[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people even get into credit card debt? I could understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1426347120364.gif (62KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
1426347120364.gif
62KB, 260x200px
How do people even get into credit card debt?
I could understand getting into debt for something like student loans or something, but what are people buying with credit cards that they need in order to make money and that they expect will make them enough to pay it back?
>>
One of mmy Junkie family members Racked up a couple thousand a month buying returnable Walgreens gift cards....
>>
Simple, they make the minimum monthly payment significantly small. Lure you in with 0% interest for 12 months, followed by 17 to 24% after that. Really easy to convince yourself you'll pay it back later. Do this long enough, while maintaining the minimum, and having the card raise your limit without asking, it goes out of control. The key mistake made is using more money on the credit card than you have available in cash. Smart people can use credit cards to their advantage, but most aren't
>>
>>1036159
This. And ignorance. I speak from experience :(

If only I could turn back time...
>>
>>1036159
Ahh, I guess it makes sense with interest being so high and whatnot.
>>
inb4pedestalpreachers

nvm, too late.
>>
ULTRAHIGHDEF 4K 180hz
>>
>>1036142
Cars breaks down and don't have cash to repair it, whip out credit card. Same goes for household stuff like refrigerator, heating, etc.
>>
Putting shit on "autopay" for the minimum amount and then forgetting about it... for literally years.

NEVER USE AUTOPAY

You need to be manually sending money out of your account every month to realize what is happening. If you use autopay, you will just adjust to "oh i have ($base_pay - $credit_card_payments) cash available each month to fuck around with".
>>
People assume they are smarter than the credit card companies and can get free stuff as long as they act really clever and totally make sure to pay everything on time.

Never do business with someone who profits from your failure.
>>
>>1036142
The buy pizza and beer on time. Nigger tier behavior
>>
>>1036265
>>
>>1038063

I have a cashback credit card that I have not paid one dollar in interest on in over 5 years.

The card actually pays me, since I put most major/recurring expenses on it and pay in full at the end of every month
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.