[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: heraeus_one_oz-500x500.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
heraeus_one_oz-500x500.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
Hey /biz/, what's the best website to buy silver from? Planning on buying some in the near future in case the economy does something fucky.

Also questions that don't deserve their own thread I guess.
>>
>>1032417
Where do you live?
How much capital are you wanting to invest?

Give some details.
>>
You can find awesome shit on ebay. Look up spot prices on Google and find the best deal on ebay.
>>
>>1032814

Who makes the best silver? American silver eagles?
>>
>>1032417
goldcore are a good crowd. Easy to build up holdings and sell em when the price goes up. If you want it delivered it's just a nominal amount and really simple.

But beware that every single transaction will incur some sort of fee, and you'll be mad until you realise that that's life
>>
>>1032417
Are we allowed to talk about lottery on /biz/?
>>
Dont buy silver now unless you plan to hold it for 20 years or take a loss when it goes down to 10
>>
OP, if the stock market was to crash the price of silver would go down, and it would present a huge buying opportunity.

Look at the past, each time the market crashed it brought down silver before it went back up.

If you want to invest you have to buy at the lows and sell at the highs.

Dont buy now in a bull market when its not at the bottom.
>>
Sure its a good idea to have some PM as an insurance policy.

Just in case the dollar collapses you can retain some of your value.

But you wont get rich like some people say, you wont be able to buy a house with one silver bar like some of those guys are saying its not correct. You will only protect the value of your money, not get rich in that situation.

Or if you are an investor you dont worry about this hedge, you are trying to make a capital gain, so its back to the buy low sell high.
>>
File: vghcx.png (41KB, 791x672px) Image search: [Google]
vghcx.png
41KB, 791x672px
sweet, a qtddtot!

I am relatively new to investing/finance, so here is a maybe stupid question - see attached image.

On 1/2/2015 VGHCX was trading at ~212. At the end of this year it was ~220, so roughly a 4% price increase.

Where is Vanguard getting their "12.65% 1yr annual return" number from? Even if you move the dates around a bit, price is maybe 5% higher than it was last year. TTM yield is 1.1%. Where is the rest of the that 12% return coming from? Is there some other source of income for a holders of a fund other than dividends or its price increasing?

What am I missing?
>>
File: vghcx 2.png (35KB, 795x602px) Image search: [Google]
vghcx 2.png
35KB, 795x602px
>>1034073

bump? Found another page on their website that confirms it is capital return making up 11% of their annual return.

I'm even seeing different things on different websites... morningstar has it at a 3.7% gain over the past year, which is more like what I would expect. Why is Vanguard's different?
>>
>>1034348

well I'm playing with some numbers - maybe this is some kind of rolling average? if you take the yearly return between 1/1/2014 and 1/1/2015, 1/2/2014 and 1/2/2015, and average all of them, it's a bit over 11%. So that is closer for 2015 returns, but I tried it for 2014 as well, and that gives ~20%, compared to the listed 27%.

I don't understand how they're calculating that number ;_;
>>
lets say I buy something broke, fix it and then sell it.
I made the expenses today but I didn't sell the repaired item til next month.
would this be last month late income or would I have to count it as this months income.
or what would it be called?
I'm not a smart man.
>>
>>1034052

no, bro. silver has a 2-5 year window for massive returns

>>1034059

while it could drop temporarily, it might not. it did that in the past, however there could be other factors at play in this crash that cause the metals to skip a selloff and go right into being physically unattainable. A good strat would be to buy a percentage of what you want now as a hedge against crazy high future prices

>>1034062

You seem to be pretty certain about future asset values. Let me reference bitcoin. $14 in 2012 -> $1000+ in 2013. Did you see that coming mr. future prediction pants?

Silver will surprise you. I promise
>>
Web design or 3D Design?, which of the two requires less experience to start earning money?, which has more online freelance jobs available?
>>
>>1035391
Or Graphic design.
>>
In the financial market, silver is R$1800 kilo.
I found a dealer that sells a bar of 1 kilo of silver 999 for R$2900, but he said he can make a better price if I buy more. Of course there's the price of mintage and his profit, but is it a fair price?
I'm searching for silver bars for one week and he has the better price.
I hate this shithole country.
>>
>>1035541

anything 10% over spot is completely unacceptable for generic silver
>>
>>1035663

When you buy large bars you should be getting the smallest premium.
>>
>>1035691

depends on what area of the world you are in

Looks like this guy lives in brazil, and I am not sure how easy physical precious metals are to acquire there
>>
>>1035663
What is generic silver? Does premium silver exist?
Honest question.

>>1035691
But what is a good percentage?

>>1035704
I'm from Brazil. I only found 4 places to buy certificated silver.
Banco do Brasil: A bank that sell coins of 28 grams of pure silver for R$120 each.
Reserva Metais: that sell bars of silver 999 of 25 grams for R$134 each.
And two dealers that sell bars and imported coins of 1 ounce of silver (R$115 each) from Canada with the certificated. The one I talked about has the better price.
>>
>>1032417
Buy billion from a local retailer put in safety deposit box if it is a serious amount
>>
>>1035869
Bullion*
>>
>>1035800

premium silver is called numismatic. It is usually silver coins minted by governments
>>
>>1035886
Thank you very much.
>>
Anglo far East in Panama works. metal is held in Switzerland, top notch by Argor Heraeus (where big banks buy from)
>>
Why haven't you bought CRTC?

Read the PRs fa m
>>
>>1032417
gainesvillecoins.com

discreet shipping. lowest markups.
>>
>>1032814

Ebay is sketchy as fuck for PM's.

I use JM Bullion and Provident Metals.
>>
we have coin shows where I live-buy (and sell to) from other people for spot price
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.