[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CPG Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (76KB, 621x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 621x390px
IAMA: P&G Account Manager in Canada, having also completed sales and marketing internships at PepsiCo and Unilever respectively.

Graduated not long ago.

AMA
>>
what do I need to get a position like yours?

I'm guessing you make damn good money too, no?
>>
>>1031628

>>1031628

Well, that entirely depends on what your current situation is like. Whats your age, education, work experience, etc. like?

P&G definitely pays well as far as marketing and sales jobs go. Out of my undergrad I am making 60-something a year with a very good life balance. I definitely think my quality of life is better than my finance friends who went into banking etc.

P&G does not offer as much upward mobility as other CPG companies and many people wind up in essentially 2 positions for a total of 10-12 years before they are promoted further. So I'm planning to leave, maybe back to PepsiCo, after a couple of years, to get the experience and invaluable brand on my resume.
>>
>>1031628
Honestly P&G doesn't pay AMAZINGLY better than other marketing and sales jobs straight out of undergrad, but the career path and future earnings it sets you up for is very valuable.
>>
How much do you earn? What school did you attend?
>>
>>1031647

I'll give you a hint that you will get if you are also Canadian - a top business school from an otherwise not-so-top university ;)

It made it easier in that PepsiCo, Unilever, and P&G all are partnered with at least one club at my school, so the recruiters will come to campus a few times a year. Get an internship with one big CPG and it makes it much easier to get an interview at another, once they see that brand name.

I earn in the 60-70k range straight out of undergrad.
>>
>>1031647

That being said, people have broken in from shittier universities as well, it's just significantly harder if you're applying straight out of school.
>>
>>1031649
>Not top

Hmm sounds like Laurier or Schulich if anything.
>>
>>1031651
Is there even shitty universities in Ontario? Seems like all the top 6 or whatever are all relatively decent
>>
>>1031658

Ding Ding Schulich

I considered transferring to Ivey and was accepted but fuck that tuition. 24.5k vs. 9k
>>
>>1031660

Laurentian, Lakehead, there are a few.

Top 6 yeah they're all good. We have quite a lot of unis
>>
>>1031661
Yeah senpai.

Lack of co-op of Ivey/Queens in addition to drastically higher tuition is such a meme.

Laurier here desu
>>
>>1031664

Not-top = Laurier or Schulich?

But I thought you guys were "Canada's Best Business School"?

;)
>>
>>1031673
"A top business school at an otherwise not so top University"

Plus no one claims it is top in business. Only that it has the largest business co-op program.

I agree though, everything else does suck in terms of programs.
>>
>>1031678
I mean best*.
>>
File: BCBBS1.png (417KB, 748x298px) Image search: [Google]
BCBBS1.png
417KB, 748x298px
>>1031678

I'm just teasing you guys based on your school's marketing campaign :)

Laurier is blessed for co-op though, truly truly valuable asset in your program.
>>
>>1031680
True lol.

Marketing campaigns are shit in general though, everything is "number one in ____".
>>
bu,mp
>>
>>1032172
3rd year accounting student, 77-82% avg end of this year. no work experience outside of short stint in retail.

where should I toss out apps for a summer time internship? I'm not in a coop program, and the recruiting season for those kids ended a while back. I just want something accounting/finance/actuarial related that will get me in bed with a nice company, or at least add substance to my resume before I graduate.
>>
>>1031619

Could you tell us more about yourself? How old, where you studied, what you studied and maybe a couple of other details to paint a better picture of your career.

Also, what was the interviewing process like and did you leverage any connections to get your internships or current job?

Thanks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.