[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a few weeks ago I put an ad in the newspaper for computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: considerthis.gif (769KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
considerthis.gif
769KB, 260x173px
So a few weeks ago I put an ad in the newspaper for computer repair, I get a call, and legally install copies of windows 10 onto various laptops for a company and the total bill is around $2500 the client gives me a perfectly good check and I cashed it, everything went smooth and both parties are happy, but my only concern is do I need a business license to repair and maintenance computers? I thought you only needed one if you were selling taxable goods?

I live in Pennsylvania if that is of any consolation
>>
I do not believe computer repair is a regulated industry.
Also there is not much to worry about. Looking around for a license and coming into compliance as you find one and are able to acquire it is acting in good faith.

You should start a company to limit your liability and maximize your deductions and writeoffs, and build your credit to eventually be able to get a loan for payroll and supplies etc...
>>
>>1032372
Thanks! Actually helped a lot!
>>
>>1032372

Li Sheng at again, always useful posts for biz.

Do companies really pay $2500 to have people install Windows?
>>
>>1032390
Yeah it was like 10+ computers, I had to format the old windows, install 10, and like 5 other programs per pc
>>
>>1032390
The answer is no, they don't. Not from someone with no reputation who just put a classified ad in a newspaper. There's some angle you're not being told about here.
>>
>>1032366

> Do I need a business license
no, your work does not really require one

> What about taxes?
You may want to get an LLC. You can operate without one, but it makes you look more official, and I think it will streamline your taxes at the end of the year.

I'm not 100% sure though.

I have a similar style of business and I have an LLC.

What city are you in? I might do a news ad in my city if its worth the money.
>>
>>1032372
are you chinese?
>>
>>1032568
I live near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and a representative of the company contacted me, but the company is located in Georgia, and the ads are anywhere from like $75-$300 if you're wondering, I'd say it was worth, and the rep says they have a lot more work for me so hopefully it because a more often thing, I want to get a business license eventually though
>>
>>1032699

Hmmm. thanks.

I live just north of Atlanta.
>>
Don't forget to file taxes on income reported or Uncle Sam will come knocking. You would probably take the W-9 route as an 'independent contractor'.
>>
>>1032699
Did you pay for the copies of windows?
>>
>>1032803
They provided discs and keys for all copies
>>
>>1033191

OP, I am in this space, I distribute the goods repair shops use.

Do you use skype? Email?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.