[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silver/Precious metal acquisition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: silver.jpg (16KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
16KB, 350x350px
i'm looking to buy some silver or possibly gold incase shit hits the fan,
now should be a good time to buy some so how would i go about it?

as of now i am thinking of buying some silver online.
should i get gold instead?
don't buy online?

i have about 4k to spend max, but i don't want to go over 3k
>>
>>1033629
Go on vacation instead. You'd be too retarded to sell even if you were right.
>>
>>1033639
this isn't necessarily about making a profit, i am mainly doing this to secure some of my extra income, as i said, incase shit hits the fan.
>>
>>1033646
Then you are even dumber. 3K in a precious metal is so low of an amount that it is worthless. At todays prices that is only three ounces of gold.

If "shit hits the fan" niggers will just take it from you. Any real dealer will not bother with you because you have so little of an amount.
>>
>>1033646
Why not buy utilities stock or something which is actually useful if it all goes to shit like canned food if you're that worried. Income is almost certain from the former, and the latter is actually useful.

t. Regretful owner of 45oz of silver
>>
>>1033629
If you're looking to secure your wealth for shtf, buy books, water, food, clothing, and tools (re: weapons).

If you're trying to cross borders, buy jewelry and bullion coins that have a face-value and only declare the face-value of the bullion coins. The jewelry can have sentimental value so if they catch wise and take your coins you can likely still keep the jewelry.
>>
>>1033649
>Any real dealer will not bother with you because you have so little of an amount.
what makes you say this? is 1kg of silver not worth buying for a dealer? where do we draw the line?

>niggers will just steal it from you
unlikely

>>1033650
possibly, my options are open, i was not planning on buying more than 1kg of silver, and now that i
look at the amount of gold $2k can buy its not too impressive.

>>1033661
on what scale would this be? also ausfag here so weapons are out of the question.
>>
>>1033675
Depends on what you're prepping for and how long you plan to bug out/in for.

For stocking up on survival items and staying put, I'd say whatever you think will outlast your situation. There are shelf-stable foods you can make that will last hundreds of years. For bugging out across boarders, I'd bring $10,000-$20,000 in gold/silver coins and jewelry/gems depending on how savvy you anticipate the boarder patrol to be.

Make sure your documentation is up to date and start preaching religion - they'll pass you right through.
>>
>>1033629
Heh. Maybe you'd be better off stockpiling tinned meat, alcohol, cigarettes, toilet paper, antibiotics, ammo, etc. Easily tradable. Look at Venezuela.
>>
File: 1449629597784.jpg (27KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
1449629597784.jpg
27KB, 780x438px
>>1033649
>any "real" dealer will not bother with someone wanting to spend $3000 on something

wat
>>
>>1034151

The lowest margin dealers sell $100,000+ at a time, minimum order is 100k.

They sell you know, 10 mil at a time to people that sell silver on ebay at huge markups
>>
Buy ammunition, firearms, perservable food, lead, oil (for preserving tools and guns), reloadable brass, gunpowder, bullet casting dyes, water, propane, lighter fluid, booze, cigarettes, coffee, hand tools (knives, axes, etc.), and maybe even spices.

Realistically, don't even stock up on 'tradeable shit' because people will just Mozambique drill your ass when they find out you have shit.

No one is going to want your shitty 'precious' metal when shtf.
>>
File: gold and silver.jpg (40KB, 450x273px) Image search: [Google]
gold and silver.jpg
40KB, 450x273px
>>1033649

When the dollar dies, it will be good to have PM's.

No amount is too low to invest. He can put half the 3k into silver and half in gold, or about 2k into silver and about 1k for an ounce of gold.

Silver would get a higher return anyway.

PM's are tanking right now, so now is when to buy.
>>
During SHTF the only silver or gold of use is Junk Silver for Barter.

They might go as far as to take ASE and cut them to make change. But you wont be able to trade with large bars, they will cost too much. But that is only in a end of the world scenario.

If you are talking about an Economic SHTF then you have another problem. Lets say the value of PM's go really high and there is alot more inflation.

Then nobody will want to buy your PM's Because nobody will have extra money to buy them, and they will be at an all time high, and people dont buy when its at an all time high.

They try to sell to suckers.

If you have PM's you will have to sell them to suckers, and good luck doing that when nobody has any money.

You will be stuck with a bunch of useless metal. So you can hold it for a very long time till things get better and then maybe you can sell it off then at a much more reasonable price.
>>
>>1035165

My prediction for the next 5 years in metals

Gold is meh. Has a maximum downside potential of $250 but the max upside is only 4-8X current value

Silver is where it is at!

Silver could go to $8 I can't see much more downside than that.

But the upside on silver will fucking blow everyone's mind. 8X on the low side within 5 years

mark my words and save this thread

silver is a winning lottery ticket
>>
>>1035330

Yes we should see 12 dollar silver.

It could go as low as 10 or maybe 8 at the bottom and those would be great times for some investors to buy Silver.
>>
>>1035170
>price and demand will have an inverse relationship
I've never heard of this.
>>
File: 1452306808199.gif (1MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452306808199.gif
1MB, 320x200px
>>1035165
>when the dollar dies
>>
>>1035341
OK so there's this:
>In economics, the law of demand states that, all else being equal, as the price of a product increases (↑), quantity demanded falls (↓); likewise, as the price of a product decreases (↓), quantity demanded increases (↑)

But in this shtf scenario, gold and silver prices will be going up because more people want to buy it, right? Why else would the price go up? People will be wanting to offload dollars to buy PMs.
>>
>>1033629
get silver, if SHTF and all you have is an ounce of gold to trade for some food, are you going to want to buy $1000+ for food or do you want to give them a couple ounces of silver?
>>
Look at it this way.

When silver is down to 8 bucks a ounce you wont be able to find any silver eagles at your coin shop. It will be a shortage.

But when silver goes up to 100 have you have stacks of the eagles you wont be able to sell them to the shop. It will be a surplus.
>>
>>1035369

You don't understand markets.

If there was no bid (not being able to sell at coinshop)

you test a lower price. Let's say $90

can you sell at $90? No?

try $80 Still no?

try $70 yes you sell at $70

Your silver is worth $70

This is how markets work

If you can't sell at X then it isn't priced at X
>>
Yea you are basically saying you will have to sell 30% below spot.

Its fine if you bought it below 50

But this is all hypothetically based on the price of silver going to the moon.

Nobody sells their silver that far below spot.
>>
File: aYWr2wx_700b.jpg (81KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
aYWr2wx_700b.jpg
81KB, 540x960px
>mfw people buy gold
>>
>>1033650
....you bought at like 35$, huh?
>>
>gold and silver

it was the original fiat currency,Invented so that a tax collector could hold the value of a goat without actually having to explain to his wife why there is an animal in their hut eating one of her robes.

If you think S will HTF then you should anticipate how S may HTF. If you expect society to collapse then you may want firearms and potable water.

If you think the stock market will have a catastrophic crash but industry and society will go on then Gold/silver may be a good bet.

If you really want to become a god among the SHTF world, then spend that 3k and invest it into educating yourself, learn trades like plumbing, machinery maintenance and repair, electrical work and engineering while they can be easily learned. These things will never lose their value in your lifetime and have practical applications in both the world as it is now and the dystopian horror that you fear that it may become. Laugh at the man who pays you an ounce of gold because his wife refuses to fuck him until the toilet stops gurgling up sewage.
>>
>>1036489

>This

do retards really think in case of a collapse people are going to be civil?

If someone sees you with precious metals they will either kill you or abduct your ass

You want weapons
food
drinkable water
>>
File: Gangster Pepe.jpg (5KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
Gangster Pepe.jpg
5KB, 250x196px
>>1036489
>>1036618

I got 2 ounces of gold and way more in silver Eagles and Canadian Maple Leafs, but remember niggas, the most precious metal is lead and I got that the most nigga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wufMFnglE4A
>>
Ignore these other retards.

Buy junk silver coins, NEVER NEW STUFF. People who buy eagles almost never profit Australian pre decimal. Find out locally what the bid ask price is and buy at the bid price from a private party. In the USA they sell $1000 face value bags and the prices are listed daily in the WSJ. There is always arbitrage between silver price and junk silver price In times where prices are falling you can get a really good deal because most small holders are idiots. By careful purchasing you can make a 5 -20% profit when buying. Go visit coin dealers they should have a price they sell for 10x face 15 x face etc. As times get harder there kids are stealing their parents coins and unemployed people are selling. Profit from them
>>
>>1033629
>having precious metals will count when people are murdering you over bags of dry dogfood

enjoy your paperweight, goyim
>>
>>1033675
>weapons are out of the question
>niggers wont steal my stuff!!
talk about fucking delusional
>>
>>1037691

someone already mentioned that junk silver will be better, as it's more easily divisible and cheaper over spot.
>>
>>1037709
>weighing yourself down with silver and gold and not cartridges and food
>>
>>1037717
ever heard of something called a safe?
also one guy with one gun wont protect against a gang of
rabid niggers that come breaking and stealing everything.
>>
>>1033629
You gotta be careful buying online only because people fucking gouge you. If its $14 an ounce you will pay $16.50 + shipping unless you shop.
>>
Is buying from Apmex advisable? I like the low markup but I don't hear much about it.
>>
>>1036460
About $25... yeah... lots of regrets.
>>
>not having tons of shiny to oogle over
>>
>>1033629
Buy lots of AR15s, Buy lots of 5.56 Ammo

Here is why.

Scenario 1: SHTF

You are strapped with the most commonly found semiautomatic rifle in the US. Everyone wants one, and there are few left to be sold. You can trade for literally anything you want. Ammo will become increasingly scarce. It will only appreciate until new ammo factories are set up.

You can secure yourself, create a small group of men to defend a region, and be a small warlord. kill, trade, and/ loot everything you need! Hell! Even start a new Islam! You can be the prophet Anon!

Scenario 2: Shit doesnt hit the fan.

As time progresses, fire arms are becoming increasingly difficult to acquire. More bans, more restrictions, over time. From state to federal level. So far, weapons already owned have been grandfathered in. I would assume this will hold for enough time for this to work. (worst case you just have them all "stolen" if confiscation comes into play)

After the next 'Assault weapon" ban. You can sell your rifles at 5x-10x what you paid for them.

Ammo becomes more regulated? Good news, you have tons of the old good shit in the basement.
>>
>>1039157

You looking to sell f.a.m?

>>1039198

Been thinking about this too, buying weapons and ammunition to improve position at the outset of SHTF.
>>
>>1033646

You're absolutely retarded.

If we're in a global economic calamity such that you plan to make a living with silver ingots, you've got much more serious problems than the questionable liquidity of your metal. You're probably going to sooner die of hunger, exposure or violence if it gets that bad.
>>
>>1035330

Why would your shitty ass opinion count for anything. If your prediction is fulfilled, it's not due to your acumen, but chance.
>>
>>1039198
>Ammo will become increasingly scarce. It will only appreciate until new ammo factories are set up.

There are these things called reloading benches and most big gun enthusiasts have them. Smokless powder is cheap, it is easy to cast lead bullets, and brass cases can be reloaded multiple times.

>As time progresses, fire arms are becoming increasingly difficult to acquire. More bans, more restrictions, over time.

The AWB expired about 10 years back. There have been dozens to attempts to bring it back and they have all been shot down. The rules Obama used executive action on do nothing to make it harder to get a gun. ARs and guns in general are not going anywhere.

The best STHF investment is tools, particularly anything related to machining metal parts, and the skills to use them. People will need spare parts and you will be a god if you have the tools and know-how to make them. Old school machining skills are a dying art thanks to CNC.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.