[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When a guidance counselor says "you can do anything,"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 486.jpg (26KB, 448x311px) Image search: [Google]
486.jpg
26KB, 448x311px
When a guidance counselor says "you can do anything," what does this really mean?
>>
Go to college regardless of what shit you wanna study
More people go to college more funding we get
Yolo
>>
>>1034598
You can't do anything.
>>
>1900 SAT
>3.4 high school gpa
>35 AP credits
>AAS from a community college
>learning disabilities (ADD, extended testing time blah blah)
>kitchen experience
>experience traveling solo in Europe and the Middle East

Why God, I must be able to do something. Never said I'm physics at Yale....
>>
>>1034641
*studying
>>
File: 17ef3d8.jpg (25KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
17ef3d8.jpg
25KB, 600x415px
It means that you should shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
>>
>>1034641
I am fucking confuse by your post. Are you studying physics at Yale? Or you're just a neet traveling the world?
>>
>>1034641
Well seriously, I don't know what people like me normally end up doing.
>>
>>1034598
it means s/he just sits on their ass and collects a paycheck
>>
>>1034650
I travelled for a month after finishing my associates degree. I'm not Ivy material. None of us here are.
>>
>>1034598

>they told me I could be anything
>so I became a guidance counsellor
>>
>>1034658
I see, well academia is a joke anyways. Research money is so fucking shit that most leave for industry. Just do whatever is profitable and can make you happy.
>>
>>1034663

>just do what makes you happy anon!

Here we fucking go again.
>>
>>1034656
This
>>
>>1034641
>Yale is not even in the top 10 for physics
>git gud.
>>
>>1034666
>do what profitable and it makes you happy
I'm not telling you to go become a professional dick sucker or post-modernist feminist on dick sucking.
>>
>>1034666
>>1034663
So sick of this shit
>>
>>1034669

>profitable and makes you happy

Nigger, if there was an obvious answer to this nobody would even ask for advice. Doing what you love will lead you to being a homeless anal prostitute addicted to crack and doing what's profitable will turn you into a robot that works 100 hours a week for Big Evil Corporation to afford a better watch, no social life and puts you into an early grave. These are the options.
>>
>>1034672
Just do IT stuff. Lazy man way to life.
>>
>>1034672
Anyone who asks that question wants a balance.
>>
>>1034658
LOL. Ivy league graduate here.
>>
>>1034658
>I travelled for a month after finishing my associates degree. I'm not Ivy material. None of us here are.

Know feel.

>Tfw getting a shitty fucking associates degree and likely going to kill myself soon

Fuck man all my friends are studying pre-med or actually intensive shit while I never go to class and get perfect marks in meme retard college
>>
"I'm just telling you what you want to hear in hopes you don't come back so my job will be easier."
>>
"you are are free to do as the government tells you"
>>
It means he gets paid to say dumb shit.

Look at that guys life, lmao.
>>
>>1034797
/thread
>>
>>1034598
Do what you want to do. You'll be better at it and be more willing to stick with it because of it, no matter how many people say it's dumb.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.