[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an interview in a couple of weeks for a firm that specializes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: SEC-Series-7-66-Call-Out.jpg (30KB, 270x89px) Image search: [Google]
SEC-Series-7-66-Call-Out.jpg
30KB, 270x89px
I have an interview in a couple of weeks for a firm that specializes in training new financial advisors/planners, which would be a great opportunity. Part of the year-long residency would be getting my series 7 and 66 certifications, which I honestly know almost nothing about.

Has anyone on /biz/ taken these exams? Are they easy or hard? I've always done well on standardized tests. I had a 33 on my ACT and when I thought about grad school I was in the 90th percentile for my GRE score. How much effort should I put into preparing for these if I do get the position?
>>
>>1031656
Doesn't anyone on this board actually work in the fields they talk about 90% of the time?
>>
>>1031656
And youre asking on 4chan? Any mug can pass those exams. It's the reason the industry is full of sharks. Its what you do with the skills afterwards that matters.
>>
>>1031726
That's what I figured. I was just curious. I'm not looking to make a fortune, just live comfortably and help people with their finances. I'd be willing to bloodsuck from a few rich cows though if that's what it takes.
>>
>>1031730
Use the skills to make your own investments. Above all treat your clients with respect. You make more commission and clients selling profits than losses.
>>
>>1031739
Yeah, That shouldn't be an issue.

Here's hoping the interview goes well.
>>
>>1031699

I watched boiler room a couple times
>>
>>1031656
Take the practice exams on investopedia

most of the questions are not very thought intensive. Most of the tricks are in wording. The rest is just reciting facts.
>>
>>1031656
Are brokers still a thing? Why wouldn't somebody just use the Internet to buy/sell.

I get if they are brokers that recommend.
>>
>>1033047
I dunno. I'm trying for financial advising/planning, so that's only a part of it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.