[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate how anything you go into is just about schmoozing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: gossip.jpg (232KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gossip.jpg
232KB, 600x600px
Anyone else hate how anything you go into is just about schmoozing, politics, inner circle of friends and that style of crap? It is pretty horrible if you think about it.
>>
It is a part of life.

That's like thinking about how much it sucks that you need to sleep 6-8 hours a day and that you need to eat because you keep getting hungry.
>>
That is human behavior.
>>
>>1033456
>>1033487
not really because they are all just using each other for their own gain
in some countries like communists its merit based
>>
>>1033508
Don't know if I'd go that far but this this obsession with "socializing" at the expense of everything else is a learned behavior.
>>
>>1033508
>Communism
>Merit-based

Oh man this is good.
>>
>>1033508

What a joke. Capitalism is merit based- I make 10 times as much as a mcdonald's worker, because I'm worth 10 times as much (more I'm greatly underpaid)

In communism, we make the same, but I'm still 10 times smarter, so how is that merit based?
>>
>>1033508
>He thinks there's no nepotism under communism
>He thinks government officials aren't elected by who their dad is and who they're buddies with
>He thinks he won't be rotting in a gulag until getting shot in the head and fed to barn animals

Yeah communism is great! All those people that died and tried to flee from it just had it coming!
>>
>>1033972
That's pretty much the most damning indictment there is. Brain drain.
Like Paulie said "Hey, we don't keep our people behind a wall with machine guns!"
>>
>>1034067
>b-b-but *real* communism has never been tried!!
>>
>>1034071
Well, that sucks for them.
Because their past glorious successes have tainted the brand, perhaps irretrievably.
>>
>Anyone else hate how anything you go into is just about schmoozing, politics, inner circle of friends
yes.
The person that gets promoted is the one taking more coffee breaks and getting on first name bases with boss, not the guy who does more or better work. It's no wonder china has double digit growth and our only growth is in financial. The whole business world is fucked.
nothing you can do thou, just be Dilbert's wally. The fact is, the way 98% of companies are structured there is 0% you can do to help move the needle. The business is all luck and goes along by it's self. Sure at one point somebody invented something or started something, but by now it all just hums along. You in the office working an extra hour isn't going to increase custumors.
>>
>>1034118
>It's no wonder china has double digit growth and our only growth is in financial. The whole business world is fucked.

That's really too bad that China has a complete lack of freedom, a terrible quality of life and significantly lower GDP per capita.

Isn't the Air in BeiJing equal to smoking several packs of cigarettes or something?

Get used to it autist. No one cares about the autistic guy who has no social skills and can't speak in public.
>>
>>1034213
>No one cares about the autistic guy who has no social skills and can't speak in public.

Why though? Is it so much trouble to justify your beliefs?

What inherent value does socializing offer?

To me it just sounds like your a lazy piece of shit desperately trying to justify your value as the office social butterfly.
>>
>>1034226
Look at it this way:
The vast majority of positions in any given industry require personal interaction, no matter to how small a degree.
So, as supervisor, do you promote/keep the guy who's great at his job that no one likes, or the one that's not quite as good, but everyone gets along with?
>>
>>1034226
>What inherent value does socializing offer?
>To me it just sounds like your a lazy piece of shit desperately trying to justify your value as the office social butterfly.

My social skills aren't even that good but I'm not autistic enough to believe that social skills r just for "le dumb normies XD" or whatever /r9k/ would say.

Humans are a social species, our entire success as a species is based on communication and organization.

Yeah you might be a good developer, but if you can't communicate with people you cannot work effectively in a group and you cannot understand the needs of the customers.
>>
>>1033508
Congrats, stupidest post of the day
>>
Why would this even be an issue for you then? You KNOW this! Use it to your advantage!

Why not socialize anyways? You're stuck with your co workers for 8 hours a day, you may as well get to know them a little bit.

There's three things you'll have to do if you want to thrive in a workplace environment, from most important to least:
>Socialize with colleagues
>Be kind to everyone
>Be a reliable worker

If you're not willing to do at LEAST one of these you may as well not even bother.
>>
>>1034263
I promote the guy who's great at his job. What are you, stupid?
>>
I love it. I could bust my ass at every job and be a wagecuck.

Instead I work 5 hours a week and be the most likable guy in the building. Bring in donuts once a week and collect my $1300 a week paycheck.
>>
>>1033508
I thought this might be bait, but you can't make this shit up.

>communism
>merit based

As someone from an ex-communist state, where you ended up in life depended largely on who you know.

You needed an "in" even to buy a fucking fresh sausage instead of canned pork, because their demand exceeded supply and shopkeepers would just put them aside immediately for their immediate friends and family.

To be anything more than a deadbeat shovelling shit you would have needed to join the communist party. If you wanted to get ahead, you would have needed to build your "profile" so that you were highly regarded and "trustworthy" according to communist rhetoric.
>>
>>1035042
I think you've never been in a position to promote anyone.

We promoted a guy who is "great at his job" and that's all there is to him. Instead of leading his team, he is just doing his old job slightly better than before. However, not willing to the the management / administrative aspects of his new job.
>>
Yes, I hate it OP. Interviews are solely decided on normieness as well.
>>
>>1035148

I've had interviews at engineering companies, banks, public sector... all of them are nothing other than tests of normieness (this is for graduate positions)
>>
>>1035077
Did he actually want to become management or did you push him there with a lack of raises and lack of input in decisions that directly affect his work?
>>
>>1035191
Because here's how it works in IT. If you're a programmer, idiot managers who don't know anything destroy your productivity with their constant interference. If you take the bait and go the management route to escape that, you don't get to program anymore because now you're expected to delegate everything to incompetents. It's a no-win situation.
>>
File: dumbo kek.gif (688KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
dumbo kek.gif
688KB, 500x337px
>>1033508
>merit based
>communist

Best thing I've seen all day.
>>
>>1035195
My company is currently trying to get me to take that bait. I think I'd rather just be a code monkey with less stress and normal hours
>>
>>1035195
Full disclosure: employers either love me or hate me. The ones that hate me, without fail, lied during the interview.

I go into a job expecting to have work to be done correctly and in a timely fashion. If you're happy with excuses delivered late so long as I keep up with Game of Thrones, be upfront about it. Then I can spend $30 on the DVDs, watch them at my desk, and incorporate that into the excuses I deliver. Works for everyone, right?
>>
>>1035042
>What are you, stupid?
Mmm, probably not as stupid as the guy begging for help out of his mire of social retardation.
>>
>>1034441

I don't think people here will get it.

Most people don't want to go to work to be drones. We're all adults and we all have responsibilities, but we'd at least like to be an environment that makes you forget its work. Sometimes just being around chill people can be enough.

So they might not be the absolute best solo workers but at the end of the day the team needs to cross the finish line.

Also if you're the straight arrow, 4.0 guy that is too quiet or too boring then you're just going to be a stepping stone for people to pass off their work on. Now you're the office bitch with no room for advancement and if you open your mouth you're not a team player.
>>
People defending nepotism, networking, an no affirmative action etc.. are always spinning their examples ex competent well dressed guy w/ great banter vs neck-beard loser that smells.

In real life it's the cousin/friend/Brother in law being picked over whoever posted their CVs, or any colleague that asked for it and has been there for a while already.
It's not that the nepotee isn't skilled, he might have gone to yale for all intents and purposes, what's wrong is that the other person going through the normal channels doesn't have his shot. The problem is moral bankruptcy here.

A system which prides itself for the importance of making it though uni with hard work cannot call itself meritocratic if poor people have to work twenty hours a week at night while Mr trust fund gets to sleep, study and hire the best tutors. The typical answer is "well work harder". It's not that it's impossible to get into med school while working as a taxi driver all night long but it reduces your odds, it handicaps you.

You compound that with lack of opportunities for networking, lack of knowledge of people outside their lower class spheres, increased odds of health problems, violence in their daily lives, lack of transportation severely impacts job search for ex etc..

Strangely, women already reversed the gender gap in education so in future generations they might hold power in the work place and actively discriminate against men. It's going to be fucking hard to get them to accept affirmative action for underprivileged boys when we refused it to them for generations when it made sense.

The pendulum swings back. Always. Nepotism in the work place is asphyxiating the job market out of potentially better elements.
>>
>>1035437
>any colleague that asked for it and has been there for a while already.

Seniority isn't nepotism
my company always hires from within first
>>
>>1035439
>>1035439
my phrasing was off; I was complaining about a nepotee chosen over a guy from within.
A company hiring first from within is a good thing.

I just get tired of this board drinking the conservative kool aid. This board doesn't care about business, they all want free money at the expense of everyone else or productivity.
Seriously we're having regular threads about creating prostitution rings, money laundering, tax evasion, and the lottery.
>>
>>1035449
>they all want free money at the expense of everyone else or productivity
I see.
These are conservative traits?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.