[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I can't find a better place to post this so please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Gray1142.png (101KB, 430x750px) Image search: [Google]
Gray1142.png
101KB, 430x750px
Hey /biz/

I can't find a better place to post this so please bare with me

I recently was unconscious and had to be rushed to the ER. While I was in the ambulance I came to somewhat. The one thing I definitely remember is one of the paramedics telling another one, "go ahead and put a catheter in him, no anesthesia" in a real snarky tone.

Thanks to this I have a urethral stricture (damaged urethra, not severely but it is painful when i ejaculate/urinate)

Is this something I can press charges against the paramedics for?
>>
>>1032406
Sue the individual, not the company.

That way you won't contribute to higher healthcare prices.
>>
>>1032408
Shitty advice.

Sue the hospital, they will settle and pay you.

Trying to sue a person is hard as fuck.
>>
>>1032406
Irethral strictures are a known complication of catheters. Using anaesthesia would not have helped. Maybe not using lubrication would predispose you. Their argument would be that it was an emergency/ your word against theirs.

Hospital may settle out of court.
>>
>>1032408

Fuck this guy.

morally he is right, but the system fucked you and now you should cash in.

contact a good personal injury attorney in your area. PROVIDE AS MUCH EVIDENCE OF EVERYTHING AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN! GATHER TONS OF EVIDENCE
>>
>>1032406

What exactly are you going to press charges for?

In an unresponsive/unconscious patient you aren't going to use anesthesia when putting in a foley catheter because you risk further CNS depression in an already unstable patient. This is best practices and standard operating procedure.

Also, in what clearly bizarre circumstance are you getting a urinary cath in a pre-hospital setting anyway? I've never seen it happen in many years of EMS experience, nor have heard of it being done. Patients get cath'd when they hit the ER, but the pre-hospital setting is not a sterile environment so they simply aren't done.

NOTE: Catheter can also refer to an IV catheter, suction catheters, etc. A suction catheter for instance would be used if someone has vomit in their airway, but you can spray their mouth with a lidocaine (local anesthetic) mixture before hand to dampen the potential gag reflex in some cases.

Generally, ambulances only carry short-term sedatives, not true anesthesia for a variety of reasons, aside from a helicopter perhaps.

I don't really see this going anywhere, but more power to you.
>>
>>1032406
>bare with me
Nekkid
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.