[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ What economical advice would you give to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: batman.jpg (101KB, 650x436px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
101KB, 650x436px
Hey /biz/

What economical advice would you give to the 19 year-old you?
>>
Don't take out a credit card, just because they have people on campus pushing them to students.

You're a college kid, you're lazy, you'll forget to make a payment, and suddenly you're paying 200 dollars for a McDonald's hamburger when you factor in Interest and Late Charges.
>>
>>1035192
Completely irrelevant. Focus on the present and future, the business world is no place for fantasy dreams.
>>
>>1035200

There is nothing wrong with a credit card if you use it smart.

They can be useful.

But you should never buy things on Credit, that is stupid. If you want to be smart you only buy things with it that you can pay off.

So if you get something from Amazon you pay it off in full the next bill that comes.

You never allow it to go on credit from month to month and make interest for the credit card company.

Only stupid people buy things on credit that way.

But if your smart you can still use the cards to buy stuff online, as long as your paying it off and not making interest.
>>
>>1035192
It's not how much money you earn but how you spend it. Because you are used to surviving you are overly-frugal. This will bite you in the ass both in terms of health and relationships. Learn to budget so that you aren't running ridiculous surpluses.
>>
Study harder
>>
File: 2dde.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2dde.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
Redo highschool courses and get better grades, get an engineering, computer science, or statistics degree

Lean programming instead of wasting time with video games

Stop smoking so much weed

Start working out
>>
Facebook........buy a lot of facebook
>>
>>1035192
It's pretty standard advice but:
>Put away some money each month into a 401k - you have more than 40 years just put it in an index fund.
>Treat any credit cards you have like debit cards and only spend as much as you can afford to pay back immediately
>Get a bachelor's in a non-meme major. Don't get yourself in too much debt
>Only get a Masters if you can get someone to pay for it
>Network. don't be a shut-in autist even if you end up doing CS or some shit where autists run things.
>Don't get married before 30.
>If you can, get a job as a consultant for a couple years before settling into an FTE position. Not a contractor though - that's just an employee without rights.

That's all I can think of right now.
>>
buy puts on blockbuster video
>>
>>1035395
>Don't get yourself in too much debt
how do I know how much is too much? I'm 20 and considering getting my bachelor's and I'm staring at probably 18k in loans
>>
>>1035522
18k is probably fine. Figure out what the average salary is for a new bachelor's in your field. Subtract cost of living: which might be 25k or so. I would personally feel comfortable with a debt I could pay off in 2 years e.g. if you should average 40k fresh out of college then you can take less than (40-25)*2 or 30k in loans.
>>
>>1035224
It's for his 19 year old self, not yours.
>>
>>1035192
Spend like you're poor
Plan like you're retarded

If you don't, then you will be.
>>
>>1035522
Please, just dont do a retarded subject. Seriously think about it.
>>
>>1035221

fuck off autist.

normal people take part in thought experiments
>>
I tell them the exact stocks to invest in to be a millionaire.
>>
Stay in business economics, don't think about transferring to a subject you dont know about for the money

Don't listen to my mom and finance a car

Don't spend all your money on useless shit and start my fashion hobby earlier, so i don't impulse cop fast fashion
>>
check your ego at the door.
>>
have fun but don't ruin yourself-no kids until you are 30, no hard drugs, no debt
>>
>>1035382
Fuckkng this.

Study hard so you don't end up in community college hating your life and thinking about suicide. Fuck man.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.