[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing for starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: FB_IMG_1435510214502.jpg (25KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1435510214502.jpg
25KB, 400x600px
So i have inherited 150k from my parents and wanna start investing however im not very experienced would stock simulators help or should i give them up? Specifically i use investopedia stock simulator advice?
>>
B I T C O I N
>>
>>1033482 i did not ask for bitcoin farming advice did i? Besides its worth it anymore
>>
File: betinho.jpg (32KB, 255x246px) Image search: [Google]
betinho.jpg
32KB, 255x246px
No need for simulators, bro, just spend it all on PETR4 stocks.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447445846958.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447445846958.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>1033491what??? What is that petrol?
I said i need advice for starters
>>
If you don't know shit then just buy passive stock ETFs in several payments spaced out with time, such as every 6 months for a few years.
>>
>>1033494
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/petr4

It is a Brazilian company at an all time low. That, coupled with how weak their currency (R$) is right now, means that you can make a huge profit in a 3 years window (time left until the next election, where the government will try to artificially make everything look better, you will profit from the R$ becoming stronger and the company being more profitable).
A single share is a little more than $1.50 right now, and you should be able to double your money during that time.
Worse case scenario? You get even or operate at 2-3% loss.
>>
Stop! Im not buying any actual stocks yet what i said was >should i use stock market simulator to learn the basics and after learning procede with the actual stock market or should i give up stock simulator

>specifically the investopedia one
>>
>would stock simulators help or should i give them up
Of course more experience helps.
>>
>>1033500
>6
Investing in petrol? wouldnt that be pretty stupid with all this overproduction and that global warming shit every government is concerned about?
>>
File: baba.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
baba.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>1033480
oh man; we need a sticky for this

>watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEDIj9JBTC8

>read
Intelligent Investor - Ben Graham

>evaluate and simluate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ija5kWGFZVY (gurufocus.com)
>>
>>1033480

OP you will lose all your money. Financial markets aren't easy. Need constant dedication and research and technical skills and knowledge which you as a beginner don't have. Don't invest by yourself. Go to a fund, or even better, simply don't invest. You'll 150k.
>>
>>1033574cok thanks have seen the first video i will watch the value stock one later
>>
>>1033578 dude are yoy fucking serious did you read the op?
>>
>>1033578 i said i wanna invest but of cource i wont since im an amateur i said any advice if i should keep experimenting with investopedia stock simulator only one guy answered correctly that yes it gives you experience everyone else is saying his own crazy stupid shit you are all useless only one guy answered on the actuall question i mean wtf this is not a math test
>>
>>1033596
Im thinking real estate if you have 150k to throw away. Buy shit and rent it out to students from china since they dont have time to fuck your shit up since all they do is study. Meanwhile, read books and experiment with sims while saving up another 150k. An alternative is to lock your money away for a couple of years, with compounded interests, staying ahead of inflation while you play with the sims
>>
>>1033624 Thank you an actual helpfull comment wow an actual geniune thoughtful person but seriously apart the other guys answer its a nice suggestion i will consider it thanks
>>
>>1033596

still you are stupid. I have done simulations too. And it's not the same. In a simulation if your losing 30% you don't care and you simply wait till the prices increase again.

Will you have what it takes and have enough cold blood to keep your head clearly enough to take decisions when your 30% loses of your 150k??? Will you?? Investing in the financial markets is not easy and as for example you wouldn't expect a non-medicine graduate to do a operation you can't expect from some non-finance graduate to take the best decisions.

Do whatever you want, but if you invest them, you'll end up losing in the long term for all the other reasons I wrote here >>1033578
>>
I would say put it away and collect interest take a year or so learning about investing then park it somewhere safe and keep 10k to play around
>>
invest in u.s. treasury bonds
>>
>>1033480
Where are you from OP?
First pay off any debt, highest interest first.
Second, start putting a few thousand each month into a series of global index funds. This averages out your costs in case of major price fluctuations.
Finally, wait. Just leave it there to grow.

Also worth keeping 6 months of living costs in cash. Just in case you lose your job or whatever.
>>
>>1033685
don't panic and bail out early. I'm assuming you're a few decades at least from retirement. You'll be fine if the market tanks soon.
>>
>>1033667 i swear to god dude i saif i wont fucking invest anytime soon and if i will in the future after i become at the very least an advanced investor i will not put all 150k jeezus dude just leave the thread
>>
>>1033480
real estate yo.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447253881316.jpg (28KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447253881316.jpg
28KB, 720x540px
>>1033685 to answer most questions and get some answers im 21 my father has passed away and he left me his barber shop in greece where i currently live at and work which provides me with a very good salary i dont have any debt or anything to worry about i also will soon leave greece and go live in NYC along with my uncle for a new fresh start at some barber local barber shop that fills any questions i believe
And please i dont want to hear from any stupid uneducated ignorsnt person things like

>oh pay your debts first greek fag/idiot etc

>any other smartass joke about greece financial state
>>
>>1033719
100k in a fund - ETF's whatever
30k on the bank - on account
20k - to play

Invest 5 - 10k in something you are interested in, research a lot, look at the things I sent you.

You will not learn by simulating, you will learn by investing, taking a position is not the subject here, but making a lot of effort to gain every information possible to decide to put your money into it. If you simulate it, you won't give a fuck about what you buy, since you'll not have enough motivation to look it thoroughly in the first place.
>>
>>1033730
Post a company you are interested in, and we'll discuss it.
>>
>>1033732 im not interested in buying stocks hahaha im about done with all you of telling me to buy stocks im not buying a thing at least i get a considerable amount of education of investing all i asked for was is simulation worth it
Other people say it help others dont so im gonna take my chance and experiment with it a bit thats all dude thats all there is if you have any other solution to me gaining more knowledge and experience on the subject it will be well taken thats all folks
>>
Kek so OP you are from Greece? My company had a project for a major greek bank. Shares are only 1 cent worth now. With what we suggested them it will rocket again. You won't be able to buy the share tough. Only institutional investors can.

You are obsessed with investing it. And it won't end up good. Best advice is the guy that said you should invest in government bonds. Yields are very low now but financial markets are currently very volatile.
>>
>>1033730 and btw yes that pretty much what i was going to after i would have enough experience on investing

1)100k in a fund - ETF's whatever
2)30k on the bank - on account
3)20k - to play

>Invest 5 - 10k in something you are interested in, research a lot, look at the things I sent you.
>>
>>1033566
Not medium term, and not at those prices.
>>
>>1033757 dude fuck off seriously oh kek from greece? Smart-ass idiot get out of here you and yoyr useless posts seriously i said i wont buy shares especially greek one if you had actually read my posts i said im moving to us soon and with that i will be investing into us ass well no get out you and your smart ass greek mocking posts
>>
>>1033480
Buy a mobile home park
>>
>>1033719
PAY DEBT
A
Y

D
E
B
T
>>
>>1033778
oh my god you again? didn't we tell you to lurk more?
>>
>>1033778

Stil i kek about you not about greece. You try to look like smart ass
Since my first comment you are calling me stupid. You say you don't want to invest so why are you saying you will first to a sinulation to see how it goes? Do you think we're dumb? Idiots like you amuse me. I work in the financial sector and you're trying to act likr a smart ass. Okay then. Lose everything
>>
File: 1452264445935.gif (4MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1452264445935.gif
4MB, 800x450px
>>1033784 there he is everyone the ignorant uneducated guy yes congrats idiot for proving my point

Oh and even if you think its a joke or funny you are an even greater idiot
>>
>>1033574
this guy looks like he does lots of cocaine
>>
>>1033793 hahahaha are yoy kidding me right now we are still arguing about that LAST time i say this op said is it worth using a simulation while also studying? In short i did not say i will not invest i fucking said just that i mean common im mot a smart ass you are the smart ass trying to tell me i will lose my cash i said jist that i will become at least advanced while using simulation etc and then invest thats it thats fucking ittt
>>
>>1033803
Last thing i will tell you. I said it before and other anon did too and you called me stupid. Simulation will not help you.

2. Financial markets ain't easy. Do you know about chinede politics and economics? No well your still fucked because a plunge in asian markets retaliated in europe and us and all the markets were down. You also have to know "what the markets feels like and thinks". If you don't do proper research which is very difficult to do you basically are like gambling your money. Thats why funds exist. You guve your money to people who now anout his shit.

But hey do the fuck you want. I couldn't care less if a fucker like you loses everything.
>>
File: pol-turd.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pol-turd.gif
2MB, 320x240px
ITT
>picrelated

I'm out, time to browse /gif/
>>
>>1033815 you are a joke
>>
>>1033759 please read what i say here omg i said i will experiment with it a bit while studying about it and after fucking AFTERRRER i become good enough i will start investing with like 30k read my other posts im mot gonna repeat my self so many times i will first become at least advanced thatsssss ittttttt wowwwww amazinggggggg
>>
>>1033828

A barber is telling a guy who works in the finance industry he is a joke in a thread talking about investing in stocks.

Kek
>>
>>1033832

You are stupid. Because you cannot read. I told you abovr and other did too. You won't become an expert with a simulator. People study a finance degree and get through really tough recruiting procedures to get a job as portfolio managers. And you say you will gain enough knowledge with a simulator to invest 100k

Do whatever you want. I'm out
>>
>>1033833 it would not matter if you were warren buffett if i need to say the same shit in every post you are a fucking joke of a person i said it a million times i yoy know what forget it read the other posts im tired saying the same ducking stuff again and again
And again
>>
PAY D E B T S
>>
>>1033836 ahhhhhhhhh my fucking god jesus lord savior pleaseeeeeee i said along with fucking studying ahhhhbbbhbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh after i fucking become at least a fucking advancedddddddddd investorrrrr ahhhhhhhhhh then i willl fucking use at least 30 fucking k to learnnnnnnn even bettterrrrrr i will not fucking learn much from the simulatorrrr ahhhhhh my fuckkiiiing godddddddddddd only for some small fucking periodddddd yoyuuuyy fucking kidding meeeee ahhhhhhhhhhhhhkdjdncksjx akdnskzn
>>
>>1033836 go to fucking hell dude go to fucking hell and die i cant fucking stand your fuxking smart ass read my fucking plan above 100k saved 30k to invest etc etc please for the love eebbe of fucking gosssddddd
>>
>>1033719
PAY DEBNTS PAY DENBTS
>>
File: 1452214132578.gif (169KB, 272x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452214132578.gif
169KB, 272x200px
>>1033866 Bravo
>>
>>1033844
lol calm down malaka
>>
File: 1452197183927.gif (2MB, 388x356px) Image search: [Google]
1452197183927.gif
2MB, 388x356px
>>1033887
huh? What are you now a genius googling greek cuss words? Who's a big genius you're a big genius
>>
>>1033719
Global index funds man. If you don't know what you're doing, just follow the market by dollar cost averaging once you're in the USA.
>>
>>1033950 thanks man advice taken
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.