
>>
>>1036631
Is Anton actually respectable in what he teaches?
>>
General rule = Long term > Short term, trading actively generates costs, eats your motivation and energy + doesn't guarantee you become a millionaire, quite the opposite.

Spread your investments, at least to 12 different objects, 40 different investments is pretty much maximum amount of diffusion, over that you get minimal benefits on lowering risk (you are left with systemic risk).

Throw feelings out of the window. Selling when something is down by 5% is just panicking.

Make sure you know how much money you are willing to lose (so don't invest 100% of your assets, unless you are fine with lose those).

Unless you get real insider info (if you have it, you would know about it), don't trust anonymous tips on "You get 200% by investing in X!", that's not insider info just mere speculating.

Now obviously this posts gets shot down because /biz/ is filled with "traders" who makes millions each month in commission.
>>
>>1036670
yes. Everyone who tells you how to get rich on youtube is credible.
>>
This is how trading works:

You place a bet on a stock if its gonna go up or down.

If it moves the way you guessed you win.

All the rest is details.
>>
>>1036560
Without an education or training in trading you will just have to explore the internet and the books and it kind of just clicks what happens.

Learn ABOUT technical analysis, LEARN fundamental analysis (use this one). Learn about optimal financial ratios (which i think is covered in fundamentals)
>>
>>1036697
what an idiot
>>
>>1036692
Why I'd shoot it down is because, trader or no, I can tell you're one of those guys with a hard on for explaining how investing is better than trading.
To the point you're actively giving this guy advice about investing that he totally didn't ask for.
Be a little more subtle, Charles Schwab.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.